EMTB, a way to make flat trails exciting?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
De-restriction helps bridge the gap.. Controversy aside.
20mph limit off road, 28mph on road would be the ideal compromise IMO
After 600 miles in and 3 months on an emtb i am beggining to see the 15.5 mph as a bit of a barrier but i can live with it, after clocking the display on the bike and noticing exactly where its cutting off and when, i would concur your figures would make a world of difference to the enjoyment of these bikes. To be honest 20 mph flat would be cool full stop :)

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Yeah. It really depends on the trails a lot of longer flatter blue/red descents are actually less fun on a heavy emtb limited to 15mph. This will also depend massively on your fitness and skill level tho. But I know I'm no faster on any actual descent on my 170mm Emtb comparing times to my 170mm Enduro bike.
Flatter trails (being hard pack) can be slower on the Eeb. While any descent with rises or short climbs in the middle the Eeb has a big advantage.
But like I say. Depends on the trail/trail centre. Still fun but I honestly prefer normal bikes most places except climbing or hard going Softer natural XC terrain.
De-restriction helps bridge the gap.. Controversy aside.
20mph limit off road, 28mph on road would be the ideal compromise IMO
Agreed a gentle downhill requires more effort due to the assistance drop above 15mph, even more so those flowing trails where about 17 to 19mph are a gentle rise definitely benefit a lightweight trail bike and fit rider. Also undulating trails the bike weight is tough from about 23mph down to the assistance level. As with most things its about adopting a different riding style, especially when riding against analogue bikes and just don't demoralize them on all the steeper climbs!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles