E10 with M560 (Slow build)

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Hi, where did you order the M560 from?
Any indication if is OK on 52v?
Thanks
In my case i asked dengfu about through their email.

Can't confirm but i don't see why not, You could ask wherever you get it from if no one has a definite answer

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Put on the brakes during the weekend, after having some struggles with the pressure switches i wouldn't recommend them over the levers with built in switches, The one hiding in the frame was a bit of a struggle to screw in because of the tight space.

should have cut the cable at the connector and just soldered on the new wire there, this became messy.
1689512694564.png

1689512783032.png

1689512742446.png

1689512822808.png

1689512936004.png

1689512881290.png

Will have to fill the brakes at some point, also ordered a pnw dropper lever and i'm still waiting on the motor

Most of the bike will be pretty much done soon aside from the electronics and the extra stuff.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Dropper lever arived today, turns out PNW gen 3 lever with ISPEC-EV doesn't fit the magura shiftmix 4, Ended up ordering a regular clamp

Also ordered a dropper today and some other stuff like a jagwire bleed kit for the brakes.

Hopefully next week i'll be able to make some progress again when things start coming in, After that it's mostly waiting for the motor and planning out a battery build.

Newest lists, the PNW grips are out of stock pretty much everywhere in the XL black out version, still got some old bontrager grips on the bike.
1689958586231.png

1689958656331.png

1689958685264.png

The last update on the motor from mia
1689958802836.png

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Just recieved the motor, It's still gona be a while before the bike is done, Battery needs to be planned out and the BMS i have doesn't really seem to fit. The motor came with a 104BCD Spider and a 36t chainring.

1693934803809.png

1693934928491.png

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
1694102509161.png

Went throuhg the other stuff today and put the display on the bike, The speed sensor doesn't really seem to fit the E10 frame.

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi. Interested to know how your M560 performs. I just received a new E10 with the M560 500w motor. First test was extremely disappointing. The motor noise is incredibly loud. I would say twice as noisy as my M600. It also makes very strange 'grinding' noise at the point of motor engagement and disengagement when your cadence and torque input is low but enough to trigger the motor. I have gone back to the supplier and let them know that I can't accept this and will need to return it. It is that bad.
I have spare M600 which I can swap in. I may have just got a bad one so it will be interesting to hear what you think of yours. I would caution buyers to wait for more reviews.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Hi. Interested to know how your M560 performs. I just received a new E10 with the M560 500w motor. First test was extremely disappointing. The motor noise is incredibly loud. I would say twice as noisy as my M600. It also makes very strange 'grinding' noise at the point of motor engagement and disengagement when your cadence and torque input is low but enough to trigger the motor. I have gone back to the supplier and let them know that I can't accept this and will need to return it. It is that bad.
I have spare M600 which I can swap in. I may have just got a bad one so it will be interesting to hear what you think of yours. I would caution buyers to wait for more reviews.
Haven't powered up the motor yet until I've read this message, Gave it a try can't really do a proper test because no speed sensor connected and it only spins for a bit before error,

It does seem a bit noisy but not to the point of it being a deal breaker for me. Makes me audible in traffic too.

Here's a video if this helps you:)

I should really update this thread at some point, did get some new parts and tools in. still waiting on some others
Started working on figuring out a battery build some days ago, Have some ideas on how to wire it all together. The BMS i have may be too big, i hope some changes can be made to make it fit. If not i'll have to find something else.

Last edited:

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Haven't really been able to find much info on the original battery pack configuration, Been puzzling around a little and came up with this. (images below)

Connecting the groups together with 3 bent nickel strips, Been doing some bending tests, as long as the nickel is pre-bent around something it seems to be okay, There's enough of a gap to do that between the groups.

Looking into insulation materials, Found 2 options so far (links below) I'm not sure how difficult it is to cut /modify each of these to fit between the groups, Preferably would like it to be somewhat resistant against cuts/punctures too just in case.

Will still need to figure out a solution to a BMS, I hope the somehow be able to fit the one if have, if not I'll need to look for something that does fit, Also want to figure out where all the wires run before starting anything. Negative on the first group could be a bit tricky because I'd have to get it from the side where the groups connect. Might be able to just bend some nickel in the empty spot for that. (preferably with some round insert to avoid anything touching the cells around it.

1695905921196.png

Pack_TOPVIEW.png

Pack_TOPVIEWwire.png

As for parts, I've finally gotten PNW grips that have been out of stock for ages. Got some lights. The rear light will replace the hope seat clamp (probably gonna use it for a different bike)

1695909030456.png

Having some issues finding the right wires for the motor, All i can find are these, i have a shift sensor installed that has a round connector. May end up needing to modify either or hopefully find one with the round julet connector.

1695909262239.png

Last edited:

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Haven't really been able to find much info on the original battery pack configuration, Been puzzling around a little and came up with this. (images below)

Connecting the groups together with 3 bent nickel strips, Been doing some bending tests, as long as the nickel is pre-bent around something it seems to be okay, There's enough of a gap to do that between the groups.

Looking into insulation materials, Found 2 options so far (links below) I'm not sure how difficult it is to cut /modify each of these to fit between the groups, Preferably would like it to be somewhat resistant against cuts/punctures too just in case.

Will still need to figure out a solution to a BMS, I hope the somehow be able to fit the one if have, if not I'll need to look for something that does fit, Also want to figure out where all the wires run before starting anything. Negative on the first group could be a bit tricky because I'd have to get it from the side where the groups connect. Might be able to just bend some nickel in the empty spot for that. (preferably with some round insert to avoid anything touching the cells around it.

View attachment 125691
View attachment 125692
View attachment 125693

As for parts, I've finally gotten PNW grips that have been out of stock for ages. Got some lights. The rear light will replace the hope seat clamp (probably gonna use it for a different bike)

View attachment 125694

Having some issues finding the right wires for the motor, All i can find are these, i have a shift sensor installed that has a round connector. May end up needing to modify either or hopefully find one with the round julet connector.

View attachment 125695
I stumbled accross the same issue with the shift sensor, despite I ordered together with the motor from the same supplier. The cable is too short as well, if you place the sensor at the shifter. In case you decide to modify it, I found a supplier on aliexpress with all this type of trapesoid shaped terminals, from 2 to 6 pins, male and female, but I cannot find the ads now. Give it a search
BTW: I haven't done the mod myself, just thinking of going through the whole hassle deters me (I already built my bike). But if you do it, please share how it went

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
I stumbled accross the same issue with the shift sensor, despite I ordered together with the motor from the same supplier. The cable is too short as well, if you place the sensor at the shifter. In case you decide to modify it, I found a supplier on aliexpress with all this type of trapesoid shaped terminals, from 2 to 6 pins, male and female, but I cannot find the ads now. Give it a search
BTW: I haven't done the mod myself, just thinking of going through the whole hassle deters me (I already built my bike). But if you do it, please share how it went
Shouldn't be an issue to find a seller!

I may just order a new sensor, cable length wise is probably be fine, the sensor is in the space behind the battery where the shock attaches

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Shouldn't be an issue to find a seller!

I may just order a new sensor, cable length wise is probably be fine, the sensor is in the space behind the battery where the shock attaches
Mine is probably around 20 cm long at most. If you place the sensor at the shifter, or even if you put it at the rear deraileur (for this position there's no internal routing either), I don´t see how on earth it could reach the controller. I guess that you think it can be connected to the extension cable that connects the HMI to the controller. But that cable does not include a connector for a gear/brake sensor, just the one for the HMI and the lights. It would need to have 2 connectors at the motor end. Even if it did, I don´t think the cable would be long enough to get there. Maybe I am missing something, perhaps you have a different extension cable than mine.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
uting either), I don´t see how on earth it could reach the controller. I guess that you think it can be connected to the extension cable that connects the HMI to the controller. But that cable does not include a connector for a

Mine is probably around 20 cm long at most. If you place the sensor at the shifter, or even if you put it at the rear deraileur (for this position there's no internal routing either), I don´t see how on earth it could reach the controller. I guess that you think it can be connected to the extension cable that connects the HMI to the controller. But that cable does not include a connector for a gear/brake sensor, just the one for the HMI and the lights. It would need to have 2 connectors at the motor end. Even if it did, I don´t think the cable would be long enough to get there. Maybe I am missing something, perhaps you have a different extension cable than mine.

I have it in the space here. I have no idea about lengths, yet i don't have the cable for it.

May just make an adapter cable instead anyway,
1696065327301.png

I think this is for an M600 but the wiring is preobably the same, Put translated text on it to make it more clear if this is any help:)

Haven't seen any CAN pinouts yet sadly

1696065456177.png

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Haven't really been updating this thread, running into constant delays and issues but made some progress.

I've had to order a new shift sensor because the one i had was color coded differently and i burned it trying to figure out what was what.

The screws supplied with the motor for the bottom cover didn't fit the frame (it came with non countersunk) Ordered some from ali (local hardware store dind't have them in black)

1709895134887.png

Think I've been stuck trying to find a lock ring tool for around 2 months now, I've asked around but haven't had much luck
in finding anything and bafang doesn't seem to respond to emails. I may try alibaba's RFQ sooner or order the other type of lock ring to see if it fits the motor

1709895279314.png

1709895933412.png
1709895312995.png

1709895967725.png

Some progress picture
1709896153919.png
1709896127098.png

1709894912057.png

1709896471679.jpeg
1709896501993.jpeg

Stickers (still looking for reflective white and red vinyl to use for other stickers)

1709896572990.png

1709896595508.png
1709896613977.png

1709896642137.jpeg

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Damn you have extreme ability to be patient and wait 😅 I'm planning on buying maybe the E82 large frame and m560. The E82 is currently only available as medium and m560 still no news on the 750w version.

I did consider lightcarbon LCE971 but I'm not sure if I would prefer 170mm front travel instead. Plus the E82 fits bigger battery which is bonus as well.

I have most of the parts already scouted that I want for the bike. Basically just missing fork+shock and other small things some of which depend on the frame I end up choosing. I want to be able to do most of the fork+shock maintanance myself so I'm leaning towards Rockshox instead of Fox.

I was stuck with wheels for a while as well as you seemed to be. Luckily from two other build threads here I found these. The cost to value quality is insanely high. Going with the 35mm option.

I don't have the knowledge to make my own battery but will see what happens before I end up ordering anything. 😅 There are no known release dates for E82 or m560 :/

I'll definitely look for that rear light thing you have here. It's so nice to have it on automatically as the front light. I always forget to turn the rear one on in my helmet.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Damn you have extreme ability to be patient and wait 😅 I'm planning on buying maybe the E82 large frame and m560. The E82 is currently only available as medium and m560 still no news on the 750w version.
Quite patient but dind't expect it to take this long! hoping to find a tool soon!
I don't have the knowledge to make my own battery but will see what happens before I end up ordering anything. 😅 There are no known release dates for E82 or m560 :/
Honestly, If you plan to use the original case and don't already own the tools i wouldn't recommend it, It's gonna end up costing more and there's a lack of information around as to what BMS is inside and cell configurations are used
If i had to do it again i'd probably buy a complete pack instead of DIY
I'll definitely look for that rear light thing you have here. It's so nice to have it on automatically as the front light. I always forget to turn the rear one on in my helmet.
It's a nice light, Just a bit price for what you get imo!, I ended up ordering the cable guide kit for it as well later on.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Ok, I had to re-write the whole post after I noticed my mistake with the tool 😅

Would this be the right tool? https://www.bike24.com/p2313913.html

And oh I see the problem is the correct diameter of the tool right? Many that I found are for 47-48mm which too wide.
Sadly thats not it either

Here's some of what I've done so far
- Looked around aliexpress
- Contacted multiple sellers of similar tools and bafang products on aliexpress
- Contacted tool sellers like parktool (Their tools dind't fit)
- Contacted dengfu (No luck there)
- Contacted greenbikekit (they couldn't seem to find it)
- Emailed bafang (they don't reply)
- Looked around with various search engines

There's supposed to be an official bafang tool but there's not much info about it out there
1709979142418.png

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Damn.. Super weird that so many of these motors are sold but finding this tool is so hard..

Also weird that I haven't seen this be a problem with earlier diy builds. I wonder what they used or solve this problem.

I might be able to ask my co-worker to make this tool for me 🤔

Edit: @sandnap @Denver @clix how did you guys solve this lockring problem?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles