Dengfu E10 - Build-up

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
Very nice and top spec! Sure it rides like a trail iron! But 24 kg with coil shock, ZEB and DH tires? Did You use a custom battery? Mine with M500, Mezzer Fork (together appr. 0.8 kg lighter) and coil shock is about 25 kg with Dengfu 840 Wh battery…

I hv carbon wheels, ti spring for the shock, selle italia slr seat, 32t chainring, superlight carbon pedals..which helps to reduce the weight.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Very nice and top spec! Sure it rides like a trail iron! But 24 kg with coil shock, ZEB and DH tires? Did You use a custom battery? Mine with M500, Mezzer Fork (together appr. 0.8 kg lighter) and coil shock is about 25 kg with Dengfu 840 Wh battery…
I confirm you can get to sub 24kg with the M600 and 840Wh battery. Even with a coil shock my bike is just over 23Kg including a big 750lbs/in coil, like you I have the Mezzer fork. Here are some key areas where I looked to save weight:

I saved quite a bit of weight with Carbonal wheelset, carbon rims save a bit compared to Alu, and Sapim CX Ray spokes are really strong & light (but expensive), wheelset only 1630g with DT Swiss 350 hubs.

SRAM XD 'machined from solid' rear cassette save quite a bit compared to Shimano equivalents, but again more expensive.

Magura MT7 brakes, their carbotecture levers are nice & light, paired with shimano Ice tech rotors which are mostly aluminium, saves a bit more weight

And of course I use dirty cheap Chinese carbon bars:ROFLMAO::LOL:

But if I was doing the build again, I wouldn't waste time with all the lightweight stuff, M600 is so powerful I doubt you would tell much difference between components.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
…and may be my scales are just a piece of shit, honestly! I used a body weight scale and a luggage scale - hopefully both are a little on the pessimistic side ?

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I confirm you can get to sub 24kg with the M600 and 840Wh battery. Even with a coil shock my bike is just over 23Kg including a big 750lbs/in coil, like you I have the Mezzer fork. Here are some key areas where I looked to save weight:

I saved quite a bit of weight with Carbonal wheelset, carbon rims save a bit compared to Alu, and Sapim CX Ray spokes are really strong & light (but expensive), wheelset only 1630g with DT Swiss 350 hubs.

SRAM XD 'machined from solid' rear cassette save quite a bit compared to Shimano equivalents, but again more expensive.

Magura MT7 brakes, their carbotecture levers are nice & light, paired with shimano Ice tech rotors which are mostly aluminium, saves a bit more weight

And of course I use dirty cheap Chinese carbon bars:ROFLMAO::LOL:

But if I was doing the build again, I wouldn't waste time with all the lightweight stuff, M600 is so powerful I doubt you would tell much difference between components.

I agree, the torque is insane and if the torque delivery is slightly more subtle, this motor is a real winner. I am only using PAS 1/9 for all terrain profile whilst shifting gears to suit the cadence. My only gripe is i have do micro ratcheting to avoid the surge of torque when negotiating gnarly technical climbs which really disrupt my flow.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
I agree, the torque is insane and if the torque delivery is slightly more subtle, this motor is a real winner. I am only using PAS 1/9 for all terrain profile whilst shifting gears to suit the cadence. My only gripe is i have do micro ratcheting to avoid the surge of torque when negotiating gnarly technical climbs which really disrupt my flow.
Yeah the torque delivery is kind of on or off!

Wilfried

Oct 22, 2021
Österreich
Hallo bitte um hilfe,
komme aus Österreich habe jetzt die Software 14.6 auf der M600
mit bess tool aufgespielt funktioniert super nur jetzt geht die anzeige des akkus nicht mehr immer auf 100% was kann ich dagegen tun, dass die anzeige des akkus wieder korrekt ist.

Danke für Ihre Hilfe
Wilfried

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Hi just noticed this on the seat post any ideas as to how it happened I have a 216 63 rc3 shock
20211230_112429.jpg

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
We said multiple times, that shock 216/63 is to big for this frame. Now you see why. Your rear probably "touched" seatpost.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
What size is it supposed to be and it's always for fear of the front hitting not the rear
210x55

I guess if you let all the air out so you can totally bottom out the shock to check interference, that would rule out any impacts, correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm not sure if under extreme pressure (e.g. landing badly etc.) it can compress the shock even further though.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
210 - 55 = 155 compressed length. I‘m running a Cane Creek DB Coil 216 x 63 with one 2 mm offset bushing: 216 - 2 = 214. 214 - 63 = 151 compressed length. I measured it, and tried it out, running the bike for 8 month and 2.000 km, serious drops and rough descending with many times bottom out. No issues. This looks like You picked up something in a very unhappy second, in between the rear bridge and the seattube. Possible?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
We said multiple times, that shock 216/63 is to big for this frame. Now you see why. Your rear probably "touched" seatpost.

It is a apreciation or based on real testing ? Personally i use 216x63 on XL frame with standard bushing since more 1 year whitout problem. As i have explained i have doing that after measuring and i have share the values for everybody can perform her choice with facts not on recomendations performed by somebody who havn't any knowledge

But i don't ride in bike park , i don't make jumps of several meters (too old), my spring is adapted for my (heavy) wehigt to minimise tailgating (it occur rarely). I don't ride also on sticky mud who can accumulat on link and wedging a stone between the link and the seat tube (i had never have mud accumulate between the arms links alike the pic ). I have also apply protection film on seat tube (whitout effiency for this problem).

This is the defect of carbon frame, under impact it's crack, with alloy it have only a distorsion. I'm not sure that the same problem can't occur with 210x55 in same condition ?

In add i precise that 216x63 is necessary for me for my use and have any BB height as i want.

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Let me correct my wording, as maybe its not fully OK:

1) we dont know if really linkage/wheel hit seat post. Based on photo this is not confirmed, and maybe it was just rock/wood/debree hitting seatpost because of small clearance. Also we dont know what is rear wheel size and conditions of "hit". Big jump, or rock garden ride?

2) each bike manufacturer define leverage ratio applied (LAA) based on bike geometry, stroke and travel. If you change one parameter (wheel size), stroke (from default 55 to 63) it can have implications on travel size and how geometry behave during travel. Based on plain numbers, 216 with 63 stroke does not mean anything bad, if there is linear progresivity of shock based f.e. on different setup or just using spring instead of air. But, when running dirty jumps over 2 meters, this must be not just calculated, but also correcty set/tested based on common knowledge/experience with of shock behaviour and frame geometry. And one must expect, when I use longer stroke i must expect longer travel, so adjustments of shock and tuning must be done correctly, as margin for error (clearance) is probably less then using 210/55 shock.

I did one test with mine 210/50->55 and 216/63 on Mframe. both debonair, on 216x63 with maximum travel linkage was 1-2mm from frame, meaning that if i fly to hard drop or catch a wood, there is near zero clearance. I am confident, with some buttons on shock or increased linearity this can be handled, but i didnt go this way. In case yes, then shock with coil is from my POV preferred way. But i dont assume this as "test", more like as "observation".

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Let me correct my wording, as maybe its not fully OK:

1) we dont know if really linkage/wheel hit seat post. Based on photo this is not confirmed, and maybe it was just rock/wood/debree hitting seatpost because of small clearance. Also we dont know what is rear wheel size and conditions of "hit". Big jump, or rock garden ride?

2) each bike manufacturer define leverage ratio applied (LAA) based on bike geometry, stroke and travel. If you change one parameter (wheel size), stroke (from default 55 to 63) it can have implications on travel size and how geometry behave during travel. Based on plain numbers, 216 with 63 stroke does not mean anything bad, if there is linear progresivity of shock based f.e. on different setup or just using spring instead of air. But, when running dirty jumps over 2 meters, this must be not just calculated, but also correcty set/tested based on common knowledge/experience with of shock behaviour and frame geometry. And one must expect, when I use longer stroke i must expect longer travel, so adjustments of shock and tuning must be done correctly, as margin for error (clearance) is probably less then using 210/55 shock.

I did one test with mine 210/50->55 and 216/63 on Mframe. both debonair, on 216x63 with maximum travel linkage was 1-2mm from frame, meaning that if i fly to hard drop or catch a wood, there is near zero clearance. I am confident, with some buttons on shock or increased linearity this can be handled, but i didnt go this way. In case yes, then shock with coil is from my POV preferred way. But i dont assume this as "test", more like as "observation".
Ok, You don't saied it is wrong to use 216x63, but you estimate that space available fully compressed is not safety. It is more than 1mm, i do'nt remember exactely but i have noted that with 215x60 it is 5mm.

I'm agree that 5mm fully compressed is less safety than 10. but my opinion is for this case precisely (accumulation of clay), i don't think that having 210x50 could have avoided the problem. I have allready had the rear whell blocked by clay and i have removed all with parts of wood before to continue and take risk of that an compression stuck an stone between the link and the seat tube. I don't take the same prevency with alloy frame. To be honest i didn't want carbon frame where i ride (pyrenees), but the dengfu at this time was the alone in my size. I don't regret, it is a super frame and by lucky for the moment i havn't broken the frame (i have allready broken a alloy frame), but i know that carbon resist less at impacts

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Ok it's my own fault just noticed put my offset bush in the wrong way it's still hard where it's peeled so going to to send it down and put a couple of layers of carbon on there are hopefully we'll be all good
I've seen much worse carbon issues fixed in the past (only on youtube though!), not done it myself though! Looks a fairly easy spot to repair though.

Here's the video I watched (they hacksawed the chainstay to test how easy it was :eek::

Pav09990

May 16, 2021
Poland
You can down Hill with the brake lever in this position ? what is the function of the white points on the frame ? ( to make the curious talk :sneaky: ?)
This photo has been taken with some portrait Option on the phone .Brake lever is normal position .Litle reflective dots on frame are reference points for 3D scanning

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia
i marked related spots with red circles. i am parktool guy, so green lube from PT used. But any apropriate will do. In past i used from ATE Germany. Picture i used is bogdans machine :), hope its not a problem.

View attachment 61556
So you removed all bearings from frame and greased frame housing and pressed bearings back in? I’ve noticed mine makes a lot of creaking noises. Do you need to grease motor bolts where they tighten to the carbon As well?

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia
I did some foil wrapping the last days, to give the frame a bit of protection. Plan was to use the 3D camo only on some areas. Ending up with a fully wrapped frame (after almost complete disassembly), some mental breakdowns, 1sqm of expensive foil wasted and replaced, and one destroyed heat gun. I‘ll NEVER do that again. Is ist worth the effort? Time will tell...

View attachment 62334

View attachment 62335

View attachment 62336

View attachment 62337
This looks great. I guess the project you started and regretted 👍🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles