E10 with M560 (Slow build)

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
A while ago i asked for advice on an XL frame but sadly there weren't many options available and ended up going for an XL E10
I've since received the frame (no motor yet) and some of the parts.

It's hard to see on pictures, the paint has some faint glitter in it.
1685256308285.png

There was one small nick on the paint but i don't think you'll see that again once the brakes are on.
1685256368414.png

DVO topaz gen 3 shock
1685256422548.png

The fork
1685257073810.png

1685354566739.png

Currently collecting parts based on this list which still changes here and there, The list also doesn't include any extras, tools or consumables that i still lack. I'm also considering getting a different headset but I'm not a 100% sure what fits, will probably also get a different rear thru axle since the stock one can easily be removed.

prices are in euro
1685258035529.png

Green : i have
Blue : Ordered but not received yet
White : Not final/haven't ordered yet

Had ordered the wheels but returned them (still waiting on refund) and going for something else, the description stated the rims were 30mm but i received 25mm and after looking at DT Swiss their own website it doesn't seem they even come in that version.

I was considering this headset and run the electric wires along the handlebar down into the headset if anyone can confirm these fit.
or

Found a used vinyl cutter (roland GX-24) to try and make stickers for the frame.
1685258748012.png

I think the whole build will take a while, I'll keep ordering some parts over the months and figure out what else is needed. The battery still has to be made, have to figure out the stickers and I'd also like to add in one of the aliexpress GPS trackers with possible motor cuttoff (thinking about adding something in between the brake sensor cable)

The first things i'd probably do are greasing the link and ordering everything to get the shock and the fork in.

Last edited:

Tilt

Dec 12, 2022
France
A while ago i asked for advice on an XL frame but sadly there weren't many options available and ended up going for an XL E10
I've since received the frame (no motor yet) and some of the part.

View attachment 115965

There was one small nick on the paint but i don't think you'll see that again once the brakes are on.
View attachment 115966

DVO topaz gen 3 shock
View attachment 115967

The fork
View attachment 115970
The price of the dengfu order
View attachment 115964

Currently collecting parts based on this list which still changes here and there, The list also doesn't include any extras, tools or consumables that i still lack. I'm also considering getting a different headset but I'm not a 100% sure what fits, will probably also get a different rear thru axle since the stock one can easily be removed.

View attachment 115980

Had ordered the wheels but returned them (still waiting on refund) and going for something else, the description stated the rims were 30mm but i received 25mm and after looking at DT Swiss their own website it doesn't seem they even come in that version.

I was considering this headset and run the electric wires along the handlebar down into the headset if anyone can confirm these fit.
or

Found a used vinyl cutter (roland GX-24) to try and make stickers for the frame.
View attachment 115982

Je pense que toute la construction prendra un certain temps, je continuerai à commander des pièces au fil des mois et je déterminerai ce qui est nécessaire. La batterie doit encore être fabriquée, il faut comprendre les autocollants et j'aimerais également ajouter l'un des trackers GPS aliexpress avec une éventuelle coupure du moteur (en pensant à ajouter quelque chose entre le câble du capteur de frein)

Les premières choses que je ferais probablement seraient de régler le lien et de tout commander pour faire entrer l'amortisseur et la fourche.
on vous a donné une date pour le m560

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
on vous a donné une date pour le m560

I haven't gotten one, mia from dengfu has contacted bafang about getting some but i haven't gotten an exact date on when I'll have it, I've sent a mail yesterday asking about it but haven't received a reply yet.

Heres some of the previous mails about it

April 24
1685265869394.png

April 25
1685266167431.png

May 11
1685265989233.png
1685265978959.png

Last edited:

Tilt

Dec 12, 2022
France
Je n'en ai pas reçu, mia de dengfu a contacté bafang pour en obtenir mais je n'ai pas de date exacte à laquelle je l'aurai, j'ai envoyé un mail hier pour demander à ce sujet mais je n'ai pas reçu de réponse encore.

Voici quelques-uns des mails précédents à ce sujet

24 avril
View attachment 115989

25 avril
View attachment 115992

11 mai
View attachment 115991 View attachment 115990
a moi on me dit pas avant 2024a moi on me dit pas avant 2024 pour m560

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
The 560 looks like a beast of a motor. hopefully your build isn't too slow. I'm interested in hearing a review of it.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
The 560 looks like a beast of a motor. hopefully your build isn't too slow. I'm interested in hearing a review of it.
will have to space out the parts over the next few month for it to be doable money wise,

i hope mia from denfu has news about the shipping date of the m560 soon

just ordered the shock mounting hardware

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Received some parts and grease, I've since taken the link apart and greased it
Also installed the stock headset because it was quite difficult to find anything that fits
Many manufacturers aside from nukeproof and a few others don't list insert depths

Installing the headset was a bit of a pain in the ass and ordered a tool for it

1685953092265.png

1685953248182.png

Heres the insert depths from mia if that's helpful for anyone else (if it wasn't posted before)

1685953299376.png

Suposedly bafang is testing the M560's this month, hoping to hear more soon!

I'm still waiting on the shock hardware from offsetbushings it's been sent last week but packages from england take longer since brexit and out own post company is having week+ delays right now it seems.... the wheels i sent back to Bike24 haven't even left the country yet.... those were sent over a week ago.

Last edited:

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Received the tool and hardware from offsetbushings today, bike24 finally received the returned wheels and stated it can take up to 10 days to process the refund. It's gonna be somewhere at the end of the month before I'm able to order more parts again, Thinking i'll go for the wheels, Tires and a stem + whatever else the budget allows.

Not really sure if i should go with 30 or 35mm rims, 30 should be fine for 2.6 tires i guess.

Haven't heard anything about the motor again so far.

1686749574157.png

1686749687589.png

Not all the torque values were listed on the bolts themself but received this from mia at some point, Maybe it's useful to someone else.
1686749990671.png

Last edited:

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
FYI I went for 30mm rims for 2.4 tires. I think it is large enought. (Have a look to the Specialized Levo features)

Thank you for sharing the diagram with torques 👍

Last edited:

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
FYI I went for 30mm rims for 2.4 tires. I think it is large enought. (Have a look to the Specialized Levo features)

I've since received the frame (no motor yet) and some of the parts.

View attachment 115965

View attachment 115966

DVO topaz gen 3 shock
View attachment 115967

The fork
View attachment 115970

View attachment 116068

prices are in euro
View attachment 115980

or

View attachment 115982

I think the whole build will take a while, I'll keep ordering some parts over the months and figure out what else is needed. The battery still has to be made, have to figure out the stickers and I'd also like to add in one of the aliexpress GPS trackers with possible motor cuttoff (thinking about adding something in between the brake sensor cable)

The first things i'd probably do are greasing the link and ordering everything to get the shock and the fork in.
Hi Philippe,

is your own battery or you buy one to dengfu?
regards
Sebastien

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard

Wheels seem to be an issue, many of them out of stock including those :( Hopefully by the time i get the bike24 refund something is available, Looking at H 1900 29 CL 30mm right now.

Not much has changed in the list so far found it a bit pointless to start looking for parts right now, once i can order i will wich should be in the next 2 weeks or so (i hope)
1687010574837.png

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Wheels seem to be an issue, many of them out of stock including those :( Hopefully by the time i get the bike24 refund something is available, Looking at H 1900 29 CL 30mm right now.

Not much has changed in the list so far found it a bit pointless to start looking for parts right now, once i can order i will wich should be in the next 2 weeks or so (i hope)
View attachment 118017
Mountain bicycle wheels | LORDGUN Bicycles they seem to have some in stock

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Ended up ordering H 1900 from bike24, they had it in stock it seemed! and ordered some other parts too

Havent completly decided on what magura brakes to get but i'll figure it out at some point, Either the MT5e or something else with the magura brake sensors.

Does anyone have any idea of how deep the dropper post can go on an XL frame? considering going for a PNW loam 200mm.
1687352574370.png

emtbwip

Jun 22, 2023
Switzerland
I'm just starting out planning a similar E10 build so thanks for the post and parts list, will help me as I'm very new to it all. Any word on lead time for the M560?

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
I'm just starting out planning a similar E10 build so thanks for the post and parts list, will help me as I'm very new to it all. Any word on lead time for the M560?
I've sent a mail asking about seatpost depths yesterday and also asked if there's any info about the motor but haven't had a reply back.

Ended up ordering some more parts, It's mainly the brakes i still have to decide on and what dropper post, If the loam 200mm fits i'll go for that if i can find any sellers, Pretty sure about wanting the lever to go with it too, both of these are quite difficult to find in stock though and ordering straight from PNW doesn't really seem like an option with all the extra taxes and shipping

Ended up adding the nukeproof thru axle to an order to swap out the quick release stock one reccomended by neeko davinci

Also been struggling to figure out what spider fits, the aliexpress ones seem to differ with the offset

Once all of this is sorted i'll start looking at the electronics and other stuff like lights, fenders and so on

1687507896151.png

1687508440076.png

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Received some more parts and a saw today, hopefully the rest will arive on monday if the the post doesn't get delayed again/no ones home to accept packages!

Should be able to make some progress building the bike once the other stuff arrives.

1687621917815.png

emtbwip

Jun 22, 2023
Switzerland
Looks like Frey bikes have removed all reference to the Dopamine using the M560 750w version. Now both the top end Dopamine models list as using the m560 500w. It feels like it was as recent as just last week, or at most late the week before that the pre-order still had the 750w listed. Not looking good for a 750w release in the near term.

Last edited:

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Looks like Frey bikes have removed all reference to the Dopamine using the M560 750w version. Now both the top end Dopamine models list as using the m560 500w. It feels like it was as recent as just last week, or at most late the week before that the pre-order still had the 750w listed. Not looking good for a 750w release in the near term.
Weird, i thought i replied to to this but it seems like i must have not hit reply

I've still got patience, wont need the motor in the next 2 months i think in case it really does end up taking a long time i may ask dengfu to switch it to a 500w if possible

Finally got the bike on wheels, Still need to take them out again to properly tighten the lock rings on the magura discs and put on brakes, Turned out the lockrings dont use the casette tool unlike the other discs i have, had to order a new tool for it.

The bike also seems much bigger then i thought, I'm not so sure about using a 200mm dropper anymore, Would be easier to check once the pedals are on but yea.... no motor yet!

Still can't attach the shift lever yet either since it's an ispec-EV one and i don't have the brake levers to attach it to.

For now i put on bontrager grips i still had so i can lean it against stuff with it damaging the walls and so on with the metal edges on the bar, I'll change those to the PWN loam XL ones once i have those.

1687965737810.png

The nukeproof axle seems to fit nicely too, I tried both of them and didn't really notice a length difference once installed
Seems much safer against theft over the stock one

1687965833353.png

List hasn't changed much since, Still looking for a place to get the loam gen 2 lever in Ispec-EV. Ordering straight from pnw becomes quite expensive with shipping and taxes ending up at nearly double the price. Mia confirmed with an engineer that a 290mm insert depth dropper should fit on the XL E10.

Think in the next 2 months I'll have the dropper and brakes too just still struggling to decide what magura brakes to get.
May end up planning out a battery in that time.

1687966704025.png

The tool list is getting slightly longer too, Not sure what else I'll end up needing that i don't already have
The star nut driver ended up working quite well, considered ordering one from ali before but didn't want to wait.

I was between using a saw or a pipe cutter for the steerer tube but read some negativity towards a pipe cutter because they aren't designed for something as thick as a steerer tube? so ended up going for the saw with a guide.

1687967315409.png

emtbwip

Jun 22, 2023
Switzerland
the 32T crank comes with M560 offered by Bafang is not a good job at all, which leads to a bad anti-rise while acceleration by thumb throttle. I didn't test it that far to compare it to the rest.

View attachment 119487
Thanks. I was offered 34t but I believe there are other options available. I don’t think I will be running a throttle, did you find the same issues when just using pedal assist? Do you have any thoughts on what might be best configuration for this motor?

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
forget about 750w version. We were told 1 month ago that the 750w version will be released only next year. What we could get is also 500w only.

That doesn't sound too good:( Should ask about a 500 version if that's the case.

Got some more parts in, Aside from the dropper and electronics I've got most stuff now.

1688575900218.png

1688575875462.png

The magura pressure switches seem to have some resin stuff, I'll probably cut the wire under the sleeve and solder a 3pin julet onto it (on order from ali)

1688575947837.png

This is what the list currently looks like, Hoping to order a dropper somewhere around the end of the month not 100% sure yet on what dropper to get but pretty sure on the lever.
1688576079007.png

Been struggling finding information on battery internals and made a new thread here -> Dengfu battery internals

I've contacted some case/battery sellers if they also sold a separate bms for the pack that fits the case but haven't had a response yet.

Did come across this, it seems pretty small but not sure if it's small enough to fit.

1688576254948.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles