Another Dengfu E10+M500 build

petteriha

Aug 16, 2021
Finland
I got inspired from Rob's video of Cheeb and had to build a Dengfu for myself. I choose quality shock, fork, dropper and breaks, but took a bit more budget approach on drivetrain. The build took 2 nights and the bike handles like a dream!!
IMG_6627 copy.jpg
IMG_6639.jpeg

I have Specialized Turbo Kenevo (180/180, 27,5/27,5) and to be honest, this Mullet Dengfu is very good. On trail, in my opinion, it is much better than Kenevo. In light bikepark use there is not much difference either and I actually do like Denfu there too...

I managed to add some top speed with BESST tool by changing wheel size, but was a bit disappointed on myself as I could not alter the top speed directly. Now I need to multiply speed and distance by 2.. Top speed is needed on a local "flatland" bikepark where there are nice jumps, but they need about 30-45km/h to the landing hence the hacking. Any tips how to set the python script to gain super-power to change everything??

I am located in capital area of Finland and would be happy to share experience with local Dengfu builders.. as I know there must be few at least, so good the bike is :)

I create a video on the "build", but mostly on first test rides.

petteriha

Aug 16, 2021
Finland
Very nice report and video! Did You switch to the 13A firmware or do You use the stock 10A firmware?
Thank you!

I did update the original firmware to this right in the beginning: 720W peak - CRX10NC4813i142015.8-28-2230-20210805.bin
1633640565060.png

Still thinking, the torque response is nice, but the pedal assistance peaks on quite low torque, therefore feeling is that on steep uphill it doesn't assist as linearly as my Kenevo with Brose. Feeling is somewhat lack of assistance power and more output from the leg muscles. The motor should have roughly the same torque as Brose, therefore I am waiting for enthusiastically a new firmware/custom releases...

Yet I must say that I like the assistance very much on trails. It Is "shuttle" or "boost" mode that is lacking the power in my mind.

Any good tips on tuning? or a tip how to change the max speed limit setting, not the wheel size as I did?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thank you!

I did update the original firmware to this right in the beginning: 720W peak - CRX10NC4813i142015.8-28-2230-20210805.bin
View attachment 73323

Still thinking, the torque response is nice, but the pedal assistance peaks on quite low torque, therefore feeling is that on steep uphill it doesn't assist as linearly as my Kenevo with Brose. Feeling is somewhat lack of assistance power and more output from the leg muscles. The motor should have roughly the same torque as Brose, therefore I am waiting for enthusiastically a new firmware/custom releases...

Yet I must say that I like the assistance very much on trails. It Is "shuttle" or "boost" mode that is lacking the power in my mind.

Any good tips on tuning? or a tip how to change the max speed limit setting, not the wheel size as I did?
Thanks for the feedback! I outperformed my buddys with Fantic XEF 1.9 (Brose Mag S) and Commencal Meta Power SX (EP8) this weekend in very steep uphill. I think the M500 performs best with higher cadence, my gear setup is 32 T front and 11-46 10 spd. rear. Very natural feeling, strong support, and endless grip on the E10. Totally happy!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I prefer the 12A. difficult to explain. It seem providing his max power in a short range.

It is necessary to find the right ratio RPM legs (+- 80 i think) / rear pignon / legs torque and able to keep these parameters. if one of the parameters are not in his corerect range, you loose motor torque. Exemple if you use too large rear pignon or too high or low legs rpm, or too strong legs torque => it don't provide his max powerfull.

But when you are in the right range, it is uphill quickly in aerobie with lot off torque (+- 15 km/h in 15%) in mode 2 off 5 and it is fun and efficient.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I prefer the 12A. difficult to explain. It seem providing his max power in a short range.

It is necessary to find the right ratio RPM legs (+- 80 i think) / rear pignon / legs torque and able to keep these parameters. if one of the parameters are not in his corerect range, you loose motor torque. Exemple if you use too large rear pignon or too high or low legs rpm, or too strong legs torque => it don't provide his max powerfull.

But when you are in the right range, it is uphill quickly in aerobie with lot off torque (+- 15 km/h in 15%) in mode 2 off 5 and it is fun and efficient.
Can You please specify the exact firmware version 12A You are using?

petteriha

Aug 16, 2021
Finland
Today was a awesome winter day in Helsinki, Finland. The weather was so nice that I could not resist to make a video on the snow riding session with my son.

Dengfu with m500 performs well in winter too. I am happy about the frame, but had an issue with freewheel clutch of the motor in the late Fall. It took a while to receive replacement unit (paid shipping $125) . Will make/post video on one day.
https://youtu.be/Jne77MkjAKk

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Stunningly. Very beautiful nature. I'm trying to figure out who has what clearance. It seems to me that the Frames E09 and E10 are designed for wheels 27,5x2,8 or 29x2,3. On my E09, the clearance is 34.3 cm. I measured on the usual several bikes, the clearance is 34.5 cm. Which one do you have?

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-17 at 07.54.21.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles