Levo Gen 3 Does your gen 3 Turbo Levo rattle?

Does you gen 3 turbo levo rattle?

• Total voters

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
let's see how many have a rattle.
if you did have a rattle and it got fixed, please explain how it got fixed

killjoyken

Mar 10, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
When I first got my 2022 Expert it was rattle free, but it developed a rattle after I installed a full Ride Wrap. I unbolted the water bottle cage before I started and didn't reinstall the screws because I thought they were captured in the frame. Turns out they screw into a wire and cable harness that will drop down if you remove the battery.

It's a pain to screw it back unless you have tiny hands or really long fingers to reach into the battery opening. First ride after that and I had a rattle from the cables. After removing the battery and reinserting it the rattle stopped.

jasonxpetersen

Sep 8, 2021
Fresno, Ca
Just purchased a 2020 turbo Evo expert 3 weeks ago and I've already had it back to my local specialized dealer twice to see if they can fix the rattle that is coming from either talk to you or the rear shock. They first told me it was the proper seat post ridiculous and then said it was possible wiring that goes by the rear shot so they stuff some foam up to that too but still no change. Very frustrating because I can now tell when I come to the door with the bike, I get the feeling they think it's in my head . It is really made me just like this bike and that sucks!
I've also noticed two other issues - battery door broke off on my fourth ride and some crazy reason, my right ankle keeps cooking the crank and it's constantly bleeding and raw it's only on this bike???
I don't want to convolute this thread with those other issues but if anyone knows of them being discussed elsewhere and let me know?

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
2022 Levo Expert. Mine was dead quiet for the first month then a clank when ever I roll over a sharp edge. Small roots make it clank as well. When the rear wheel rolls over a small edge you hear it, rolling off a curb will do it also. My rear shock was aerated after only seven or eight rides so it was sent off and rebuilt. It was right around the same time as the shock issue, so makes me wonder if it’s the shock. I have checked everything from bolts to cables to brake pads to pedals to bearings and I keep thinking it’s the rear shock. I’ve even pulled the motor cover off check everything inside to make sure all bolts and screws are tight. Doesn’t make any noise when the front end hits or drops over anything, just the rear wheel. Checked all the wheel bearings and have serviced the hub a couple of times just to be sure. When I push down on the bike the shock does make a slight click sound but who knows. I would love to be able to put another shock on it just to rule it out. It’s either a cable somewhere or the rear shock I’ve ruled everything else out.

Yellowdog

Jul 4, 2022
Chile
SteveRS were you able to find the cause of the rattling? I have exactly the same problem as described above.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
SteveRS were you able to find the cause of the rattling? I have exactly the same problem as described above.
No unfortunately. I have resolved the click sound when pushing down on the bike though. It was the electrical cable from the controller. I took off the display and found that the controller cable was the culprit, so I pulled it tight and zip tied it to the other cables and that stopped it. The noise that happens when the rear wheel drops over something sharp is probably from a cable somewhere as well. My guess is it’s in the chains stays. One day I may strip everything down to try to resolve the issue. If you have any luck let me know.

Yellowdog

Jul 4, 2022
Chile
No unfortunately. I have resolved the click sound when pushing down on the bike though. It was the electrical cable from the controller. I took off the display and found that the controller cable was the culprit, so I pulled it tight and zip tied it to the other cables and that stopped it. The noise that happens when the rear wheel drops over something sharp is probably from a cable somewhere as well. My guess is it’s in the chains stays. One day I may strip everything down to try to resolve the issue. If you have any luck let me know.

Thanks for the response! I will let you know if i found the solution. The rattle I feel was on a turbo levo expert and after 2 months my local representative allowed me to pay a difference and get the levo pro. the rattling also happens on the levo pro! so I think you're right. It must be some cable that hits the frame inside.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hi, I fixed my rattle!!!

Used adhesive felt between the crankcase and the engine, I realized that the noise was coming from that point by removing the battery and knocking on the crankcase.
👊

Yellowdog

Jul 4, 2022
Chile
Hi, I fixed my rattle!!!

Used adhesive felt between the crankcase and the engine, I realized that the noise was coming from that point by removing the battery and knocking on the crankcase.
👊

could you send a photo? I'm glad you were able to fix your rattle

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
could you send a photo? I'm glad you were able to fix your rattle
I have no photos sorry, but it's quite easy, I split the two engine covers (c) and put the adhesive felt because they banged on the engine, there was some space in the front towards the battery now I no longer have the noise

carter.PNG

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
My rattle is gone 👍🏻🎉. I recently installed a cascade link on the bike. During the process when I took the original linkage off I noticed the plastic spacers that snap into the bearings, that one of them was sitting out a little bit. Wit’s the new link arms I ensured that the spacers were pushed all the way in and now there is no more rattle off the back when the bike drops over something sharp. It could have something to do with the old link bearings but they seemed fine.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If any of you removed the water bottle, the water bottle mounting bolts might not adequately secure the internal piece that they anchor into, and you'll get a rattle. Happened on my 2022 S-Works. Easy fix was two washers on each bolt.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles