Levo SL Gen 1 How Much Does Your S-Works Levo SL Really Weigh?

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
Some S-Works owners have claimed weights, with pedals, size L ,of 37lbs. (16.8kg) Size L. While that sounds like what you would expect for an eye-wateringly expensive ebike, My top of the line S-Works, size L, weighs in at 39.3lbs. (17.86kg) WITHOUT pedals or anything attached. While I realize that to provide product to consumers at all has required herculean effort on the part of manufacturers, and component changes may be necessary, The weights should, IMO, be fairly consistent. Closer certainly, than the weights listed above. Adding pedals to my ride would push it over the 40lb (18.18kg) level. All things being equal, (bikes weighed with Park Tool Bike Scales etc.,
This is not an indictment against Specialized, the S-Works SL, is a fine bike, but it is developing a real competitor in the Orbea Rise M-LTD, which apparently weighs 37lbs and has significantly more power than the S-Works, although lacking AXS electronic shifting, a 36mm fork and IMO burly brakes, it is several thousand monetary units cheaper, and slightly more desirable geometry.
And a last question, about the Brose 1.1 Motor, detuned to 35nm, is why? Firmware to make it fairly anemic to other ebikes doesn't really make marketing sense. Was it necessary then to keep the motor lightweight or power consumption low enough to tout excellent range?
I personally can go anywhere I want to with my ride, but the additional power would benefit many riders who would be willing and able to drop a sizeable amount of money on a bicycle.

Radu1974

Nov 22, 2020
Romania
Some S-Works owners have claimed weights, with pedals, size L ,of 37lbs. (16.8kg) Size L. While that sounds like what you would expect for an eye-wateringly expensive ebike, My top of the line S-Works, size L, weighs in at 39.3lbs. (17.86kg) WITHOUT pedals or anything attached. While I realize that to provide product to consumers at all has required herculean effort on the part of manufacturers, and component changes may be necessary, The weights should, IMO, be fairly consistent. Closer certainly, than the weights listed above. Adding pedals to my ride would push it over the 40lb (18.18kg) level. All things being equal, (bikes weighed with Park Tool Bike Scales etc.,
This is not an indictment against Specialized, the S-Works SL, is a fine bike, but it is developing a real competitor in the Orbea Rise M-LTD, which apparently weighs 37lbs and has significantly more power than the S-Works, although lacking AXS electronic shifting, a 36mm fork and IMO burly brakes, it is several thousand monetary units cheaper, and slightly more desirable geometry.
And a last question, about the Brose 1.1 Motor, detuned to 35nm, is why? Firmware to make it fairly anemic to other ebikes doesn't really make marketing sense. Was it necessary then to keep the motor lightweight or power consumption low enough to tout excellent range?
I personally can go anywhere I want to with my ride, but the additional power would benefit many riders who would be willing and able to drop a sizeable amount of money on a bicycle.
Your scale is broken or your SL isn't an SWorks. My custom SL size L with 160 Lyrik, 2.5/2.4 Minions, MT7 with 180 Storm HC rotors, cheap chinese rim with DT240, 180mm One Up dropper, DMR Vault pedals with cheap titanium axle, Newmen SL 40mm stem, , full XTR, Nukeproof Horizon carbon, SQLab 611, full RideWrap, 100ml tire sealant/ wheel, weight 16,95 kg. And this is not a bulshit. Rise frameset is 1kg heavier than Levo SL frameset, so stop claim an equal weight.
And this is a trail/enduro setup which you'll never be able to achieve with a Rise because Rise suspension is 100% trail oriented

IMG_20210209_141808.jpg

Last edited:

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
Your scale is broken or your SL isn't an SWorks. My custom SL size L with 160 Lyrik, 2.5/2.4 Minions, MT7 with 180 Storm HC rotors, cheap chinese rim with DT240, 180mm One Up dropper, DMR Vault pedals with cheap titanium axle, Newmen SL 40mm stem, , full XTR, Nukeproof Horizon carbon, SQLab 611, full RideWrap, 100ml tire sealant/ wheel, weight 16,95 kg. And this is not a bulshit. Rise frameset is 1kg heavier than Levo SL frameset, so stop claim an equal weight.
And this is a trail/enduro setup which you'll never be able to achieve with a Rise because Rise suspension is 100% trail oriented

View attachment 55893
No, none of those things are true. The bike is an S-Works Turbo Levo SL with with SRAM AXS shifting, Magura MT7 brakes carbon wheels, etc., ordered direct from Specialized and delivered to my LBS for pickup. I verified my Park Tool hanging bike scale with my LBS also, and the bike weighs exactly how it came from the factory. I know people get a little touchy about criticism of their Specialized rides, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm an owner myself, obviously, and I'll ignore the insult that I wouldn't know an authentic S-Works from one that is not. Also, I did not claim anything about the Orbea. I don't own one, have never seen one. My post is/was a sincere effort to find out what stock factory delivered S-Works SLs are weighing. All the same, thanks for your reply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles