Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

Swannking

Sep 18, 2022
California
That sounds like a lot on the carbon frame. Just want to confirm.

1D70EC98-9C0D-4892-9DD3-EFFDCFB8C774.jpeg

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
The bike shops that even would consider doing it are so few and far between that it is a bit of a moot point? That's what DIY is about.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
With each frame build, I will make a separate thread, specific to that frame (with the exception of the E10, as I'm sure the moderators would simply close any new E10 threads).
For Info :

You can make as many E10 threads as you wish.

The only thread which was locked was the one where you wished to write about every Bafang motor in the same thread. This would have been convoluted and difficult for people to find information, therefore it was proposed you wrote in the relevant existing threads which existed for each motor type.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
For Info :

You can make as many E10 threads as you wish.

The only thread which was locked was the one where you wished to write about every Bafang motor in the same thread. This would have been convoluted and difficult for people to find information, therefore it was proposed you wrote in the relevant existing threads which existed for each motor type.
Duly noted.
Although, I'll probably just add any useful info to one of the existing E10 threads 👍🏿

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
Managed to sort this issue. The metal pin that is used in place of the B screw has m4 threads. So I was able to unscrew it, and the drill and tap a second hole. That gave just enough clearance for the chain to pas between the rear hub cog, and the upper tensioner wheel.

View attachment 96938

This is Problem Solvers chain tensioner and it is designed to accommodate 18t cog maximum

1675794226127.png

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
This is Problem Solvers chain tensioner and it is designed to accommodate 18t cog maximum

View attachment 106207
I purchased the tensioner directly from Kindernay, as well as the 22t chain ring which fouls on it. (which is a KMC). At no point anywhere did they say that thier chain tensioner won't work with thier 22t large cog.

That chain tensioner is a total piece of shit. It has so much slop in it. If it was a derailer, it would be jumping gears all over the place.

And while we are discussing Kindernay. I am still working through the leaking hydraulics with them. This one will make you laugh.... They did admit to me that they have a known fault with thier hydraulic hose system. The compression nut does not have enough chamfer lead in, and causes the compression olive to jam up and get crooked. This causes leaks at the hose crimp.

So kindernay sent me new compression nuts under warranty. But they sent me the exact same nuts with the exaxt same defect. LOL.

They did also send me a brand new shift actuator. So im hoping that fixes the issue of the leaks coming from the bleed screws.

Although, because they only supply the bare minimum length of hose with thier kits. And I've now had to shorten the hoses a few times because of thier leaking hose system. I'm gonna need to replace them too.

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
This happens when your nephew takes the bike to a spin, but you still havent set up the rear derauiler.
There were a few gears where the setup was a mess, so i am looking for that EDS from wheeltop (i saw a video where you can set every gear individually via app). Anyone has any good source to buy it from? It is cca 505€ on aliexpress..

Thanks

20230124_155137.jpg

phunka

Jan 17, 2023
Canmore ab
I'm looking for a chainguard factory or another company, anybody have a quick link they could post to lead me to one.This is a standard mtb 40t chainring with the m620.The company greenbikekit was all out of stock for the chainguard.

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
This happens when your nephew takes the bike to a spin, but you still havent set up the rear derauiler.
There were a few gears where the setup was a mess, so i am looking for that EDS from wheeltop (i saw a video where you can set every gear individually via app). Anyone has any good source to buy it from? It is cca 505€ on aliexpress..

Thanks

View attachment 106703
Earlier in the thread Timal has a hookup to get one for $340 USD, send him a message and see if he can help you Dengfu E22 Frame Thread

Do you think that happened when shifting or the gear jumping or just when riding along? Maybe a good excuse to lose a few gears you might find you don't need them and the extra strength might help. I run a modified bbshd and a 8 speed, my 3rd gear is a 28t and in that gear it will have 255nm of torque. The all steel cassette lasted 2500 miles for me before the skipping started. Anymore photos of the bike in question, and make sure to post about the eds if you get one!

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
It happened when he hit the snow and the bike suddenly almost stopped, he hit the throttle and then you can imagine what sounds he was hearing. I already contacted Timal, but got no answer, will look into some videos on youtube if there is any other store mentioned to buy it from.
However I did found an article, that wheeltop probably removed it from his site, perhaps sram has something to do with this. I think I am gonna have to grab one via aliexpress if it is still available. One more photo of my build, i still have to arrange the cables in front.

20230107_144418.jpg

Last edited:

Barni

Dec 19, 2022
Germany
It happened when he hit the snow and the bike suddenly almost stopped, he hit the throttle and then you can imagine what sounds he was hearing. I already contacted Timal, but got no answer, will look into some videos on youtube if there is any other store mentioned to buy it from.
However I did found an article, that wheeltop probably removed it from his site, perhaps sram has something to do with this. I think I am gonna have to grab one via aliexpress if it is still available. One more photo of my build, i still have to arrange the cables in front.

View attachment 106728
Why do you not use a SRAM AXS? Its cheaper.

phunka

Jan 17, 2023
Canmore ab
Battery arrived today Neeko ,painting on this Monday.I will try and do a small video on our paint proccess Doing the crystal effect. Very stoked .Wife has chosen some loud candy colors.

20230217_175023.jpg

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Why do you not use a SRAM AXS? Its cheaper.
I am not sure if it is compatibile with microspline shimano rachet/chainring and/if manual adjustments are possible if there is any offset between shimano and sram gears..
I did placed an order for wheeltop eds, it was 410€ without vat on aliexpress, just hoping it gets through customs without any procedure.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
In other news. I think I have possible solved the leaking Kindernay Hyseq hydraulics.

I received a new shift actuator from kindernay under warranty. And some new fittings, as they have a known issue with leaks. They had to send them out twice, because they literally sent me the same parts with the known defect the first time. LOL.

Anyways. Because my original kindernay hose was so short from multiple attempts at fixing the leak. (And that it was too short to begin with from new to even fir an e22 large frame). I purchased a set of Hope hoses. I choose Hope because I know they are high quality. And I have never had any leaks from any of my Hope hydraulics brakes EVER. The Hope hoses had plenty of length and I even had spare length to cut back to get them to fit nicely.

I still had to use the Kindernay compression olive to match the shifter and actuator geometry. As it turns out, the hydraulic hoses kindernay use are actually Taiwanese brand called Aligator. Which I don't think is very good. Reading between the lines, they look like the ones that supplied the defective tube nuts to kindernay. And their stuff is not very high quality from what I can tell.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
That's interesting failure. My tensioner has many southlands miles under the rain and has no issues. Maybe it was out of alignment with the cog?

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
That's interesting failure. My tensioner has many southlands miles under the rain and has no issues. Maybe it was out of alignment with the cog?
No, it was all aligned with the cog. The pulley wheel that is closest to the main cog is still in good alignment. As it rotates over the axis of arm pivot. So is not subject to any twisting as the arm deflects. (Although with alot of side to side slop, as it has a sintered bronze bush instead of a ball bearing in its point of rotation.)

The derailer hanger is straight aswell. The main body of the tensioner sits straight on it too. It's just the tensioner arm the has the excessive deflection. There are no signs of bending in the pieces of aluminium that make up the arm aswell. I dissasembled them, and checked them against a straight edge just incase the arm was bent from an impact etc. But it appears ok.

Perhaps I had too much tension on the arm? I have somewhere between 45° and 90° of spring wind-up to give tension on the arm. With the way the chain slaps on the e22 chain stay, I wanted to keep the tension up. It's on the high side of the spectrum, but I dont consider it excessive.

I have never greased those pivots. Although, I wouldn't expect to have to, atleast not at such low use interval. I don't pressure wash the bike. But I do garden hose wash it occaisionaly. And from time to time have got water on the tensioner. Although looking at the general open design of the tensioner. Any lubrication present would quickly be expelled regardless. It is not sealed in any way. And is of a very basic construction.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
It's funny. I thought buying a Chinese frame/motor would potentially make for an unreliable bike. But the frame and motor have been the most reliable thing about it. It's everything else that is attached to it that seams to break down all the the time. Some of it supposedly "name" brand components aswell.

I've had zero problems with the frame. It's been rock solid for me. Likewise the motor, so far super reliable, And i beat up on it too haha.

I did have a small issue with the battery BMS power switch circuit though, but an easy fix.

Pretty funny when you think about it.

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
Hi guys, do you have a wiring diagram for bafang E10/E22 battery? I need to figure out what wires go to golden pins (the button connectors) from the BMS. Do you also know if there is a way to reset the BMS?

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Hi guys, do you have a wiring diagram for bafang E10/E22 battery? I need to figure out what wires go to golden pins (the button connectors) from the BMS. Do you also know if there is a way to reset the BMS?
Pretty sure the 4 slot type terminals are battery positive and BMS negative. (2 terminals each)

And the BMS switch is the 2 circular contractors above.

If you look at the battery mounting block with the connector in it, you can kinda follow the wires under the silicone adhesives, on the rear side of the block.

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
Pretty sure the 4 slot type terminals are battery positive and BMS negative. (2 terminals each)

And the BMS switch is the 2 circular contractors above.

If you look at the battery mounting block with the connector in it, you can kinda follow the wires under the silicone adhesives, on the rear side of the block.
Thank you for reply. I will get back to your comment again later as for now I have no idea what 4 slot type terminal is. I am trying to fix a lemon that i bought so was looking for a wiring diagram from BMS to those pins. The battery now gives incorrect data, I will need to rewire it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles