Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi, did you check allready the whole battery autonomy??
I'm 1.8m too and I was very undecided between M & L finally I decided M too.

The frame has quite a long reach for its size, even the M is pushing the large of my Whyte M109.

I build my own batteries and have the bike set up with only a 360Wh battery, as we have to lift the bike over gates and styles where we ride from and have it set up so that I can quickly change out a battery at the 1/2 way point. With the smaller battery mines just under 22kgs without peddles but with tubeless heavy weight tyres on board. 22kgs with a couple of kilos of mud is an OK lift for me, 24kgs with mud suddenly becomes a 2 man effort. Equally I have a wiring loom that I can fit two batteries for longer rides, theres a load of space in the battery compartment and you could fit some pretty large capacity in there if you wanted to.

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
The frame has quite a long reach for its size, even the M is pushing the large of my Whyte M109.

I build my own batteries and have the bike set up with only a 360Wh battery, as we have to lift the bike over gates and styles where we ride from and have it set up so that I can quickly change out a battery at the 1/2 way point. With the smaller battery mines just under 22kgs without peddles but with tubeless heavy weight tyres on board. 22kgs with a couple of kilos of mud is an OK lift for me, 24kgs with mud suddenly becomes a 2 man effort. Equally I have a wiring loom that I can fit two batteries for longer rides, theres a load of space in the battery compartment and you could fit some pretty large capacity in there if you wanted to.
I, on the contrary, am thinking how yo spand the capacity. I like looong rides over six hours, I hope with this battery achieve de 2000m + ??

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I, on the contrary, am thinking how yo spand the capacity. I like looong rides over six hours, I hope with this battery achieve de 2000m + ??
We do about 800m of hard slow climbing in about 2 1/2 hours using about 400 - 500 Wh's in muddy conditions, which really saps the energy. In the summer we can do similar climbs without needing to change the 360Wh battery at times. But those rates will be entirely dependant on what boost you've set up and what your human motor can put out :)

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines

Hope you can show us some of your DIY

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
My subconcious is obviously way out there at the moment .. I read : Home > News > Coverstory

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 19.54.29.png

as Home > News > Controversy ..... :unsure: o_O:LOL:

It's not been a good day ... :ROFLMAO:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Last edited:

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
About the modification done on yoke to use 215x60:

original yoke width is 26.4mm. i have reduced mine to 22.5.

I have mounted 215x60, after: 1) calculation 2) test. I say "on my frame it is working". May be 216x63 also, but I don't guarantee it whitout testing. This frame is not a "piece of wood", i find it permissive and may be it have some flexibilty. It is the raison why i prefer to keeep safety margin of 5mm rather less. In any case i do not recommand to use 200x57 (may be it is these people who speak about broken frame ?)
View attachment 49969
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
Hi Patdam, do you know how much tall is your Durolux 29 16cm?? I'm doubting between 16 or 17 cm travel fork.

memtb

Jan 2, 2021
england
Eager to see how this is doing. Imagine lockdown doesnt help.
Personally would not drop 2k just because someone put some parts together. Seems odd people say they will without even knowing much.
Saw an interesting look video on how LOOK make carbon frames. Quite a complex slow process but oddly easier than tooling up to fabricate
alloy frames in non standard shapes.
If you buy a name brand you get at least a 1 year guarantee. I guess that means we have to wait a year for Rob to pound the frame ,motor and battery to see if that can handle a year of abuse.
After that some similar outfit can have my money.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
You are correct,
but i guess partially.Dengfu are on the market since 5, 6 years even more and in the other Mtb forums their frames have been tested.But who knows good or bad, there is always a chance for a failure.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Eager to see how this is doing. Imagine lockdown doesnt help.
Personally would not drop 2k just because someone put some parts together. Seems odd people say they will without even knowing much.
Saw an interesting look video on how LOOK make carbon frames. Quite a complex slow process but oddly easier than tooling up to fabricate
alloy frames in non standard shapes.
If you buy a name brand you get at least a 1 year guarantee. I guess that means we have to wait a year for Rob to pound the frame ,motor and battery to see if that can handle a year of abuse.
After that some similar outfit can have my money.

It is my usual functioning. BUT. i am old man who is left lower time to ride wild track in moutain, i am tired to wait that a brand propose the frame and motor of my dream. i assumed that bafang have a motor with the characteristic needed. the only frame near my expect is the dengfu.

I have played, i am very satisfied for the moment, but i will know only after next summer if i have win.

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
I have had 4 specialized for the last 12 months and have not found myself at ease. i would love to build my own bike and see how it proforms. then we'll see if I have won

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I see they now have the e10 kit for sale on eBay, however they mention that they can’t send the motor and battery to the UK, Europe is ok though, why is this?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Cheers! @TheBikePilot delivering the awesome camera work again!

I'm not sure how tall Matt is but he usually rides a Medium kenevo!
I think @TheBikePilot needs a career change ... He seems to have the knack !! Not like when he flies. I actually gave birth to twins on one of his flights and I'm not female and I wasn't pregnant at the time.

OK.. Well, he said it felt Large on the jumps, but in fairness, considering it's an XL he didn't look completely barged up ... I'm just thinking about when it comes to "WIN A CHEEB FRAME" .... :ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2020
home
Great test of Cheeb V1.
At the end of the video you announce a new build "Cheeb V2 with a more powerfull motor"...
Tell us more about the plan, maybe in a new thread.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles