Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Richy007

Jun 20, 2021
Scotland
I know there have been questions about sizing, I'm 6'2" (188cm) tall and was looking at the 19" E10 but I see the Cheeb is the 21" frame, does it seem big to you? I ride an XL 2020 YT Capra at the moment the geometry geeks site when comparing shows the cheeb as bigger in most aspects but the rider height recommendations are smaller.
E10:
19" = 178 - 185cm
21" = 185 - 193cm
YT Capra/Decoy:
XL = 181 - 191cm
1624184266580.png

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
I know there have been questions about sizing, I'm 6'2" (188cm) tall and was looking at the 19" E10 but I see the Cheeb is the 21" frame, does it seem big to you? I ride an XL 2020 YT Capra at the moment the geometry geeks site when comparing shows the cheeb as bigger in most aspects but the rider height recommendations are smaller.
E10:
19" = 178 - 185cm
21" = 185 - 193cm
YT Capra/Decoy:
XL = 181 - 191cm
View attachment 64728
Hi Richy007 i have the Xl version of Dengfu(actually my brother) i have test it for short period, only in the city, cause had some health issue and couldn't test it in the mountain.So i am 1.88 as you and i had a kenevo Xl.This bike feels bigger than my kenevo.We will do some modification with the stem to get it a bit shorter.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I‘m 184 cm and I have the 19“ frame, the frame - due to the long 48,5 cm Reach - is on the bigger side for me. With 40 mm stem it fits perfectly to my needs, fast Enduro style riding.

Last edited:

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
i am now around 1500km. no problems till now, i just retight some screws as I respect Nm by dengfu. But they started to loose. Around 1200km i dissasembly motor and check inside of frame, everything just fine.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Is anyone using a 32t up front. I have fitted one, but it looks very close to the chain stay. Still trying to work out how long the chain should be. I think some one here said 22 links. Does anyone know any different.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I run a 32 chainring with 11-46 10-speed cassette and 116 link chain. Perfect! The STFU chainguide works also very good, but I had to adjust the front one to an appr. 2cm higher position as of the photo. Bike is very silent with this type of chainguide.

A4EA1068-A415-4970-869F-C41C475EE616.png

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
I run a 32 chainring with 11-46 10-speed cassette and 116 link chain. Perfect! The STFU chainguide works also very good, but I had to adjust the front one to an appr. 2cm higher position as of the photo. Bike is very silent with this type of chainguide.

View attachment 64929
Thank you. Like the STFU nice. Will be looking for them. I run 9speed 11-50. I like climbing with or without power. Don't know why just do, and steep?. I have tried 116 but to tight.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I noticed very litte play at my back wheel, and suspected the rear hub was the reason. I tightend up the rear hub and adjused it, so the hub did‘nt show any play. After installing the rear hub again, there still was a little - but noticable - play. At the end I found, that the rear axle is a little too long, so there is no tension on the rear hub even when the axle is fully insterted. I cutted appr. 2 mm off the axle shaft at the treaded end, now this is fixed. Instead of cutting the axle You can use a 2 mm washer, but I don‘t want to worry about loosing a washer out there. I recommend to check Your bike, if You have the same issue. May be it is only a matter of bad tolerance pairing at my frame..

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Has anyone fitted on of these shift sensors to M600 or M500 bike? Only 12 GBP off Aliexpress for what you see in picture. Just want to make sure that it is compatible with CAN system on M600 before I cut gear cable housing

IMG_20210624_082159.jpg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy

View attachment 64929
What is the size of the chainring that it comes with as standard? I also plan to get a bigger front chainring, what is the max that would fit? Do all standard aftermarket chainrings fit?

Last edited:

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
What is the size of the chainring that it comes with as standard? I also plan to get a bigger front chainring, what is the max that would fit? Do all standard aftermarket chainrings fit?
It comes with steel 38T ring as standard, 104 BCD, I changed mine to cheap Deckas aluminium ring but I keep it at 38T. I have M600 motor which can assist up to 45km/hr, if you want to use that speed then I would say 38T is minimum, I may even try 40T, looks to be just enough room (see pic which shows space with 38T) . Of course it depends what terrain you are riding. For me the local area is quite flat, so I appreciate extra speed, but when I take the bike to a trail centre I will change to smaller front ring. I am loving the M600 motor, especially on level 5 it's so fast!

IMG_20210624_090553.jpg

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
I noticed very litte play at my back wheel, and suspected the rear hub was the reason. I tightend up the rear hub and adjused it, so the hub did‘nt show any play. After installing the rear hub again, there still was a little - but noticable - play. At the end I found, that the rear axle is a little too long, so there is no tension on the rear hub even when the axle is fully insterted. I cutted appr. 2 mm off the axle shaft at the treaded end, now this is fixed. Instead of cutting the axle You can use a 2 mm washer, but I don‘t want to worry about loosing a washer out there. I recommend to check Your bike, if You have the same issue. May be it is only a matter of bad tolerance pairing at my frame..
You're not the only one I have this problem too (first time I thought I'd not tightened it enough, but after re-tightening it still happened again). I check it every ride and it occasionally comes loose, I thought initially that backing out the nut on the drive side would help, and it did, but it's basically impossible to torque down effectively if I do that. I'm going to try a washer while I order a new axle.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Has anybody reprogrammed their befang motor. Thinking of this but like to know if it is worth it. I believe you buy the relevant USB cable and program.

Its not possible without revEng the firmware. By the besst tool you only can update firmware, change speed limits, set wheel size and thats all.

No possibitily to change amperage, assist force etc.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Ok finally finished the build. Did a quick ride up and down the street. No dirt. I have to say although there is plenty of power my initial feeling is a bit of a let down. The power comes on in 1st a little too strong. It is ok, but lacks that intuitive feel you get from main stream ebikes. And when you consider the cost (almost $7000) it's up there with main stream prices. I am running 32 front chain ring on a 11-50 (9sp) rear. So I will take for a run through the trails tomorrow and see if having such a low 1st gear that will contain the thrust this motor produces.(m600) I know someone else here was saying 1st was too strong I wonder if he found a way to correct it. There is nothing at all in 0. As you would expect. Anyway if anybody here is feeling the same and has answers let me know please.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Ok finally finished the build. Did a quick ride up and down the street. No dirt. I have to say although there is plenty of power my initial feeling is a bit of a let down. The power comes on in 1st a little too strong. It is ok, but lacks that intuitive feel you get from main stream ebikes. And when you consider the cost (almost $7000) it's up there with main stream prices. I am running 32 front chain ring on a 11-50 (9sp) rear. So I will take for a run through the trails tomorrow and see if having such a low 1st gear that will contain the thrust this motor produces.(m600) I know someone else here was saying 1st was too strong I wonder if he found a way to correct it. There is nothing at all in 0. As you would expect. Anyway if anybody here is feeling the same and has answers let me know please.

Firstly i'm in 34 11/50 and last M600 rev. I have limited the speed to 25 km/h to avoid a permanent pushing (originaly 52 km/h), then i use the 3 first mode on 5. i 'm satisfied by this functioning, it is consuming more than the M500 but it is enough to uphill 1700 m and the power allow more efficient and fun to uphill, to arrive with more speed facilitate overcoming the obstacles.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Firstly i'm in 34 11/50 and last M600 rev. I have limited the speed to 25 km/h to avoid a permanent pushing (originaly 52 km/h), then i use the 3 first mode on 5. i 'm satisfied by this functioning, it is consuming more than the M500 but it is enough to uphill 1700 m and the power allow more efficient and fun to uphill, to arrive with more speed facilitate overcoming the obstacles.
Can I ask how you where able to change the settings?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Thank you. I did a google search for the besst tool. Luna and a Canadian site was the only thing that came up.
Is that where you got it from? Up around $100us.

The difficult is to obtain password to use it. Insure first that supplier could provide it. If ok, you can purchase it.

In australia you have fang bike, it seem competentt on bafang M series and it try it best to help customer. ask it first.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
The difficult is to obtain password to use it. Insure first that supplier could provide it. If ok, you can purchase it.

In australia you have fang bike, it seem competentt on bafang M series and it try it best to help customer. ask it first.
Thanks I forgot about them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles