Dengfu E10 Suspension/Wheel Options

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
I asked Melody if the sell wheelsets too. Apparently they do. This is what they offered me:

"29er front and 27.5" rear, 30mm or 35mm wide are both ok. The price is $460/pair with Novatec D791/D792 disc hub and DT Champion spokes. Shimano free body.

Shipping cost for wheels to Italy including tax prepaid is $145."

The price seems ok but I did ask if I can combine the shipping with my frame to save cost.

Still uncertain about the wheels.

Are the Novatec hubs included any good? Does anyone have any experience with these hubs?

Cheers!

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
I asked Melody if the sell wheelsets too. Apparently they do. This is what they offered me:

"29er front and 27.5" rear, 30mm or 35mm wide are both ok. The price is $460/pair with Novatec D791/D792 disc hub and DT Champion spokes. Shimano free body.

Shipping cost for wheels to Italy including tax prepaid is $145."

The price seems ok but I did ask if I can combine the shipping with my frame to save cost.

Still uncertain about the wheels.

Are the Novatec hubs included any good? Does anyone have any experience with these hubs?

Cheers!
Carbon wheels and warranty info, link to product if possible?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
If You would ride an Enduro Bike with no engine, I would go for it. With the Ebike, imho that doesn’t make sense. Go for a decent pair of DT‘s, or Hope’s, or build to spec wheels at a comparable price point. The weight penalty of the aluminum rims is insignificant, compared to the heavy duty tires You will ride. If there is any crash or defect, You will have no issues to replace parts, beside of the warranty aspect. Ride more, worry less...

Hondy

Mar 11, 2021
simba124
Hello guys ,are these tires below suitable for Emtb (or other normal mtb tires) OR we just really looking for ''Emtb tires' .
We are more like running longer runs off easy forrest or back roads ,no really downhill and or rocky mountains etc .. .

We do run 100km on our normal mtb in 1 ride (=with tires like below highmtrs about 5-600 max ) but starting to think about emtb as we can ride 2 days in a row longer rides ((-: .Emtb must be assume !(= e10 in order )

Maxxis Ikon 3C/EXO/TR 29

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Yes I have been using them pretty harshly over the years, good solid hubs but I have had some water ingress problems on the rear hubs, seem to handle the loads of the wider rims and extra speeds of Ebiking. Bearings are a bit marginal as far as longevity but they are a common bearing and you can fit Enduro style on the first change of bearings, which all hubs seem to need.

The Shimano rears may be centre lock, check as you will need to buy an adaptor to the more common 6 bolt. The Shimano are good and quiet but no better than the Novatech which surprised me if you consider the difference in price. The Novatech rear units you can buy new free hub bodies on Aliexpress and sometimes EBay.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Carbon wheels and warranty info, link to product if possible?
My Carbonal 29 asymetric carbon rims with Sapim CX Ray spokes and DT 350 hubs have arrived, $780 USD inc shipping, very nicely finished. I already have a similar Carbonal non-boost set for 4 years and I've never had to touch them apart from occasionally add grease to rear hub freewheel star ratchet.

I still have a long wait for the E10 frame, motor and battery, apparently shipping at end of April, I ordered 1st March. I heard Dengfu can no longer get the large 840 wh batteries and are only accepting orders for smaller 600wh capacity now. I'm hoping to receive the larger 840Wh batteries since these are what I ordered (I ordered an extra spare too). Has anyone who recently received a frame set able to comment on battery size now shipping?
IMG_20210403_151726.jpg
IMG_20210403_151534.jpg

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
My Carbonal 29 asymetric carbon rims with Sapim CX Ray spokes and DT 350 hubs have arrived, $780 USD inc shipping, very nicely finished. I already have a similar Carbonal non-boost set for 4 years and I've never had to touch them apart from occasionally add grease to rear hub freewheel star ratchet.

I still have a long wait for the E10 frame, motor and battery, apparently shipping at end of April, I ordered 1st March. I heard Dengfu can no longer get the large 840 wh batteries and are only accepting orders for smaller 600wh capacity now. I'm hoping to receive the larger 840Wh batteries since these are what I ordered (I ordered an extra spare too). Has anyone who recently received a frame set able to comment on battery size now shipping?
View attachment 57548 View attachment 57549
I just received my battery with 840 wh recently. I ordered back on 15th january. Still waiting for my motor (on the way) and frameset finally should be shipped next week (took longer because of custom frame color - wanted the triangle in white). Long time waiting till now but seems to get here even before my rock shox rear shok I ordered over 2 months ago ?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hi guys, maybe someone can tell me if i would be able to fit the RockShox Super Deluxe select + from a Santa Cruz Hightower Carbon with 210 x 55 mm? I am waiting already 9 weeks for the Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT Debon Air 210 x 55 mm to come and would now like to know if i can swap to the Super Deluxe select +. Are both shocks metric? Can I use the shock bushings with both shocks?

PS. Picture was send by Melody ;-). It is on the way now :)

The Rob.jpg

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
I got information regarding batteries (ordered end of January): Estimated time for 16Ah is at the middle of this month. If 17.5Ah, would be the end.
I will wait for 17.5.

BR
Bogdan

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Looking at shock options - anyone have some riding time on a coil shock? The frames curve looks quite linear so was wondering how good the mid stroke support of a coil actually is? Looks on paper that an air shock might be better suited to the frame?

RickMoore

Apr 14, 2021
Bd2 3dq
Hi, I've been following you guys and your build opinions etc, I was going to build my own but to save time I'm considering buying the complete bike and modify as I go. Has anybody else bought the full bike?
1618411448156.png

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I received my M500 Motor today, Battery expected by end of this month, frame by end of this month / beginning of May. I did some assembly trials with the cockpit, and I found that the cable from the +/- unit to the monitor ist long enough to fit my 780mm bar. The only problem is, that the monitor clamp is not fitting to the 35 diameter bar. Do You have the same problem, and how did You solve it?

Lucky Pete

Nov 24, 2020
Hakuba Japan
Hi, I've been following you guys and your build opinions etc, I was going to build my own but to save time I'm considering buying the complete bike and modify as I go. Has anybody else bought the full bike?
View attachment 58590
What website is that mate? Link? Thanks.

Lucky Luke

Feb 19, 2021
[QUOTE = "thaeber, publicación: 289217, miembro: 15200"]
Recibí mi motor M500 hoy, la batería se espera para fines de este mes, el marco para fines de este mes / principios de mayo. Hice algunas pruebas de montaje con la cabina y descubrí que el cable de la unidad +/- al monitor es lo suficientemente largo para encajar en mi barra de 780 mm. El único problema es que la abrazadera del monitor no encaja en la barra de 35 diámetros. ¿Tiene el mismo problema y cómo lo resolvió?
[/CITA]
Problema 1
Arandela soporte.jpg
manillar.jpg

Con una impresora 3D

Problema 2:
control potencia.jpg

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Unfortunately my weight has ballooned in lock down to 100kg+ and I'd rather not buy any scales to find out exactly how much above 100kg!
In the past I've used air shocks, but at this weight I'm concerned about blowing seals with an air shock and found a good deal on a used Marzocchi Bomber CR 210 x 55 and also found a monster 700lb spring.
I saw that some of you are using coil shocks, what is your experience with coil on the E10 frame?
IMG_20210420_134837.jpg

Feb 27, 2020
home

Found a copy of the missing Dengfu E-AM (E10) page on my computer (date 24-Dec-2020).

Dengfu_E10_2020_dec_24.png

m.john

Feb 14, 2021
Germany
Please do not forget anti-dumping custom extra of 48,5% on top of the 'after shipping and tax' price tag in EU when talking 'full bike' and not a max. of 3 essential bike parts/month which can be bought without the extra ~50%. A full bike consists of way more than 2 parts.

For clarification, here part of a mail reply from the German customs office...
essential bicycle parts are:
  1. Frame, provided with colors, anodized, polished and / or lacquered
  2. Forks, provided with colors, anodized, polished and / or lacquered
  3. Derailleurs
  4. Cranksets
  5. Freewheel sprockets
  6. Brakes and brake levers
  7. complete wheels
  8. Handlebars

The rims, spokes and axles of the wheels and the suspension on the frame are not essential parts of the bicycle.
    Accordingly, it does not matter whether the frame is equipped with suspension.
    A set of wheels consists of a front and a rear wheel, so they are two essential parts.
    Accordingly, no anti-dumping duty is charged on a frame (with suspension) and the wheel set (with rims, spokes and axle).
Make the math and you will end over 7000$ IMHO. Then you can easily buy an entry level bike with EU warranty and all the other good stuff, and it is already ready to roll.....
Other countries, other rules of course.

Mtbdad

May 2, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Hey everyone. I am seriously considering getting this frame and building myself one up to ride in Tasmania. Mostly because I can put top level spec gear on it and not be paying an absolute fortune. I have read most the threads on this and I am pretty comfortable with the warranty, Or lack there of.

My main question is, How does this frame ride compared to other big brand name bikes? I am looking at the trek rail. Which is a big stable bike. Which is what I am after. I want something nice and stable so I crash less :)

So I am just interested to hear peoples thoughts on stability. Rear end grip. And overall ride experience.

Cheers
Jesse

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hey everyone. I am seriously considering getting this frame and building myself one up to ride in Tasmania. Mostly because I can put top level spec gear on it and not be paying an absolute fortune. I have read most the threads on this and I am pretty comfortable with the warranty, Or lack there of.

My main question is, How does this frame ride compared to other big brand name bikes? I am looking at the trek rail. Which is a big stable bike. Which is what I am after. I want something nice and stable so I crash less :)

So I am just interested to hear peoples thoughts on stability. Rear end grip. And overall ride experience.

Cheers
Jesse
If lack of warranty is not a problem for you and you have comlpetencies to improving the assembly (wiring, sealing, etc.). The frame design and build, for my point of view (in XL, 29" 160mm front/rear) is a really good frame. stable yes but not alone. it is not a "rail", it is also confortable, safety and i can saied also relatively maneuvrable.

The only negative point that could by applied is the consequence of all these quality. It is not funny, it is a "serious" bike, whitout any defect which could give it "character".

This is for the frame. for the motor, i could spake only for the M500. It is in line with the frame i can saied. not "funny" if you want to make short ride at high power. but the better motor/battery if you make long ride in mountain with a lot of elevation.

Mtbdad

May 2, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
If lack of warranty is not a problem for you and you have comlpetencies to improving the assembly (wiring, sealing, etc.). The frame design and build, for my point of view (in XL, 29" 160mm front/rear) is a really good frame. stable yes but not alone. it is not a "rail", it is also confortable, safety and i can saied also relatively maneuvrable.

The only negative point that could by applied is the consequence of all these quality. It is not funny, it is a "serious" bike, whitout any defect which could give it "character".

This is for the frame. for the motor, i could spake only for the M500. It is in line with the frame i can saied. not "funny" if you want to make short ride at high power. but the better motor/battery if you make long ride in mountain with a lot of elevation.

Thanks for the reply. By the sounds of it you are saying the bike is faily balanced in its handling. Is relatively stable at speed. But doesn't shine anywhere in particular. Which isn't a bad thing.

Mtbdad

May 2, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Thanks for the reply. By the sounds of it you are saying the bike is faily balanced in its handling. Is relatively stable at speed. But doesn't shine anywhere in particular. Which isn't a bad thing.
I just compared the geometry to the trek rail. From what I can see the numbers are fairly similar. I think it i were to build it is run 29 front and rear, and put a 1.5 degree Angleset headset in to change it to 64.5 degrees.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
"faily balanced in its handling ", no i do not say that, on contrary i find maniability amazing for a bike with 455mm of base and 1310 of empatement,

About angleset, I find strange, the people who modified an bike without testing how functioning the original geometry. When i perform modifications, generally it is to correcting a problem, not to reach a value.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles