Decoy delivered damaged - advice please

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
My Decoy Pro 29 finally turned up after quite a long wait considering it was in stock.
But the excitement quickly vanished when I found this. Seems the mech hanger has rotated and dug into the seat stay, splitting the carbon.

IMG_4315.jpg

There was no damage to box or packaging, so can only assume it was damaged before it was shipped.

Have emailed YT with photos etc, but responses seem pretty slow so called them, but sat on hold (with their really annoying hold music) for over an hour and half and didn’t get through to anyone.

All pretty disappointing really.

I understand there is a YT guy in the UK, does anyone know how to get in contact with him?

Last edited:

Flying4Pandas

Jun 9, 2020
San Jose
HOLY HELL man!!! Are there any fragments of the carbon in the box? You think the mech hanger did that... jeebus that sucks big time man! I'm really sorry the hype bubble has been bursted now. Hope you get it resolved quickly! Keep us informed... I'm still here waiting to hear back about my order. ?

NoseDive

Jun 22, 2020
UK
You must feel gutted. I’m interested to see if YT have improved there customer service, the last thread of woe had an encouraging conclusion.

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
Oh hell, what a disappointment after the long wait! This looks really bad. There must have been some force involved and if not at transport, then at or even before packaging?:mad:

I emailed YT on some occasions, you won't get a reply forever, keep on trying to get through by phone.

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
I waited 3 weeks for a reply to a warranty issue. They did apologise etc and gave a voucher but I would rather have a reply. If I was you open a case or ticket and ring them. I would offer to buy the seat stay as a spare and ship the old one back to them and when they confirm its a warranty job they refund you the cost you paid for the seat stay. If you based in the states I say you be sorted quickly if in Europe you have my sympathy. I based in Ireland. If you do it that way you can ride the bike while waiting for the spare you paid to arrive.

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
I waited 3 weeks for a reply to a warranty issue. They did apologise etc and gave a voucher but I would rather have a reply. If I was you open a case or ticket and ring them. I would offer to buy the seat stay as a spare and ship the old one back to them and when they confirm its a warranty job they refund you the cost you paid for the seat stay. If you based in the states I say you be sorted quickly if in Europe you have my sympathy. I based in Ireland. If you do it that way you can ride the bike while waiting for the spare you paid to arrive.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've actually got hold of one of the YT representatives in the UK, thanks to my above post on this forum. They msg'd directly and I spoke to them on the phone this morning. Waiting to hear back about options, but it I think it's going to end up with it going back to Germany and getting a replacement. Big concern is how long the replacement will take to arrive. Not sure I fancy another 3 week wait.

Unfortunately the damage is pretty severe and I'm not sure it would be safe to ride. I loosen off the rear mech hanger and tired to straighten it as it's rotated into the frame, but couldn’t get it to move back round. It seems embedded into the carbon.

I'll keep you posted about how I get on.

Last edited:

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Thanks for your feedback.

I've actually got hold of one of the YT representatives in the UK, thanks to my above post on this forum. They msg'd directly and I spoke to them on the phone this morning. Waiting to hear back about options, but it I think it's going to end up with it going back to Germany and getting a replacement. Big concern is how long the replacement will take to arrive. Not sure I fancy another 3 week wait.

Unfortunately the damage is pretty severe and I'm not sure it would be safe to ride. I loosen off the rear mech hanger and tired to straighten it as it's rotated into the frame, but couldn’t get it to move back round. It seems embedded into the carbon.

I'll keep you posted about how I get on.

Bit random I know but how long did it end up taking to get this sorted???

Remember reading the thread at time I was waiting for mine to be shipped and having nightmares about it!

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK

Remember reading the thread at time I was waiting for mine to be shipped and having nightmares about it!
Took about 2 weeks in the end.
This was before they had the guys fully set up in the UK, so I had to deal with the Customer Services in Germany so lots of 30 - 60 minute waits on hold , before having to explain the whole situation to every different person I spoke. Had to go done the phone route as email responses were taking them 48+ hours.
But they arranged the courier collection and processed the refund pretty quickly once they received the bike back at the warehouse in Germany.
Though in the end I cancelled the replacement order and got Levo SL, which I'm really happy with.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Sorry didn’t see that.

was just intrigued, just started a warranty replacement myself albeit with a Shia no part but YT have been great so far, got back to me the same day, sent them the part, just waiting for the replacement now... so far so good!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles