Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I’d be concerned with hollow pin on Ebike but that’s just my opinion and why I went for the KMC chain, others may disagree ?‍♂️

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Stilus clone?

510724BE-37CE-4649-8B68-597C85084EA4.png

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
No idea mate but it's better than you falling off & getting squashed by a lorry. You have to take the positives in life.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
On reflection, the frame is on lots of bikes. Lombardo, Forme, Corratec as well as Decathlon. I'd be sending out a few emails, see what comes back.

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello, as anyone else thinks that the Stilus gears changer, should change more than 1 gear at a row??
I have 2 old cheap bikes, that change 2 or 3 gears in a row, and the Stilus (a new/recent/expensive bike) just change 1 gear at a time....disappointing, no? ?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hello, as anyone else thinks that the Stilus gears changer, should change more than 1 gear at a row??
I have 2 old cheap bikes, that change 2 or 3 gears in a row, and the Stilus (a new/recent/expensive bike) just change 1 gear at a time....disappointing, no? ?
Ebikes as far as I know don’t quick shift like that because of motor torque, it’s too much strain on the chains to run it like a normal bike.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
It´s not only on Stylus, but you can change it on your risk. Personally I don´t miss it, as we have the motor pushing .

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Name that Tune...

Anyone else developed this rattle???

To narrow it down:-
  • It does it when your not peddling so I don't believe it's motor related
  • It does it when the front fork is locked out
  • It does it when you hold on to the bottle cage
  • It does it when you hold the breaks, or the Kiox display or the cables as they go into the frame
  • It does it when you hold the front mudguard
So want do you reckon, Headset earrings need greasing? Stem?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Try a bit of copper grease on your seat post tube & saddle rails. If it doesn't rattle when you're stood up, then that's what it is. To add, I had a creaky KS Lev on another bike & yours is a KS Rage. I asked KS directly how to stop it creaking & copper grease is what they recommended.

Last edited:

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
100% agree it’s the seat post or saddle, or it’s fixings..I’ve been trying to solve a creaking dropper for weeks now, tried all the grease, wrapping the saddle rails, different bolts, it’s one of the most irritating problems I’ve ever had. It’s a brand-x dropper which at first was great but now I wish I had kept the KS Rage as it was silent.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The Btwin saddle fitted to these bikes is suspect too. Where the rails are fixed to the plastic frame of the saddle is essentially impossible to lube into silence. If it starts to creak, the only fix is replacement with something better.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Try a bit of copper grease on your seat post tube & saddle rails. If it doesn't rattle when you're stood up, then that's what it is. To add, I had a creaky KS Lev on another bike & yours is a KS Rage. I asked KS directly how to stop it creaking & copper grease is what they recommended.
@PhilBaker I agree with @RustyMTB and @Tallguy888 I have had this happen twice on other bikes where the problem noise is amplified by the hollow frame. First time it was fixed by a light application of grease on the stem going into the frame and checking stem torques. The second time it was a small stone lodged between the swinging arm and the frame so when ever the swinging arm moved it ground the stone which amplified through the frame and not giving me much clue as to where to start looking because the noise sounded like it was coming from the top tube.
Good Luck (y)

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Thanks guys, went for a ride today and definitely not the seat or post as it still does it when I’m standing up.

Really sounds like it’s coming from the Stem so will remove and re-torque...

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
@PhilBaker I agree with @RustyMTB and @Tallguy888 I have had this happen twice on other bikes where the problem noise is amplified by the hollow frame. First time it was fixed by a light application of grease on the stem going into the frame and checking stem torques. The second time it was a small stone lodged between the swinging arm and the frame so when ever the swinging arm moved it ground the stone which amplified through the frame and not giving me much clue as to where to start looking because the noise sounded like it was coming from the top tube.
Good Luck (y)
Thanks guys, went for a ride today and definitely not the seat or post as it still does it when I’m standing up.

Really sounds like it’s coming from the Stem so will remove and re-torque...
if it’s still there Phil try the linkage! And it’s bolts

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Name that Tune...

Anyone else developed this rattle???

To narrow it down:-
  • It does it when your not peddling so I don't believe it's motor related
  • It does it when the front fork is locked out
  • It does it when you hold on to the bottle cage
  • It does it when you hold the breaks, or the Kiox display or the cables as they go into the frame
  • It does it when you hold the front mudguard
So want do you reckon, Headset earrings need greasing? Stem?
Can't be sure from the audio but I had something similar and it turned out to be the cables inside the frame behind the battery. I know it shouldn't sound like any creak (but it didn't sou d like the normal cable slap on ally) but your video clip sounds similar (it explained the lockout thing that I also tried). I used thin double sided spongy tape and put it between cables and frame and it disappeared (the clamps are not particularly "clampy". I also put some under the battery handle as that was also subject to a bit of flappy stuff when on the move.
Have to say I did all of the other stuff mentioned and even stripped the forks before the tape thing.
Like I said, sounds stupid but it worked for mine. All else fails, try earplugs ?.

Rogerpilly

Apr 18, 2021
Trieste (Italy)
Hello guys, I have been recently offered the Stilus (Mod 2020, so with the 500 battery) in a used contidiont, but almost like new (around 1000 km done) for a reasonable price. I have just one big concern. After reading your comments my understanding is this bike has a weird geometry, the reach and the top tube lenght seems to be very short. It looks to me the size L is sold as an XL, correct me if I am wrong.
Now, I am 196 toll (maybe now with age I am a big short, but still...) and I am afraid the bike would be too short for me. Unfortunately the seller doesn't live very near, it's about 500 km roundtrip, so I don't want to go there just to see it, only if I am reasonably sure of buying it.
In alternative, I was offered this bike here: HYBRIDE ASX 2.7+ AL
in an almost new condition, around 200 km on it and warranty valid through January 2023. The stylus is under warranty too until June 2022. The price different though is 500 euros, 2.800 vs 3.200. Both have few upgrades, the stilus has Pirelli scorpion (tubeless) and a more comfortable seat. The Gohst has tubeles tyres as well.
I know the Gosht is a bit superior (but very comparable with same engine and same battery), but If I weren't concerned about the size I would go with the Stilus to save some cash. However, I absolutely don't want to spend almost 3.000 to get someting wihch would not satisfy me at 100 per cent.
Please help me with any suggestion, observation or comments.

Many thanks in advance!

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hi, I’m 6 foot 1 and have the X-large and run a short stem and the bike feels find for me, I don’t feel cramped or that it’s too small, I guess it’s personal preference but even a slightly longer stem can fix a shorter top tube.

Rogerpilly

Apr 18, 2021
Trieste (Italy)
Hi, I’m 6 foot 1 and have the X-large and run a short stem and the bike feels find for me, I don’t feel cramped or that it’s too small, I guess it’s personal preference but even a slightly longer stem can fix a shorter top tube.
Thank you very much for your replay, I am 6.5, though. Don't you think it could make a difference?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Actually I think it was Large, not sure they do X-large I’ve forgotten ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles