Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Finally got my replacement battery cover from Decathlon Bolton via Lombardo, £29 reduced price due to slow turn around and the fact they said it’s not a warranty part. Will be implementing some crap system to stop the slide mechanism getting stone bashed again.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Velcro strap doubles for extra security

IMG_20210426_044050.jpg

Jammybastard

Apr 12, 2021
Devon
Me too. They are on the site but shops do not know anymore than possibly August/Sept online.
Prce at 3.5k is also a bit of a shock tbh. Cube 140 will probably be the choice for many if the deal is right-Lbs, parts availability etc.
Is this hike purely a Brexit thing re import charges as 625 batt and short cranks are able to be bought for the hike price as standalone parts (ish} unless you, like me, are buying for the missus and swapping batts.
The value appeal surely dissipates for the newbie to Stilus.
Yeah I’m also looking at giant £3200

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
Stilus has been listed on UK Decathlon website for £3499!! Honestly, this is the most expensive in Europe and I don't think it's worth it anymore. You can buy lots of ebikes for this price with comparable equipment. V1 was £2799 and it was a bargain.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
It's official, the UK has proved it is 52% full of poor decision makers that will cost me.
I bought superstar components headset couple of days ago.. Delivered to Slovenia EU I paid 10£ for shipping and 20 Eur for VAT. I was surprised how expensive it is. So no more buying in UK for me and I think Brexit will bring prices higher for both, UK an EU residents and that it's not good. Price for Stilus is another example.

Drsooty

Jul 10, 2020
Lancashire
Got an error 500 today on a ride. Cut out completely. Then after maybe 30mins it kicked back in bit showed error 513.

I'm hoping it won't come back, but suspect this may be a warranty repair/replacement of the motor.

Anyone know what these codes mean?

What is the experience on waiting for Bosch motor repairs?

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Question : is a fox 36 /38 overkill for a semi overweight Stilus man ?
Thanks for the like on the Wild FS comparison. For me the Fox 38 is a delight. I am now running with only one of the four volume spacers. It is plush but I have yet to bottom it out on the stuff I do. Weight wont be the issue but type of riding might be. If you are just doing very smooth stuff then the RS is ok, if you want to soak up some rock gardens then its a really good but costly up grade.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Just dropped a few quid on an RCT3 charge damper & debonair air spring to upgrade the upgrade Yari. To a Lyrik, apparently. :cool:

Last edited:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Thanks for the like on the Wild FS comparison. For me the Fox 38 is a delight. I am now running with only one of the three volume spacers. It is plush but I have yet to bottom it out on the stuff I do. Weight wont be the issue but type of riding might be. If you are just doing very smooth stuff then the RS is ok, if you want to soak up some rock gardens then its a really good but costly up grade.
Cheers man, are you still riding the orbea now? Kept the Stilus ?

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Was made an offer I couldn’t refuse on the Stilus so sold it. I have now settled into the Wild FS and loving it.
Looks lovely man, I don’t blame you . I’m over calderdale way.. might see you on the tops:) Will look out for an orbea and shout PIGIN !

Last edited:

Jammybastard

Apr 12, 2021
Devon

kydel

May 14, 2021
Belgium
I'm interested in volspeed V3 , please report back how was installation and if there were any errors..
Installation is super easy, adjusting speedlimit is also pretty simple , made some miles with speed limit 45km/h to keep u with race bike buddies but I kept it on 35km/h most of the time to avoid 504. Did 100 km this weekend with average speed of 30km/h but not planning on using the bike for those kind of road trips.
There seem to be a speed difference of about 3km/h on the purion display compared to the race bikes. Stilus speed gives 35km/u while race bikes give 32-33 km/h.
Is this a setting in wheel size that can be changed?

N16BS

May 15, 2021
Poland
Was looking for a source of cracking sound. This is how a lower headset bearing looks on a 3 weeks old bike. No pressure washes, few rainy rides only. What strange is that everything else around is clean, no rust anywhere else. That makes me think that the bearing was like that when installed on the bike. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

photo_2021-06-13_16-04-45.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
On the subject of the lower headset bearing, mine's knackered too as many of you know. OEM fitment is an FSA bearing, so not a Decathlon corner cutting thing per se but anyway, looking into it, the bearing is fairly generic & fitted on loads of bikes- standards innit. If you wanted to replace, you need a 51.8mm 36/45 in either 7.5mm or 8mm depth, 40mm internal.

If you don't know already, 36/45 refers to the external angle of outer bearing I.e. it's 36 degrees then 45 degrees. Everywhere I look, they're about £16 & I guess fitting a shorty mud guard to the fork arch will go some way to protecting it from the worst of the dirt & water.

Last edited:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
On the subject of the lower headset bearing, mine's knackered too as many of you know. OEM fitment is an FSA bearing, so not a Decathlon corner cutting thing per se but anyway, looking into it, the bearing is fairly generic & fitted on loads of bikes- standards innit. If you wanted to replace, you need a 51.8mm 36/45 in either 7.5mm or 8mm depth, 40mm internal.

If you don't know already, 36/45 refers to the external angle of outer bearing I.e. it's 36 degrees then 45 degrees. Everywhere I look, they're about £16 & I guess fitting a shorty mud guard to the fork arch will go some way to protecting it from the worst of the dirt & water.
Useful to know taking mine to bits in a couple of day ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles