Decathlon Rockrider E-ST900

xyra132

Apr 8, 2022
Hampshire
For reference for anyone looking for it as I couldn't find it. For the Small, the RAD is 74 and the standover height is about 84cm.

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Just washed my bike and noticed that the rear wheel as several fine cracks in the rim around many of the spoke holes. It may be prudent to check yours!

I’m still under warranty so I’ve fired off an email to decathlon to see what they say.

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
C4B94071-D7C3-4EFF-AD57-94912E566C81.jpeg

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Thanks for the warning !
I will have a look immediately this evening.

On mine it's the least washed spot of the whole bike.
A wipe on both sides of the wheel, but too lazy to clean between the spokes.

crunchie

Mar 31, 2022
uk
What car mounts are people using for this bike? Thinking of getting a Thule fastride.

hoping it would be OK if the battery is removed. concern is will it fit the axel and how to protect the battery contacts when removed.

Last edited:

Maxiek

Jun 18, 2022
Poland
I think yes. He can print many this plugs, I Don’t know how much you will spend for delivery (I’m from Poland )
If you are interested I can organise this.

crunchie

Mar 31, 2022
uk

For UK people I've found 3dprint direct will do 2 (min order) for £18 delivered using Carbon SLS

xyra132

Apr 8, 2022
Hampshire
Is this a public STL or one he'd be willing to share? I'd like to print myself a couple. I was only saying to my wife I was going to have design a plug the other day to protect the contacts!

Azimuth

Oct 14, 2021
trolololo2022
Hey guys...

Long time since my last post. Been enjoying my E-ST900 with the mods I did ( see my posts ).

Just wanted to share ( and ask ) some stuff.

I upgraded the lights with this ( much better than the stock ones and the front one also serves as a powerbank ):

edit: mumble mumble, cant post links, search on amazon for "EBUYFIRE LED 3000 lumen 5200 mAh"

418GRexPEuL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I also added a luggage carrier ( I have seen better looking solutions here in the forum, but that's all I could find ). Despite the Decathlon expert saying it would not fit the e-st900, it does. :)

elops.jpg

I'd like to ask:

- 28 or 29 wheel conversion is possible? I am still maxing out the gears with a 40t crank.

- Is there a battery connector diagram anywhere? I was thinking about building a bigger battery.

- Any direct fit palm resting grips you'd recommend? The stock ones make my hands numb after some hours...

Thanks!

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I have a 29" wheel at the front, but in the end the 29x2.25 has roughly the same outer diameter as a 27.5*2.8

A 29x2.4 won't fit (I suppose), the space between tyre and bridge is limited.

Azimuth

Oct 14, 2021
trolololo2022
I take it, after you do the speedo hack, cycling at higher speeds flattens the battery quicker?

Yes, you cannot be greedy with the Sport and Boost modes.

But, curiously, I observed that even with the hack, I can make the battery deplete as much as person 25kg lighter than me with an S size RiverSide 500E ( which has a 418wh ) battery. We end the day with the same battery percentage ( but I get less tired ).

( It seems the Brose engine is much more efficient that whatever rear hub engine is in the RiverSide )

It is still worth it.

Last edited:

Afc69

Jun 12, 2020
Aberdeen
See the magnet that you need for the speed hack? What kind of magnet do we need, and do you just glue it in place on the inside of the crank, opposite the repositioned speed sensor?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Are those 29 wheels? :)

I am asking because I am running a pair of 27.5 x 2.00 and I am wondering how far more could I go...
29" x 2.25 Vittoria Mezcal front
27.5" x 2.8 Maxxis Rekon+ back

You see, at the front the mudfender even fits between bridge and tyre, so there's still room for experiments :)

Azimuth

Oct 14, 2021
trolololo2022
See the magnet that you need for the speed hack? What kind of magnet do we need, and do you just glue it in place on the inside of the crank, opposite the repositioned speed sensor?

:) It seems however that new Brose software versions shutdown the controller after 500 revolutions ( you need to power it off/on again ).

Azimuth

Oct 14, 2021
trolololo2022
29" x 2.25 Vittoria Mezcal front
27.5" x 2.8 Maxxis Rekon+ back

You see, at the front the mudfender even fits between bridge and tyre, so there's still room for experiments :)

Looks great, but I would need some gravel bike style tyres... :cry: I guess I am still going for the 42T after all.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
I came across this a little while ago about the software update on the Brose motor
The first sign of the latest update is new display layout
I have'nt done it yet but was told to go to a dealership for the update
Anyway have a look and see what you recon

Azimuth

Oct 14, 2021
trolololo2022
Translated:

"New manipulation detection: The new manipulation detection ensures that the drive recognizes when the spoke magnet has been attached to the crank and the rear wheel and crank thus move in a 1:1 ratio to one another. If this is the case, the drive switches off the support after 500 pedal revolutions. Error 47 becomes active and can be read out in the service tool."

"Let's go Brose"

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Our unelected EU imposes fabricants to imply such detections. It's in their din/iso paperwork.
For people outside EU: replace "EU" with you local bureaucrat organization where nobody rides an Emtb.
Spoiler alert: All "smart" emtb's with a gps sensor will (after an upgrade) start to compare chipped speed to gps speed.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles