Decathlon Rockrider E-ST900

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Me again, for the 2k price range, is this the bike to go for, if there was budget of 2500, would anything else be better, the reviews seem so positive on the E-st900, THANK YOU to all

I really like the Brose on my Emtb, no noise at all, tune-able,...

So as Hardtail you have the Decathlon or Bulls E-Stream 2000 to 5000 euro.
As Fully there is a Bulls E-Stream, Wild Flow or the Specialized Levo, 5000 to 14000 euro

My E-st900 costs +3000euro now, with dropper post, tuning, other saddle, 29" wheel, tyres, 203 brake disc, short stem, click pedals, 38t chainring, 46t cassette, 2nd Battery, 2nd lightweight charger...
Worth it !

Last edited:

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX

As Fully there is a Bulls E-Stream, Wild Flow or the Specialized Levo, 5000 to 14000 euro

My E-st900 costs +3000euro now, with dropper post, tuning, other saddle, 29" wheel, tyres, 203 brake disc, short stem, click pedals, 38t chainring, 46t cassette, 2nd Battery, 2nd lightweight charger...
Worth it !
Och!
I didn't want to Talley it up myself
The bug of this thread #bebiker got a grip of me aswell I will eventually scare our buddies on here to what I have spent
By the way what area in Belgium do you live
My wife is from Oostende normally there quite abit apart from situation we've been in
Looks like things might be again hopefully soon she misses the motherland

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX

Worth it !
Price hasn't moved since round about the beginning of last year and the stock seems good at the moment

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
Which region do you live
And tell me your not the Gary Davis that used to be a Radio 1 DJ in the UK back in the 80's
Brussels and not in the UK, but I'm the one who used to be a Radio Campus (ULB - University of Brussels) member of the "Famous" Good Morning Blues radio show end of 80's and 90's :cool:
Gary Davis refers to the fabulous guitarist Reverend "Blind" Gary Davis even if you see the photo of another famous one : Roy Buchanan.

Last edited:

Rich j

Feb 3, 2022
Hampshire
Och!
I didn't want to Talley it up myself
The bug of this thread #bebiker got a grip of me aswell I will eventually scare our buddies on here to what I have spent
By the way what area in Belgium do you live
My wife is from Oostende normally there quite abit apart from situation we've been in
Looks like things might be again hopefully soon she misses the motherland
Hi,
my dad got the bike, arrived yesterday, he got me to buy Mountain Biking Mudguard Kit
he said the front do not work with the bike, something about the bolt/frame - not sure if anyone knows what front will work with the bike without any drilling or anything, thanks for help

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Hi,
my dad got the bike, arrived yesterday, he got me to buy Mountain Biking Mudguard Kit
he said the front do not work with the bike, something about the bolt/frame - not sure if anyone knows what front will work with the bike without any drilling or anything, thanks for help

After looking at reviews I went with the Mudhugger front and back
They are easy to attach

Mudhugger Front Mudguard

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Take your AC/DC vehicle on the Highway to hell hole and you're welcome...;)

just to catch your attention was you still looking at getting the Brose "allround" display it's just that these are on ebay I don't know if anyone has seen this item and whether they are to expensive

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
just to catch your attention was you still looking at getting the Brose "allround" display it's just that these are on ebay I don't know if anyone has seen this item and whether they are to expensive

Hi,
Thank you very much for the recall. Yes, I'm still looking for this display but at this price it's a steal and this model seems dedicated to the S DRIVE model (ours is the T one) but anyway it's probably a question of connector. I think that my last option is to try "The Microwave Method" of Bebiker ;)

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Change of tyres again for me. Vittoria Mezcal 27.5 x 2.6 by way of a change. Tubeless too!

How are you getting on with those tyres

I've just ordered two or those myself in the same size
When they get here I'll ride them on the 27.5 back and front to see how I get on while waiting to get my hands on a Sunringle 29er then hopefully put the same tire on that
Keep my options open if I feel l need to change back

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Only done about 50 miles on them and haven’t noticed that much difference from my old Continentals! Just concerned that they’re airtight being tubeless. Once I’m satisfied I’ll be able to be a bit more ‘technical’ to see how they perform.

chapelblade

Feb 28, 2022
Sheffield, UK
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased the RockRider eST900 and I am very impressed with this bike apart from riding on the flat and downhill.

After reading the opinions on this forum, I decided to change the chainring to a 38t one. I didn’t realise beforehand that this was quite a challenge!.

I took my bike to the local bike shop and they removed the crank arm fairly easily, then used the tool mentioned elsewhere to remove the lock ring. Then the spider should have slid off but was stuck solid, after several attempts they used some sort of bearing puller to remove it. Finally it was off but the chain bolts were absolutely stuck. The mechanic said that they had probably used industrial strength loctite when installing the bolts. A long soak in hot water finally released the bolts. The Deckas chainring I had purchased looked very flimsy compared with the one removed, I hope it is strong enough. The mechanic was concerned beforehand that the chain might not be long enough but it was just ok. Finally, I took the bike on a test run and it worked fine, the extra gear was worth the effort.

If you are thinking about changing the chainring then I would certainly recommend a local bike shop unless you have the knowledge and equipment to attempt it yourself. I was charged £15 which I thought was very reasonable.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Welcome
And as you say £15.00 is very reasonable if you don't intend to mess around experimenting with the setup of these bikes
I like tinkering around with my bike and swapping out components with the knowledge gained from the guys posting on here
Long may it help others who find these threads(y)(y)

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
I've got the new thru axle today. Thigten it to 20nm, set the caliper, and reverse the rear tire becasue decathlon put it on the wrong direction (and I have not noticed it so far) :D
The metallic noise became quieter but still exist. I think the root cause maybe the big lugs on the Taipan Koloss tires. Isn't it possible that they are resonate the wheel and the brake rotor on asphalt at high speeds?
I felt the metallic noise was in the motor not the brakes, changed the knobblies to Schwalbe Super Moto-X and it has gone completely, so obviously a resonance thing on tarmac....

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased the RockRider eST900 and I am very impressed with this bike apart from riding on the flat and downhill.

After reading the opinions on this forum, I decided to change the chainring to a 38t one. I didn’t realise beforehand that this was quite a challenge!.

I took my bike to the local bike shop and they removed the crank arm fairly easily, then used the tool mentioned elsewhere to remove the lock ring. Then the spider should have slid off but was stuck solid, after several attempts they used some sort of bearing puller to remove it. Finally it was off but the chain bolts were absolutely stuck. The mechanic said that they had probably used industrial strength loctite when installing the bolts. A long soak in hot water finally released the bolts. The Deckas chainring I had purchased looked very flimsy compared with the one removed, I hope it is strong enough. The mechanic was concerned beforehand that the chain might not be long enough but it was just ok. Finally, I took the bike on a test run and it worked fine, the extra gear was worth the effort.

If you are thinking about changing the chainring then I would certainly recommend a local bike shop unless you have the knowledge and equipment to attempt it yourself. I was charged £15 which I thought was very reasonable.
Exactly the same today for me! Changed to 38t chainring, same issue but didn't need a soak but was very stiff. Also got tyres changed for £28.50 in total.

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK

Worth it !
BeBiker thanks for all your posts - really helpful andf I have followed some advice so I am now happy with my set-up. Where did you find the lightweight charger?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The small light charger is the one from the E-st100 or E-st500.
Those also have smaller, but compatible batteries.

It's my pleasure to post here, I learnt a lot here too !

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Very pleased with Rockrider E ST 900, have read around on here and used the advice. Wanted an “e-SUV” for up to maybe 20 miles local trips for
shopping, pub runs.etc in a hilly area, have a Nomad (analogue) tourer for when I want to beast myself. Changed chainring to RaceFace 38t, added pannier rack (and panniers I already had), SKS wide mudguards, bar end mirror (I think essential for narrow roads around me) and changed tyres to Schwalbe Super Moto-X. Plus lights and alarm. Best thing was that the tyre change to “road+“ tyres entirely got rid of the annoying metallic, obviously resonance driven, noise that came in at 20kmh+. Second best thing is that the panniers easily fit it a case of 18 cans of beer!!

7EC5354B-821E-429F-84A3-7065388103EF.jpeg

3AB5BADB-F18D-4E77-8204-F59C28E000B8.jpeg

46C8C2AE-B9C0-42F8-986F-9BFB18A35A23.jpeg

Last edited:

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Very basic questions....1. My grips are a bit lower than I would like relative to saddle (I need saddle slightly higher than normal due to stiff knee), maybe 5cm...can you fit spacers or would you go for riser bars / angled stem or a combination of the two? 2. Secondly how the hell do you get the cap off the headset? I have fiddled with it and can get a little lateral movement in what seems to be the cover but dont want to break anything - how does it come off?!! Apologies in advance for such a basic question!

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Very basic questions....1. My grips are a bit lower than I would like relative to saddle (I need saddle slightly higher than normal due to stiff knee), maybe 5cm...can you fit spacers or would you go for riser bars / angled stem or a combination of the two? 2. Secondly how the hell do you get the cap off the headset? I have fiddled with it and can get a little lateral movement in what seems to be the cover but dont want to break anything - how does it come off?!! Apologies in advance for such a basic question!
I would personally go for a riser bar
You have few heights to choose from also you can adjust your reach aswell

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Sorted.....I had been trying to remove the larger headset cover not realising the small rubber cap in the middle.....FFS!! Grips changed, Bars changed from OEM "angled upwards" to "raised then flat" and angled stem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles