ABMichal

Jul 18, 2023
Česko
Someone will probably kill me, because this is a “repost” of my post that i made yesterday and no one has answered. So i hope this time someone helps. :D

Hi, i still have a problem with creaking crank arm?! Well my bike was creaking a lot and i have checked bolts on motor and they seem fine (even though i f*cked one small bolt). Well i kinda found out that the creaking comes from the crank arm bolt, yesterday i have torque it somehow and well it almost worked like a charm, it still creaked but rarely and very little. But as i know it was crank bolt i have borrowed a moment wrench. Put 40Nm there and… it started squeaking. And as i put more Nm it starts to be stiff and when i put less it starts to creak and squeak. Im lost!
Anything that i can do about it?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Take the crank arms off and put a bit of grease on the splines. It also seems like the bolt could do with a tiny bit also. Try that and see how it goes 👍

Jasonr6

Sep 8, 2023
Kent
Someone will probably kill me, because this is a “repost” of my post that i made yesterday and no one has answered. So i hope this time someone helps. :D

Hi, i still have a problem with creaking crank arm?! Well my bike was creaking a lot and i have checked bolts on motor and they seem fine (even though i f*cked one small bolt). Well i kinda found out that the creaking comes from the crank arm bolt, yesterday i have torque it somehow and well it almost worked like a charm, it still creaked but rarely and very little. But as i know it was crank bolt i have borrowed a moment wrench. Put 40Nm there and… it started squeaking. And as i put more Nm it starts to be stiff and when i put less it starts to creak and squeak. Im lost!
Anything that i can do about it?
I have the same problem it’s the problem been informed it’s the case of new lower frame 🤦🏻

IMG_4085.jpeg IMG_4084.jpeg IMG_4083.jpeg

Paulcampbell65

Apr 21, 2024
Canberra
mines not a frame creak but a similar intermittent bearing type squeak on forward stroke rhs - crank area - will have to go thru dealer to try for a warranty - as i only have 1000klm on it - is it 2 years or more?
i just know it will be no fault found or heard!!!!!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles