Cube Reaction Pro 500

thehornets

Jan 4, 2021
Herts
Hi , does anyone have the torque settings for my pro 500, the left crank keeps coming loose and the motor creaking a bit, thanks...

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
If it’s a gen 2 (small front sprocket) I tighten my cranks to 40nm. This is below the recommended 56nm but I’ve never had them come loose. The torque setting is normally found on the bolt somewhere.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Do u know the torque settings for the motor, im going to tighten it all up in one go ...thanks

I’ll find the ones I used and get back to you
Do u know the torque settings for the motor, im going to tighten it all up in one go ...thanks

Yes I do

I remember tightening the larger bolts to 24nm as that was the limit of my wrench.

the smaller torx bolts i tightened them up to a touch over 11nm. Problem solved. Not heard a creak since

I’ve posted a picture of some useful torques below which someone posted on here.
E25B9A53-C21A-422C-B511-65E3C23743DA.jpeg

the creak was really annoying and it took me ages to work out where is was coming from.

I think what happens is the motor bracket is bolted on to a painted frame and the paint compresses over time. This allows some movement to develop and hence the creak. Not heard anything since.
Good luck!

thehornets

Jan 4, 2021
Herts

Yes I do

I remember tightening the larger bolts to 24nm as that was the limit of my wrench.

the smaller torx bolts i tightened them up to a touch over 11nm. Problem solved. Not heard a creak since

I’ve posted a picture of some useful torques below which someone posted on here.
View attachment 49538

the creak was really annoying and it took me ages to work out where is was coming from.

I think what happens is the motor bracket is bolted on to a painted frame and the paint compresses over time. This allows some movement to develop and hence the creak. Not heard anything since.
Good luck!
Thanks again for your help , I'll let you know how i get on next week.

thehornets

Jan 4, 2021
Herts
[/QUOTE

Yes I do

View attachment 49538

Good luck!
Thanks for your help, i took it round to a friend who repairs bike and he torqued it all up for me. Went out today for a ride and its running sweet...thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles