Reaction hybrid Pro 500 (2019) v Reaction hybrid Race 500 (2019) ?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
whitch one? 120, 140 or 160.
Maybe the 140 29´ is the swet spot.
The race specs is very good for the job.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
I was going to say for fire track and road, get the cheapest of the two.

That said, the pro has a very basic coil fork. Those things are just heavy pogo-sticks. The Race has a much better air fork. So I'd go for the Race.

The Race's gears are better too, but I wouldn't mind the Pro's 10 speed Deore anyhow.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I was going to say for fire track and road, get the cheapest of the two.

That said, the pro has a very basic coil fork. Those things are just heavy pogo-sticks. The Race has a much better air fork. So I'd go for the Race.

The Race's gears are better too, but I wouldn't mind the Pro's 10 speed Deore anyhow.

Thanks,

Wife ordered the Access Pro 500 (2019) and I went for the Race today. The price reductions for the 2O19 models were just too good to resist.

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
I bought the pro 500 last Christmas, good bike except the fork.
After 3 rides I mounted a Judy gold air , way better.
Mary front tyre improved handling , riding the 29 inch version :)
Also Beekeeper if you find the bikes a bit harsh install a sr suntour seat post there great , first I got an expensive cane creek , not worth it get the suntour;)

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I bought the pro 500 last Christmas, good bike except the fork.
After 3 rides I mounted a Judy gold air , way better.
Mary front tyre improved handling , riding the 29 inch version :)
Also Beekeeper if you find the bikes a bit harsh install a sr suntour seat post there great , first I got an expensive cane creek , not worth it get the suntour;)

Was it difficult to change the fork?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Nope I had 24 years a bicycle store so... if you look yt you ll find videos I think. You need 1 specific tool for removing the bottom ring from the old fork. Tool is around 25€.
Hope this helps :)

We only plan to use light gravel tracks / roads / bridleways so hopefully the Suntour front forks will be ok for that. We have really comfortable gel seats from our normal bikes we will use. The ebikes have 29inch 2.6 plus tyres which should also help absorb some of the bumps ?

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Look out for the Suntour pos fork, it is not tapered so you will need a new bottom headset as all decent forks comes with 1 1/2” bottom and 1 1/8” top headset.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
We only plan to use light gravel tracks / roads / bridleways so hopefully the Suntour front forks will be ok for that. We have really comfortable gel seats from our normal bikes we will use. The ebikes have 29inch 2.6 plus tyres which should also help absorb some of the bumps ?
Trust me, with your wife on that bike it will be like riding a rigid fork. The coil setup is so hard that it is practically impossible to set it up correctly. My advice is to look for some of the very good offers here from when people are upgrading their forks, absolutely anything will be better!

Karsten

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Trust me, with your wife on that bike it will be like riding a rigid fork. The coil setup is so hard that it is practically impossible to set it up correctly. My advice is to look for some of the very good offers here from when people are upgrading their forks, absolutely anything will be better!

Karsten
Maybe it’s not too late to change the order for the wife as her bike hasn’t arrived yet. £300 more for the Race version which has the RS air forks and better gears / cassette

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Maybe it’s not too late to change the order for the wife as her bike hasn’t arrived yet. £300 more for the Race version which has the RS air forks and better gears / cassette
For the ease I would do it, not so much for the better gears but the fork. However for 300£ you can get an even better fork than the one on your bike, this for example:

2019 FOX FOX 34 RHYTHM, 29", FLOAT SPRING, GRIP E-BIKE DAMPER, 51MM OFFSET, 150MM TRAVEL: 299€ - EMTB Forums

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles