2021 cube reaction hybrid pro

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
I don’t think it matters too much. It’s designed to allow any water to drain away.

Just as well. Went for a cycle today, lots of puddles about. About 4 miles in before i noticed id forgot to put the battery compartment cover on. Battery got a good soaking.

Would like if there was an attachment point on the cover and a bit on the bike so it is attached loosely with a short cord etc,so you can remove it, but it not be totally seperate from the bike.

Cycled without it today, and have left it on my van bonnet before when finished, then drove off. Wondered what it was that blew up over the windscreen, and then remembered. Gotta make a checklist now when setting off and packing up !

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
For tarmac / fire roads they are fine but rough terrain they don’t feel good at all. Reminds me of riding a pogo stick while carrying a bag of nails

Ive got the suntour xcm 100mm travel on mine. Ive never had a decent bike, the battery for the cube cost more than my 2 previous bikes put together, so i have no reference for how good or bad the suntours feel.

It does feel like im going to be shaken loose going over rough ground, arms get sore holding on sometimes with the vibration.Always assumed thats just how it is.

So with the mention of these forks being bad, im wondering how big a difference i would feel if i upgraded to something else.
Being googling a bit since reading this, and it seems i could save a decent bit of weight also, which would be nice.

Probably one of the biggest upgrades i could make to the bike?, so i might consider it.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Ive got the suntour xcm 100mm travel on mine. Ive never had a decent bike, the battery for the cube cost more than my 2 previous bikes put together, so i have no reference for how good or bad the suntours feel.

It does feel like im going to be shaken loose going over rough ground, arms get sore holding on sometimes with the vibration.Always assumed thats just how it is.

So with the mention of these forks being bad, im wondering how big a difference i would feel if i upgraded to something else.
Being googling a bit since reading this, and it seems i could save a decent bit of weight also, which would be nice.

Probably one of the biggest upgrades i could make to the bike?, so i might consider it.

I’m pretty sure the RockShox Silver Judy would be a straight swap for the Suntour. It’s got 100mm travel. Wife and I have basically the same bike but one with the Suntour and one with the RockShox.
Jumping up and down a road curb on the RockShox seems pretty smooth but on the Suntour it’s very harsh and feels like it’s about to break despite it having beefy 34mm stanchions. The RockShox only has 30mm stanchions but feels a lot stronger.

Fuzz

Jun 2, 2020
Yarrahapinni, NSW, Australia
Just as well. Went for a cycle today, lots of puddles about. About 4 miles in before i noticed id forgot to put the battery compartment cover on. Battery got a good soaking.

Would like if there was an attachment point on the cover and a bit on the bike so it is attached loosely with a short cord etc,so you can remove it, but it not be totally seperate from the bike.

Cycled without it today, and have left it on my van bonnet before when finished, then drove off. Wondered what it was that blew up over the windscreen, and then remembered. Gotta make a checklist now when setting off and packing up !

I had to buy a new cover too, after it fell off while riding. I then cut off the rubber nipple of the new one, pierced a small hole through the face of it with a pen, and threaded a cable tie(zip tie) through the cover, and laced it through the frame where the rubber nipple usually goes. No way to lose it now...

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
I’m pretty sure the RockShox Silver Judy would be a straight swap for the Suntour. It’s got 100mm travel. Wife and I have basically the same bike but one with the Suntour and one with the RockShox.
Jumping up and down a road curb on the RockShox seems pretty smooth but on the Suntour it’s very harsh and feels like it’s about to break despite it having beefy 34mm stanchions. The RockShox only has 30mm stanchions but feels a lot stronger.

Its something ill keep in mind as a possible upgrade.Most of the time its fine, but down faster rough stuff its pretty rough..

I had to buy a new cover too, after it fell off while riding. I then cut off the rubber nipple of the new one, pierced a small hole through the face of it with a pen, and threaded a cable tie(zip tie) through the cover, and laced it through the frame where the rubber nipple usually goes. No way to lose it now...

I was lucky not to have to buy a replacement, reversed back along the road a bit and found it :)

Sounds good, was considering something like that, but not got around to looking at it yet. Wanted to find somewhere to put a hole that wont let water in also. Theres 2 plastic locators at the bottom of mine that might be worth putting a small hole through and doing similar with a cable tie.
Not sure what bit you mean by rubber nipple, but maybe we have different guards, or im misunderstanding.

Fuzz

Jun 2, 2020
Yarrahapinni, NSW, Australia
Its something ill keep in mind as a possible upgrade.Most of the time its fine, but down faster rough stuff its pretty rough..

I was lucky not to have to buy a replacement, reversed back along the road a bit and found it :)

Sounds good, was considering something like that, but not got around to looking at it yet. Wanted to find somewhere to put a hole that wont let water in also. Theres 2 plastic locators at the bottom of mine that might be worth putting a small hole through and doing similar with a cable tie.
Not sure what bit you mean by rubber nipple, but maybe we have different guards, or im misunderstanding.

Sorry, mine's a 2020 model, theres a small hole next to the charge port hole, which receives a small protrusion moulded into the cover itself (which I'm calling a nipple). The cover hangs off this nipple only when it's being charged. Trouble is, if the cover isn't secured properly, this nipple gives way and the cover falls off. It's a disappointing design from the Germans...

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
Anyone fitted a dropper post to the hybrid reaction?

Considering one, but wondering how hard it is to fit/route the cable?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles