2020 CUBE REACTION HYBRID PRO 625 29

J200George

Jun 14, 2020
Glasgow United Kingdom
Hi all I’m interested in buying one of these bikes. It’s up for sale locally to me.

Not much of a saving from new but it’s barely done any miles.

Will it have the latest Bosch motor and how can I tell?

also would 15” be considered “small” or extra small”?

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The easiest visual clue is that the Gen4 motor has a normal sized chainring and the older Gen 2 motor had a tiny little chainring which rotates at a different speed to the pedals.

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Ah I’ve answered my own question. No warranty to second owner. Oh well I guess you pays your money, you takes your choice. Not seeing it as much of a risk mind you in comparison to the specialized bikes and those brose motors. Battery is like new and scanning this thread there are not too many reports of issues. Going to see the bike tomorrow. I’ll hopefully get a short ride to ensure that there’s no obvious issues.
I have the 2021 model and the bikes been great. Good range and I love the Bosch motor. I have had mine since October and I have had no issues in over 800 miles. I have changed the forks for a set that are a kilo lighter and changed the tyres to tubeless so far. You would be saving £500 on a new one (if you can get one), so not to bad.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Thinking of changing out the original forks.

Will these do? Only 100mm travel but they are bound to be a good bit lighter. I won’t be doing jumps or significant drop offs just trail riding really.

View attachment 64710

Check the axle measurements of your current bike.
My cube reaction hybrid race has 15x110 and has rockshox Silver Judy 100mm travel

Wife has the lower spec reaction access with Suntour 100mm travel forks and the axle is also 15x110 so basically a straight swap.

There are a few people on here with Cube reactions who have upgraded to Judy Silver or Judy Gold from the Suntour.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Proud new owner. The bike is in mint condition. Now to try and decipher the manual…. Is there an app that connects to the Bosch motor? How do I find out of it has the most up to date firmware?

I believe you Turn on, whilst simultaneously holding down the + & - buttons. You can then scroll through the data.
If version 1.1.0.0 or later you have the 85Nm update.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles