Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro trekking adaptation for winter use

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
When I got my bike I had a plan to use it stripped back for summer off road blasts and then in the winter use it more sedately as a trekking bike. So I have bought some Cube Acid mudguards and a rack and refitted the prop stand it came with. They were a bit of a fiddle to fit, the rear guard has to be drilled in the right places and I adapted the rear stay fixings to go on the front as you don't need stays fitted to rear if you have the rack. The mudguards and rack are both of good quality and I'm rather pleased with the results. I was even allowed to bring the bike into the study to do the work in the warm and dry!

IMG_2026.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2032.jpeg

IMG_2033.jpeg

PablitoDeRoma

Nov 14, 2020
London
I really like it, got mine in the grey colour. Installing the mudguard was tricky but not difficult. Had to shorten one of the stays as it was too long for the front mudguard.
I know added the rack, however, bikester.com sold me a wrong rack which it's meant to fit a 27.5 bike (I realised this too late) . I managed to fit it by bending the rack in some points and by removing the little adapter and by cutting in half the big adapter. The issues was that on the website the title of the product it's for a 29" on the label attached to the rack it says that it also good for a 29" but in reality it's not.
I'll post some picture later.

Hey Peter, did you have difficulty installing the rack? Did you have to make any alterations to fit it?

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
Hi, yes. I had to cut a fair bit off the front mudguard stays. I also had to cut down the plastic block at the rear of the rack shown in one of the photos. I went out for a very muddy off-road ride on Friday and the mudguards made a massive difference. They didn’t clog up either. It was also a very rough route and everything stayed in place and rattle free.
I really like it, got mine in the grey colour. Installing the mudguard was tricky but not difficult. Had to shorten one of the stays as it was too long for the front mudguard.
I know added the rack, however, bikester.com sold me a wrong rack which it's meant to fit a 27.5 bike (I realised this too late) . I managed to fit it by bending the rack in some points and by removing the little adapter and by cutting in half the big adapter. The issues was that on the website the title of the product it's for a 29" on the label attached to the rack it says that it also good for a 29" but in reality it's not.
I'll post some picture later.

Hey Peter, did you have difficulty installing the rack? Did you have to make any alterations to fit it?

5F344C48-1243-47B8-8D2A-7FCD36770CF0.jpeg

Last edited:

gavcav

May 25, 2021
Leeds
When I got my bike I had a plan to use it stripped back for summer off road blasts and then in the winter use it more sedately as a trekking bike. So I have bought some Cube Acid mudguards and a rack and refitted the prop stand it came with. They were a bit of a fiddle to fit, the rear guard has to be drilled in the right places and I adapted the rear stay fixings to go on the front as you don't need stays fitted to rear if you have the rack. The mudguards and rack are both of good quality and I'm rather pleased with the results. I was even allowed to bring the bike into the study to do the work in the warm and dry!

View attachment 43420

View attachment 43421

View attachment 43422

View attachment 43423

View attachment 43424

View attachment 43425
Hi, how is the rear mudguard attached to the frame at the bottom bracket area please? i've just bought a set of this type of acid mudguards and fitted, but i cannot secure it at this point because they are supposed to be secured by a bolt. However, my bike does not have anywhere i can fit a bolt at this position of the frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles