Cube 160tm 750w battery not impressed? What peoples thoughts on the 750w system?

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
53C7D280-416D-4956-98B3-943AC28F98BF.jpeg
Coming from a 2021 cube 160sl 625w ….. 1st ride on my local trails to say I’m disappointed with the battery is a understatement 🤦🏽‍♂️

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Coming from a 2021 cube 160sl 625w ….. 1st ride on my local trails to say I’m disappointed with the battery is a understatement 🤦🏽‍♂️
There's a few threads on this. There seems to be a firmware issue where the kiox/battery incorrectly calculates/shows range so a lot of people only seem to be getting similar to their 625's at the moment. Bosch are apparently working on it..

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
Dunno what the issue is with your ride but the 750 on my 22 Regin E0 is absolutely astounding ! 😎
My friend has same bike as you glad to here love it 👍🏽
There's a few threads on this. There seems to be a firmware issue where the kiox/battery incorrectly calculates/shows range so a lot of people only seem to be getting similar to their 625's at the moment. Bosch are apparently working on it..

That’s interesting….. I never look at the range just go by battery %. Be nice to see some improvement shelling out for a new bike 🤦🏽‍♂️

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
…1st ride on my local trails to say I’m disappointed with the battery is a understatement 🤦🏽‍♂️
The first few rides I had the impression the 750wh was depleted faster than the 500wh of my Rockrider.
After a few rides, charges, everything is ok now.
No firmware upgrades, no settings changes,...

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
I’ve got the same bike and pretty sure it’s ok.
Only done three rides on it so far but everyone says it takes a while for the bike to calibrate to your riding etc then I’m sure it’ll start to increase.

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
I have the 140 TM 750. First emtb so no comparaison for me but. I ride with my girlfriend that have the 140 625 and i can se that even if she is on turbo and me on eco and tour+ my battery discharge kicker as her. She lighter but i'm fit too and i was thinking that if im on eco mode i should last longer... but no... it's was for now 2 short trail (30-40km) so have too see on the futur

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
I have the 140 TM 750. First emtb so no comparaison for me but. I ride with my girlfriend that have the 140 625 and i can se that even if she is on turbo and me on eco and tour+ my battery discharge kicker as her. She lighter but i'm fit too and i was thinking that if im on eco mode i should last longer... but no... it's was for now 2 short trail (30-40km) so have too see on the futur
I see so yours is discharging quicker then a 625w also ! This is really disappointing. I ride with a lot of friends with a 625w Bosch bike and yes it does discharge same or faster then there’s.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I see so yours is discharging quicker then a 625w also ! This is really disappointing. I ride with a lot of friends with a 625w Bosch bike and yes it does discharge same or faster then there’s.

How many rides have you done on it?

People seem to be reporting it gets better with time, but I'd be interested to hear from someone coming from a 625Wh to 750Wh Bosch.
I'd be expecting another 20% of range or so?

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
For now i have done +500km with this 750 cube 140 TM… i never have a look a the range but only at the %… And my battery (in eco and tour+) discharg kicker as the 625 cube from my girlfriend in turbo. I give a precision, she’s lighter yes but she have smaller wheel. She have an xs frame. In descend, with no power at all i go faster, i think it’s come from the wheel size.
I think there is too much people with suspicion, not only in this forum. So i slowly think that this new battery have poor « battery » inside or maybe that there is some « bad » battery inside the battery pack…

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
How many rides have you done on it?

People seem to be reporting it gets better with time, but I'd be interested to hear from someone coming from a 625Wh to 750Wh Bosch.
I'd be expecting another 20% of range or so?
2 rides I also have a 2021 cube 160sl with 625w which I ride same routes a lot and I know what % I’m at on points of ride. The 750w is definitely not as efficient.
For now i have done +500km with this 750 cube 140 TM… i never have a look a the range but only at the %… And my battery (in eco and tour+) discharg kicker as the 625 cube from my girlfriend in turbo. I give a precision, she’s lighter yes but she have smaller wheel. She have an xs frame. In descend, with no power at all i go faster, i think it’s come from the wheel size.
I think there is too much people with suspicion, not only in this forum. So i slowly think that this new battery have poor « battery » inside or maybe that there is some « bad » battery inside the battery pack…

I’ve just had a call from the shop they tell me my bike is on latest software and that I need to run the bike for 5/6 cycles to see the improvements compared to a 625w bike.
there must be know issues with the 750w Bosch smart system. Frustrating.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
@jempezen it's hard to compare when it's with you're GF. Her lighter weight will make a big difference on the amount of climbing she can do, and you being heavier will mean you are faster DH.

If you could borrow her bike for a day, then do the same loop on your bike that will be a good test!

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I have a Rail 9.8 750wh and a Rail 9.8 625wh.
The 625 appears to match the 750 down to about 50% but then the 625 drops fast, where the 750 drops much slower.
The 750 easily gets 20% more range and keeps full power for much longer.
You can feel the 625 gets weaker at 40% where as the 750 status strong to about 10%.

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
I have a Rail 9.8 750wh and a Rail 9.8 625wh.
The 625 appears to match the 750 down to about 50% but then the 625 drops fast, where the 750 drops much slower.
The 750 easily gets 20% more range and keeps full power for much longer.
You can feel the 625 gets weaker at 40% where as the 750 status strong to about 10%.
That’s a good positive reply I’ll keep testing see how it goes

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Riding since Dez2021 a 140 hybrid 750wh against several Cube ebikes (650wh and 750wh) and comparing remaining juice btw bikes. My conclusion is that there are allways mixed factores impacting consumption (like rider weight, fitness / rider output (and used assit level), riding style, etc) . But at the end ,bikes with 750wh tend to have more remaing juice than bikes with 650wh (also ##% remainig of 750 is more than the same ##% of 650) . So, bigger batery provides in average more range as expected.
My Eco mode is also chaged from factory parameters to have a litle more assist level. The Tour+ is diferent from Tour and supose drains some more juice .

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
Riding since Dez2021 a 140 hybrid 750wh against several Cube ebikes (650wh and 750wh) and comparing remaining juice btw bikes. My conclusion is that there are allways mixed factores impacting consumption (like rider weight, fitness / rider output (and used assit level), riding style, etc) . But at the end ,bikes with 750wh tend to have more remaing juice than bikes with 650wh (also ##% remainig of 750 is more than the same ##% of 650) . So, bigger batery provides in average more range as expected.
My Eco mode is also chaged from factory parameters to have a litle more assist level. The Tour+ is diferent from Tour and supose drains some more juice .
Yes I agree but definitely not seeing a 15/20% improvement in battery life over a 625w bike.

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
I just bought a Mondraker Crafty RR with the Gen4 Bosch system/750wh battery and the power is incredible but the range is not that great. I hope it gets better. I’ve had a lot of ebikes and the gen3 Bosch system in the Rail w/625wh battery had the same range as my Brose powered 22 Levo w/700wh battery. I expected the new system with a 750wh battery to go way further but it’s the same as the Levo. I’m thinking Bosch sacrificed efficiency for power with the gen4 system.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I just bought a Mondraker Crafty RR with the Gen4 Bosch system/750wh battery and the power is incredible but the range is not that great. I hope it gets better. I’ve had a lot of ebikes and the gen3 Bosch system in the Rail w/625wh battery had the same range as my Brose powered 22 Levo w/700wh battery. I expected the new system with a 750wh battery to go way further but it’s the same as the Levo. I’m thinking Bosch sacrificed efficiency for power with the gen4 system.
Seriously hang in there, it gets much better, I don't fully understand what's going on with the smart system, whether it's the battery needing a few charges or the software sorting itself out, but at about 400 miles on my 22 Rail I am more than happy with the range.
Last week I did a 32 mile ride with 5600ft of climbing, and still had about 30% battery left and that was using about 30% tour, 50% emtb and 20% turbo.
My friend who was with me has a 2020 Levo with 700wh battery, he weighs about 15kg less than me and was using a mixture of trail and eco and he ran out, I had to push him up the last hill.

Screenshot_20220709-145515_Strava.jpg

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex

The power is the same as the gen 4 625w there all 85nm.
im in the same boat as you. I don’t understand how a 15% bigger capacity battery does the same or less range then the 625w
My bikes back at the store as it has several issues. I’ll look forward to see if your range improves.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I think you should give it a while my current bike has 625 Batt and barely 500 miles although 173 with motor off, I am finding the battery getting better every week I hardly need to charge (not done any long rides recently). I think with the bosch battery the more hours the more efficient the cells get, of course this is just a guest and feedback from others. I am going out this morning batt on 49% may do around 90 mins Newmillerdam then home normally I would charge but confident of getting 15-25 miles from this which I was not at first due to the estimate being so low. It will get better or Bosch will resolve issue if there is one.

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
I have two bikes; one with the Bafang m620 (1,000 watt) motor and a Luna with the M600 (750 watt) The batteries are interchangeable (625wh) I ride a 16 mile singletrack on assist level 1 on the m620 and have 19% battery remaining. I ride the same course on the Luna m600 on assist level 6 and have 70% remaining. Assist level 6 is only slightly more powerful that level 1 on the other bike, so essentially I'm using the same level of assist on both bikes (relatively) but the difference in battery consumption is big!

Luna has their own motor controller for the Bafang and their tuning for it is really refined. The stock Bafang tuning on the m620 however is not so great (Canbus on both). I assume from my experience that the only difference is how the controller is tuned, but what a huge difference in range for the same battery!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
A friend of mine bought a new Cube STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC SL 750 27.5 and we did a long ride together yesterday. 58KM and 1523 m climb. I have a 2020 160 TM with the 625 battery. We were comparing the battery % and initially his went down faster than mine, but as mine got towards the end I overtook him. I got down to 15% at the end where he was at 23 or so. He used more eMTB etc than me.

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
A friend of mine bought a new Cube STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC SL 750 27.5 and we did a long ride together yesterday. 58KM and 1523 m climb. I have a 2020 160 TM with the 625 battery. We were comparing the battery % and initially his went down faster than mine, but as mine got towards the end I overtook him. I got down to 15% at the end where he was at 23 or so. He used more eMTB etc than me.

is his fairly new bike ? Has he done few charge cycles on the 750w battery ?

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Also have a 2022 Crafty and as Paul Mac says (hi Paul!) after initially being disappointed the range has gotten much better. If I do a ride all in emtb and a mate does the same on his 625 bike in tour (not apples for apples but not too far off) I still end up with about 10% more charge at the end. I'm well pleased with the range and gutted I might be selling it

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
is his fairly new bike ? Has he done few charge cycles on the 750w battery ?
Brand spanking new, 2 rides so not really run in / calibrated yet. That is why I mentioned it. It seemed to be going flat faster, but in reality, it wasn't.
My bike has about 6,500 km of rides on it.

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
Brand spanking new, 2 rides so not really run in / calibrated yet. That is why I mentioned it. It seemed to be going flat faster, but in reality, it wasn't.

some decent mileage. Looking forward to getting mine back from The shop. I’ll keep my post updated after few more rides

tonk

Jun 19, 2022
East Sussex
some decent mileage. Looking forward to getting mine back from The shop. I’ll keep my post updated after few more rides

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Interested to see how this thread pans out because I'd like to swap my 2020 Stereo 160 (625wh) for the 2022 version but only if the range turns out to be better, if not I'll stick with the 2020 bike 🤔😎

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles