Cube reaction hybrid slt 750w chargecover broken?

Cubeslt750

Apr 14, 2022
Norway
Anyone else think this 2022 patent is too bad? Only glued onto two tiiiny rubber dots to hold this cover. Must be a problem for many bikes. Mine broke after 3 chargings.
3E866B72-9095-4F16-B171-2FCA2722BEA5.jpeg
B059EE74-CB3C-4A02-8994-C60CEBFF3B35.jpeg

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Yeah exactly the same thing. I've just put a bit of gaffer tape on the back which is holding it in much stronger than before. The whole replacement housing is only about €25 but struggling to find anywhere that stocks it and will send to the uk. I suspect even with a replacement it'll do the same thing.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I’ve never used on bike charging tbh, battery is out of the bike and charged in the house where it’s most comfortable anyway.

Having seen these comments quite regularly I’m glad I don’t charge on the bike.

Cubeslt750

Apr 14, 2022
Norway
The cover is also very loos so wont hold in place. Really bad design. Warrenty on the bike but a new wont fix the problem.

Cubeslt750

Apr 14, 2022
Norway
Yeah exactly the same thing. I've just put a bit of gaffer tape on the back which is holding it in much stronger than before. The whole replacement housing is only about €25 but struggling to find anywhere that stocks it and will send to the uk. I suspect even with a replacement it'll do the same thing.
Do you got the partnumber? Guess i need the cover and the complete sorrounding around the crank.

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
Had My cube a couple of weeks and my door fell off first charge....... It will be going back for its first service so see what they say. Bit of a list for them as the battery cover also fell off first ride and the back wheel went over it.

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
Old thread I know but my Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro has the same problem. The charging cover is really not fit for purpose, when you see the fancy covers on other ebikes for Cube to use a bit of rubber held into a couple of slots by friction alone is going cheap in a big way. I have a large cable tie running around both the frame and the cover to hold it in place and keep the water out.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
My 2020 Cube also has a crappy door. Not broken yet but every time I use it I think it will break off.
My 2020 cover went missing so bought a rubbery 3D-Printed one that attaches with cable ties and its way better than the stock one, it seals nicely so stays closed and doesn't fall off. I bought it from here and can definitely recommend it: Cube Stereo Hybrid Charge Port Cover

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
I tend to use a wet cloth for cleaning the bike with a light hosepiping if necessary so don't remove the battery. The only time I'll remove it is for winter storage when it will come into the house.

Yan

Jan 8, 2023
France
Pareil pour mon réaction Exc 750.
3 charges et cassé, depuis je l ai perdu et j ai du en racheter un à 25€...

Firbee

Mar 17, 2024
Co Durham
Same thing here. Hanging on by a thread and I've only done about 200 miles and charged probably less than 6 times. Not fit for purpose. Tbh I bought the bike online and probably wouldn't have if I'd have seen the quality. Whatever happened to German engineering?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles