Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Build incoming...
IMG_9104 2.jpeg

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I really wish Crestline would offer a frame only option to the rest of the public. :(
Same. I tried to buy one. But no dice. The full build was $22k nzd. All though a full fruit build. It wasnt the build spec I wanted. So I would if had to spend another $5k swapping out parts. That was just too dentist pricey for me.

It's a shame because the 75/50 was my first choice of e bike.

I settled on the Pole Voima which is awesome. But I'm a carbon guy and prefer the crestline geo.......

Maybe in a few years time when I am ready for my second e bike crestline will offer a frame only option.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Any word on pricing?
When I talked to him 4 months ago he was talking around $8k USD. There was some challenges and additional 25% duty with importing a frame only compared to a whole bike into the us. Maybe he has overcome some of those challenges/costs.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
The colour for the frame only option is a silver version of the sram copper build. For anyone in the UK he can get us a frame only as well.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Had a very quick ride today. Basically a hyperbike, it’s crazy good, fast, on rails, race mode is addictive, has controlled travel but loads in reserve. Coil works very well on this suspension curve.

Early days but first impression is it’s pretty superb.

Need to run it for a good couple of days on some enduro / DH tracks really to try and find some stuff wrong with it 😆

Last edited:

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
How good is the standover height? Can you insert the seat tube pretty far?
I have a medium. The standover height is pretty good, though I haven't focused on it to give more meaningful feedback. I wish I could fit a 210mm dropper, but the most I could get in there was the 180mm one-up. It's still fine, but I've gotten used to the longer droppers on my other bikes so I notice it occasionally. I'm also in-between medium and large; if I went with the large, I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue.

How's the motor rattle? Similar to other Bosch CX motors? I can definitely hear a rattle on mine, which bugged me at first but which I've gotten used to (or else it's gotten quieter).

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I have a medium. The standover height is pretty good, though I haven't focused on it to give more meaningful feedback. I wish I could fit a 210mm dropper, but the most I could get in there was the 180mm one-up. It's still fine, but I've gotten used to the longer droppers on my other bikes so I notice it occasionally. I'm also in-between medium and large; if I went with the large, I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue.

How's the motor rattle? Similar to other Bosch CX motors? I can definitely hear a rattle on mine, which bugged me at first but which I've gotten used to (or else it's gotten quieter).
Damn, that's a shame. I'm interested in small and would like 210mm dropper but doesn't look like that could happen

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
Damn, that's a shame. I'm interested in small and would like 210mm dropper but doesn't look like that could happen
Yeah I don’t think so. By the way, when I said “medium” I meant the RH2, which I guess is actually the small since it’s the smallest size. In any case, running a 210mm on the RH-2 exposes a lot of the seatpost.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Had a very quick ride today. Basically a hyperbike, it’s crazy good, fast, on rails, race mode is addictive, has controlled travel but loads in reserve. Coil works very well on this suspension curve.

Early days but first impression is it’s pretty superb.

Need to run it for a good couple of days on some enduro / DH tracks really to try and find some stuff wrong with it 😆

I just got the Ohlins suspension sorted on mine (it took a while). It’s an amazing bike. So balanced and sensitive yet poppy. Setting all my best times on it while having the most fun.

The fact that Troydon nailed this after such a short iteration period is phenomenal.

Chuckles

Feb 16, 2020
Us
I just got the Ohlins suspension sorted on mine (it took a while). It’s an amazing bike. So balanced and sensitive yet poppy. Setting all my best times on it while having the most fun.

The fact that Troydon nailed this after such a short iteration period is phenomenal.
Any tips you can share on how you got yours sorted? Still fiddling with mine, coming from Fox it feels more challenging to me to get it where I want it, albeit the small bump sensitivity does seem better

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
Any tips you can share on how you got yours sorted? Still fiddling with mine, coming from Fox it feels more challenging to me to get it where I want it, albeit the small bump sensitivity does seem better
I know you didn't ask me but I'll chime in anyway. It seems like the general consensus (including from Troydon) is that the second chamber in the fork should be at least 20psi higher than what Ohlins recommends. And in most reviews of the RXF38 I read, folks seemed to add 5-15psi higher than what Ohlins recommends in the main chamber. Ohlins recommends 95psi for my weight and I'm currently running ~102psi. I went all the way up to 110psi and worked my way back down. 110psi actually felt good on a lot of trails but 102psi seemed to be the best compromise for now. The shock I'm less sure about but, at about 165lbs, I'm running ~175psi. It feels a little soft some times, but it balances out the front better for me and I've recently started using the lever (set to the middle position) more regularly. I found the shock surprisingly sensitive to relatively minor changes (<5psi). Also, Ohlins states that all of their adjustments are usable, meaning that it's okay if you're totally open/closed on rebound or compression damping if that feels right to you.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
My advice for fork in general and it's a must on ohlins stuff is you have to get the air spring right first then add compression damping as required.

Here's my settings I'm 103kg

Ohlins rxf 38
20% sag 36mm

Main chamber psi 140
Ramp up psi 245
Hsc open
Lsc 9
Rebound 10 16 available

TTX 2 air
Sag 19.5mm 30%

Main chamber 235psi
Hsc open
Lsc 7 10 available
Rebound 9 11 available

Chuckles

Feb 16, 2020
Us
Thank you all, this helps a ton, obviously I'll be running to the garage to check my pressures as soon as work is done!

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Yes! One question about this though. If you've already filled the ramp up chamber, then the main chamber, and then you want to add a little more ramp up, do you have to empty the main chamber? I'm assuming not but wasn't sure.
It's ok doing little changes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles