Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Honestly these things rip 🤌
20230512_152025.jpg

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
Is the frame for the 75/50 and the 50/75 the same? I know they have different colors and a couple of different components, but if one were to put a 160 fork and 150 shock on the 75/50 and flip the chip, would you essentially have the 50/75?

If so, I assume you can just lower the 180 fork on the 75/50 instead of buying a new fork. But can you also adjust the shock via spacers to get the right stroke for the 150? Thought this would be a a hassle if you want to go back and forth between the two models.

Just curious.
You can do it exactly that way. If you have two air chambers you can make the bike 150/160 or 160/170 or so… may not exact numbers. This is one of the main reasons I bought the bike.

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
Where are you Rob? Chch?

Who cares if it rains.... ride anyway?

Also where is the pic''s or video evidence of these smashing laps..... I want to see!
Nah Invercargill. Bluff hill is pure death in the wet. And I'm not driving to spend a day in the rain.

Will take the goey next ride 👍

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Nah Invercargill. Bluff hill is pure death in the wet. And I'm not driving to spend a day in the rain.

Will take the goey next ride 👍
ok thats cold and wet. Any decent riding on Stuart Island?
Ps, Pure death sounds like my kind of fun!.... max grip tyres, low pressures, cushcore, send it and see.

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
ok thats cold and wet. Any decent riding on Stuart Island?
Ps, Pure death sounds like my kind of fun!.... max grip tyres, low pressures, cushcore, send it and see.
Nah I don't think so, I've never been there though.

Nah it's not great and it just wrecks the tracks. Goes good in the dry though.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Anyone had any issues with their race motor, mine overnight just sounds like a giant grinder now. And with there not been many on the world I'm dreading the wait time when it goes into the shop.

Jhagst

Dec 31, 2021
California Bay Area
Anyone had any issues with their race motor, mine overnight just sounds like a giant grinder now. And with there not been many on the world I'm dreading the wait time when it goes into the shop.
I think you’re going to be fine. Contact Troydon at Crestline, customer service is superb.
Please keep us updated on what happens.

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
This bike is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Hopefully I can get my hands on one before the 2023 Santa Cruz Bullit come out.
I just bought one and wow what a bike. The Santa Cruz bike is bad ass. However the tie breaker is all the adjustments and config options. I had it setup for 150/160 travel and in a couple of weeks I will be hitting some bike parks and it will be setup to 170/180. I also was able to add 5mm to the reach to make it perfect for me. The bike also comes with IMO the best components Etc: Magura MT7s . Hope this helps. Cliff

erikulator

Jun 28, 2023
San Jose
After riding my Crestline 50/75 over the last month I am stoked on how good this bike is!
I think the Crestline is a better offering than any bike near its travel and price range for the vast majority of riders.

Here is a good list of why it’s so good:
  • Bosch motor: Wireless remote and screen is the best out there. Power is top notch as well. Best reliability compared to the other options out there. Bosch is a tier 1 auto supplier so they know how to build quality. Even if there are issues, Bosch has a good service network. Friend has 10K miles on his commuter Bosch motor without 1 issue.
  • Bearings in links: So much easier to service. Why deal with the scary process of removing bearings from a carbon frame?! Plus, better protected from the elements. After owning Santa Cruz bikes for over a decade, I will only buy bikes with bearings in links. Crestline was smart to use VPP for this reason.
  • Removable battery: I find the 750 useful since I don’t have to think about power consumption during a ride and charge the battery less. Less charging cycles will increase battery life. Plus, battery capacity degrades over time. So the 750 will still be more than enough after 5 years of battery degradation. Can also swap from a 750 to 650 watt hour to save 1.5lbs.
  • Adjustable headset: Fine tune if you are between different sizes or like to customize to your riding style. I'm usually between sizes and will probably add 5mm to my bike
  • Adjustable travel: Most bike make you switch links but you can change travel just by switching a flip chip and using a different stroke shock
  • No weak spots in build kits: After riding the bike for a month I don’t have any desire to upgrade any of the parts. The owner of Crestline is an excellent rider and you can tell that he knows which parts are worthy of the frame and pair well with each other

Since Crestline is a limited production company hoping to spread the word for those unaware so they can get in-line for the next batch:)

Last edited:

Chuckles

Feb 16, 2020
Us
You can do it exactly that way. If you have two air chambers you can make the bike 150/160 or 160/170 or so… may not exact numbers. This is one of the main reasons I bought the bike.
How can you shorten the shock and fork length with two air chambers?

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Can i ask a favour from you guys anyone who has the carbon crankbrothers can you tell me the spoke tension of the rear wheel. Mine keep coming loose and i don't know what they should be.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Guys looking at buying another battery. I know the batterys horizontal but do you need the horizontal battery mount or vertical. I've checked my battery and it's mounted vertically but i can't see where the bit on the right actually mounts to on the battery or could i just swap the starp part over ??

Screenshot_20230802_092903_eBay.jpg

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
Guys looking at buying another battery. I know the batterys horizontal but do you need the horizontal battery mount or vertical. I've checked my battery and it's mounted vertically but i can't see where the bit on the right actually mounts to on the battery or could i just swap the starp part over ??

View attachment 121669
Yeah you can just swap the bit on the left over. Just buy another though.
Bosch part number EB1290000F

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles