Converting to Di2 Problem !

LeeBoy

I changed from mechanical to Di2 settings in StepsUnlocker. When I plug in my SW-M9050 XTR right side shifter into the screen everything goes blank and nothing works. Graphics come back when I unplug the shifter wire. Everything is fine with the derailleur wire attached ? Is this the wrong shifter switch for eBikes ? 2019 BMC Speed Fox Amp 2 (love it !), Lee NY USA

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
SW-M9050 is compatible with E8000 motor, I'd try another cable. To not damage the connector, use the Shimano tool TL-EW02

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
SW-M9050 is compatible with E8000 motor, I'd try another cable. To not damage the connector, use the Shimano tool TL-EW02

I don't think that the cable can be detached from the switch side. You may need to try another switch or even take bike to LBS and see if they can do some Shimano reset trick. Can't you set up shifting mode in E-Tube app?

My bike came factory setup with SW-M9050, but I don't like that switch and ordered SW-7000-R rocker switch. Should be plug-and-play swap.

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
Yes you have to have the Shimano program changed first, then the Steps Unlocker. Everything works as promised now. Happy guy..

I don’t still get it. There is an option in StepsUnlocker to change the derailleur between Mech and Electrical. Is it so that it is not enough? Or was there an issue with eg the firmware of the components?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles