Shimano E8000 di2 rear derailleur problems!

22jeffers

Dec 8, 2020
Hertfordshire, England
Hi all,

I bought a second hand Focus Jam2 and have been very happy with it. Only issue is that the previous owner downgraded the di2 rear derailleur for a mechanical one.

I want to put it back to Di2 so bought all the parts but upon fitting my rear derailleur di2 cable to the drive unit I concluded the socket is faulty. A visual inspection shows that the brass pin in the spare di2 port is pushed down further than the others. I’ve confirmed this is at fault as when I plug the display screen into it, the display screen doesn’t come on.

I note there is a a fourth port on the display screen with a dummy plug in it. Does anyone know if I can run the rear derailleur direct from the display screen with a long di2 cable or does it have to come from the drive unit (motor) for power reasons?

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Hi,
Just came cross your post and I'm having similar frustrations with the port in the motor not clicking in fully. Most times, it picks up the derailleur but not always.

I'm trying to figure out if I can bypass the motor all together like you've done. Did you add a di2 battery unit in between or just a loooong cable?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles