Connect daytime running lights to Cannondale Mavaro Neo 4

ictin

Apr 9, 2024
Netherlands
Hi,
I got second hand Cannondale Mavaro Neo 4.
It has a Bosch performance line gen 3 engine.

According to the manual ( https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/...689mavaro-neo-tesoro-neo-trail-neo-omsen.ashx) it has a daytime running light. But the previous owner for some reason cut the wires of the daytime running light.
Now, I will want to reconnect it. But I have no idea how. The manual specify that the functionality of the daytime light is independent of the front and back light and will work when the system is on (not requiring the lights to be on), but the schematic from the manual show the front light connected to the daytime light. The daytime light has 4 wires: 2 in and 2 out fot 6-12v (I don't know why)

When I opened the inside, I see that the input wire from the motor was connected to both front and back light, and no other wires. From what I found in the manual from the sticky post, the motor has output for front and back light, activated from the display, but no connection for continuous power.

I connected the daytime light in to input wires, and is turning on, when I turn on the lights, and the sensor is turning it off when is too dark. But still is not as intended: to turn on independent of the lights during the day.

So the question is: how I can connect the daytime light to have power when I turn on the display?

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
When I opened the inside, I see that the input wire from the motor was connected to both front and back light, and no other wires. From what I found in the manual from the sticky post, the motor has output for front and back light, activated from the display, but no connection for continuous power.
For the Gen3 motor Bosch offers a component connector as part of an ABS. That component connector offers two additional connectors. One is intended for an eShift system and the second one for any other 12V 1A device. Maybe the original owner removed this connector.

You can see a detailed foto on page 240 of the sticky note.

Last edited:

ictin

Apr 9, 2024
Netherlands
For the Gen3 motor Bosch offers a component connector as part of an ABS. That component connector offers two additional connectors. One is intended for an eShift system and the second one for any other 12V 1A device. Maybe the original owner removed this connector.

You can see a detailed foto on page 240 of the sticky note.
I took a look, and the component connector is going into the 12V socket on the active line motor. But for the performance line, the one on my bike, it is specified on page 218 that is requiring a Y cable from the battery that should be used only for ABS or eShift, otherwise it will void the warranty (and I don't think cannondale did something against the warranty). The problem on the performance line is that, according to the manual, there is no 12V auxiliary output, like on the active line.

Probably I will need to take out the cover from the motor, but I am missing a thin screwdriver to reach the last screw...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles