Bosch Gen 4 ebike with pre wiring for lights

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I notice the bike I have on order (Scott Genius eRide 2020) with Bosch Gen 4 comes with cables pre-installed for lights, So has anyone with a new Bosch /gen 4 ebike had lights hard wired in?
I wondered how much drain on the battery a decent light (1000 lumen) up front would have?

Lupine do front and rear lights that look quite nice and are specific for Bosch Gen 4.
Not Cheap, but then if you were to get Hope or Exposure they aren't cheap.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I have a 1000 lumen light plugged in to the bosch motor, it turns on and off via the kiox display , to be honest I only ride a 10 mile loop in the dark around a local park and the drain is negligible at worse and unnoticeable at best.
I have started to run the light on a slightly lower setting though as the full 1000 mode is not needed even in the pitch black.
On a side note I would make sure the light is deffanalty attached to the bosch plug that fits into the motor and not spliced into the wiring anywhere and if you can fit it yourself.

After seeing how the shop had wired mine in by just twisting the wires together and then wrapping electrical tape around it leaves me to distrust in other peoples work ethic's :(

Sig

Oct 10, 2020
Zurich, Switzerland
I notice the bike I have on order (Scott Genius eRide 2020) with Bosch Gen 4 comes with cables pre-installed for lights, So has anyone with a new Bosch /gen 4 ebike had lights hard wired in?
I wondered how much drain on the battery a decent light (1000 lumen) up front would have?

Lupine do front and rear lights that look quite nice and are specific for Bosch Gen 4.
Not Cheap, but then if you were to get Hope or Exposure they aren't cheap.

Just got a Strike eRide 2021 with Bosch Gen 4 and pre-installed cables.

Installed a Lezyne 1000lm front light on it, using the routed cables, however had to take to the LBS for activation (know the wattage and voltage of your lamp - they need to set it as well!) and an upgrade to 85Nm torque.

The front cable is hidden inside the downtube, accessible from the right side. A bit short, however you can attach the light cable to it without issues (best use shrink-tube to protect the splice!).
Cable for the back light comes out back left, just before the rear brake. Got about 15 cm available to splice and re-route. Am not using a back light, have however protected the open cable (it‘s just an unprotected cut) with another piece of shrink-tube.

Would expect the Genius to have the same setup, as the bikes are pretty much identical.

8BCECB08-2C05-43B3-A96C-D0195781C660.jpeg

01B692DA-5F45-42C2-B3DA-533118D95D11.jpeg

62D50723-E486-4C6D-82D6-FEA977B03EE7.jpeg

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I bought same light Lezyne 1000 as you and my ebike is Scott Strike eRide 930 2020 edition, full suspension with the same Bosch Cx gen 4. I'm waiting to go in a bike shop to instal this light in other town because here i don't have one. I already have 7000 km with my ebike and i don't know how often the motor must be cheked in an ebike shop. He wasn't washed with high pressure machine and no rain for me so is supposed to be ok. I have 1.0.2.0 firmware from the factory, ir's an old firmware and i want a new one to receive 85Nm, to stay away from 510 error (i receive already 3 times this error) and i hope that my motor will not become to sensitive to a deristriction cip. Also i don't need Tour + mode because i'm in a long recovery for my left knee. Which update do you have, please ? I heard that 1.1.0.0 was the last ok and 1.1.5.0 is more a downgrade. What do you think ? Also...do you recommend some rear ebike light ? Because i find that is cool to have both lights wired to the battery. Maybe you can help a Scott brother with your adviced. Thank you !

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I bought same light Lezyne 1000 as you and my ebike is Scott Strike eRide 930 2020 edition, full suspension with the same Bosch Cx gen 4. I'm waiting to go in a bike shop to instal this light in other town because here i don't have one. I already have 7000 km with my ebike and i don't know how often the motor must be cheked in an ebike shop. He wasn't washed with high pressure machine and no rain for me so is supposed to be ok. I have 1.0.2.0 firmware from the factory, ir's an old firmware and i want a new one to receive 85Nm, to stay away from 510 error (i receive already 3 times this error) and i hope that my motor will not become to sensitive to a deristriction cip. Also i don't need Tour + mode because i'm in a long recovery for my left knee. Which update do you have, please ? I heard that 1.1.0.0 was the last ok and 1.1.5.0 is more a downgrade. What do you think ? Also...do you recommend some rear ebike light ? Because i find that is cool to have both lights wired to the battery. Maybe you can help a Scott brother with your adviced. Thank you !
Have you moved any further forward with having your lights hardwired in ?.

Im pretty much in the same boat. Got an Exposure Fuse, the bike is a 2021 genius 920, which according to the bike specs is pre wired for lighting.
From reading the above post about the wires simply being twisted together, it seems quite simple to do, just i think the enabling of it by the lbs.

Im on another ebike forum, though to be honest its one of those hub motor orientated places which have a pathological hatred of mid drive motors systems, so i cant get anything other than doom and gloom off them. Be nice to know how others have gotten on doing this.

You would think Scott would do a vid or instruction manual for this. Christ knows we're paying them enough.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles