Performance line CX lights

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I'm sorry if this has already been answered. I did search, couldn't find it.

I'm new to the eMTB scene and bought a Haibike Alltrack 11 with a Bosch Performance line CX motor a month back.
From my petrol-powered enduro bike, I have a Lumonite Navigator2 helmet light that I now also use on the Haibike and a front light. I would like to power it off the bike's battry, using a Lumonite DC-DC converter. The converter is 12V input.

I have read that the Bosch light output is max 18W. However, my light uses 25W on max output. I has several intensity levels, 25W being the highest. All other levels are below 18W. I don't need to use the 25W setting when using the lamp on the Haibike.

Q1: How does the Bosch engine react if the power exceeds 18W? Will it turn off / limit the output (as I hope) or will it get damaged?
Q2: I know that my dealer has to activate the lamp output, but I would like to do the electric work myself. Is there a guide to / picture of the location of the lamp plugs anywhere? Do I have to remove the motor from the frame to get at the plugs? Similar to this thread: Which Socket for Light on Bosch Gen 3 Performance Line

Thanks in advance.
Anders in Norway

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Hi Anders.
I can't answer your question, but I think your only choice is to get the proper light loom as you will probably struggle to find the right connector and see what happens when you fit the light!.
You might have to lower the motor to get the loom in place but it's easy enough and you don't need to disconnect anything.
Ps do that job with the bike upside down 👍

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Hi Anders.
I can't answer your question, but I think your only choice is to get the proper light loom as you will probably struggle to find the right connector and see what happens when you fit the light!.
You might have to lower the motor to get the loom in place but it's easy enough and you don't need to disconnect anything.
Ps do that job with the bike upside down 👍
Thanks! Yes, I plan to buy an OEM Bosch light cable and then splice it to my DC-DC converter cable. These Bosch cables are readily available from several webshops here in Norway, from 20cm to almost 2m length.

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Q1: How does the Bosch engine react if the power exceeds 18W? Will it turn off / limit the output (as I hope) or will it get damaged?
Q2: I know that my dealer has to activate the lamp output, but I would like to do the electric work myself. Is there a guide to / picture of the location of the lamp plugs anywhere? Do I have to remove the motor from the frame to get at the plugs?
A1: The light port will shut down when the load exceeds 18W.
A2: Below is a picture of the non-smart motor. The plugs on the smart system are in the same location, but they are round instead of rectangular. On most bikes you only need to remove the plastic motor cover from the non-drive side to get to the plugs. Normally you can also feed the cable through the battery compartment and around the lower side of the motor without removing the motor.

Bosch CX connectors.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles