Running lights from Bosch gen 4 power port...

Ebikeslife

Jan 3, 2023
New Jersey
The good thing of the gen4smart is that after a few minutes of non-activity, the power is switched off.
So no risk of long power leak when the lights (and/or a converter) are still on.
The good thing of the gen4smart is that after a few minutes of non-activity, the power is switched off.
So no risk of long power leak when the lights (and/or a converter) are still on.
The power on my generation system also turns off after a few minutes of inactivity. That is promising. I just want to confirm that the converter does not cause any parasitic loss even a milliampere level. My thought especially based on your practical experience is that everything will be fine and no switch will be needed.
Just ordered this. I have used their lighting systems for many years. They are bright and the build quality and durability is exceptional.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
... I just want to confirm that the converter does not cause any parasitic loss even a milliampere level. My thought especially based on your practical experience is that everything will be fine and no switch will be needed.
[/URL]
Problems could occur in the transition of turning the bike power on, such converter can draw current spikes then.
The converter I tested here for a few minutes worked fine, didn't have this issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles