Coniston / Torver / Dunnerdale Fells & Walna Scar Road . 20th May '23.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hadn't realised that Phil..and yeah you are right ..and it was because of the Easter School Holidays & The Bank Holiday that the original got postponed ...
This one is slightly different in that it's not during school holidays ..so shouldn't be as busy ..that apart as already mentioned( on our WhatsApp group) I can't ride the following two weekends the first of which has a Bank Holiday also for the Coronation ....and then there is another Bank Holiday at the end of May ..so I'm just trying to fit a ride in where I can ..
I don't really take much notice of these statutory hols anyway as I usually work on the Monday regardless ....
I think I'm probably going ahead as I need to ride "somewhere"
..and would be more than happy to re-visit again if it doesn't suit everyone else ..👍

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Unfortunately postponed ..I had a bit of an off last Thursday while out with Wayne & Richy ..with a pedal inflicted injury ( not flats ) ..3 hospital visits so far and under house rule by errindoors that I can't ride until the wound is fully healed
To be re-visited asap

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Although a good few of the group can't make this due to injury & holidays ..I'm itching to ride this again ..so myself & Wayne are going ahead on 20th May ..
Anyone else interested ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Tony ..once again this may have to go on hold ..I've had 3 rides on a replacement 10 / 50 cassette and its fkd ..this seems to be a recurring problem ..it would appear the freehub wasn't tightened up properly ..so I've been in touch with Whyte customer service ( awaiting reply) for a replacement as this too seems a little tired ( none of this maintenance was undertaken by myself ) ..I'm in the lap of the gods in terms of whether it can get here this week ..Will know better by Thursday ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hi Tony ..there is a very good reason you can't find that ..it was posted on the WhatsApp group page 😂
The parking is where the offroad starts and the tarmac finishes on these maps ..I'm not aware of it put Phil assures me there is parking there ..although not marked as such ..
Sorry for the confusion 😉
Screenshot_20230516_123800_Outdooractive.jpg
Screenshot_20230516_131142_WhatsApp.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Have fun guys, looks like a good ride when I’ve watched a couple of vids. One of the steepest and gnarliest decents in the Lakes apparently
The drop to Seathwaite from memory is more than a bit gnarly too..
My leg is still not fully healed so I won't be putting it in too much danger !
I'm not sure how much it has degraded over the last few years ..but I managed it OK the last time I did it ..🤔

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
Hi Tony ..there is a very good reason you can't find that ..it was posted on the WhatsApp group page 😂
The parking is where the offroad starts and the tarmac finishes on these maps ..I'm not aware of it put Phil assures me there is parking there ..although not marked as such ..
Sorry for the confusion 😉 View attachment 114739 View attachment 114740
1684266068983.png

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
Have fun guys, looks like a good ride when I’ve watched a couple of vids. One of the steepest and gnarliest decents in the Lakes apparently
Its a great ride with a few tricky descents. I can ride most of the route on a good day although I have had an over the bars experience whilst descending on my Honda XR250.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Its a great ride with a few tricky descents. I can ride most of the route on a good day although I have had an over the bars experience whilst descending on my Honda XR250.

Bet that hurt!

Sad day for me today, sold my motorbike. I have zero petrol bikes in the garage now, only peddle (& battery) power!

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Sorry for the confusion 😉 View attachment 114739 View attachment 114740

Be careful how you park there. I believe this was the place where Paddy McGuiness got a parking ticket a couple of weeks ago:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Be careful how you park there. I believe this was the place where Paddy McGuiness got a parking ticket a couple of weeks ago:
It doesn't say anything in the article as to where he parked ..so what makes you think that ?🤔
Edit: Are you referring to this particular spot ...or just Coniston in general ?

Last edited:

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
It doesn't say anything in the article as to where he parked ..so what makes you think that ?🤔
Edit: Are you referring to this particular spot ...or just Coniston in general ?
I have been using this parking spot since the mid 80’s and it has always been free. Having said that the last time I parked there was June 2020 and since then pay and display may have been introduced.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles