Levo Gen 2 Clicking noise from front hub

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
I take it that a clicking noise as the front wheel rotates whilst under rider weight (80kg) is related to a goosed bearing? Anyone recommend replacement or advise ... been recommended Wheels Manufacturing but don’t know part number for a 2019 Levo expert?
tia Robin

FlimFlam

Jan 30, 2020
South West England
Hey Robin - I had to replace my bearings on my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon front wheel. I bought 2 x SKF 61902 2RS 6902 Sealed thin section bearing (15x28x7) from eBay £9.25 each included p&p. My wheel is a Roval 29" standard wheel that came with the bike. I also bought a bearing puller at the same time from eBay - if you want to know which one I bought just pop it in here.

Just so you know my front bearings went rough, clicky and rusty in under a year and I had to replace them - I don't think they use the best quality in the wheels....

Cheers.

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
Could be the caps at the front hub, see here

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I seem to get strange ticking noises when I’m driving as well as riding

71B2BF56-111B-42EE-837E-5609EE889D75.jpeg

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
Hey Robin - I had to replace my bearings on my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon front wheel. I bought 2 x SKF 61902 2RS 6902 Sealed thin section bearing (15x28x7) from eBay £9.25 each included p&p. My wheel is a Roval 29" standard wheel that came with the bike. I also bought a bearing puller at the same time from eBay - if you want to know which one I bought just pop it in here.

Just so you know my front bearings went rough, clicky and rusty in under a year and I had to replace them - I don't think they use the best quality in the wheels....

Cheers.

My Levo is just over a Year old. Today I managed to bottom out the front forks so wondering if that did something? How can I tell if the bearing is worn?

FlimFlam

Jan 30, 2020
South West England
YouTube have a lot of videos on this but in reality its just a case of taking your front wheel off the bike sticking you finger in the axle hole and turning the bearings - you can feel if they are notchy or smooth. It also depends where you ride, how you wash your bike etc... But use you finger and just rotate the bearing and you will feel if it is knackered. But if you are unsure £20 for piece of mind ain't bad (if you have a bearing press handy) - think my puller, press (including the right size bearing press) cost me £33 - Shout out to Braeview_engineering :) so all in cost £53 but now I have the tools to do it anytime.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I checked mine recently......2 years use....and they were fine. I think it is one benefit of removing the front wheel to load onto fork mounts in my van that I regularly regrease the through axle and boost caps..........something I might otherwise not do if the wheel stayed permanently on the forks.

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester

Cheers.
Hi, thinking of replacing rear hub bearing ... do you know what part is required?

Miru

Oct 23, 2020
Romania
Hi, thinking of replacing rear hub bearing ... do you know what part is required?
Check this:

Bearings p/n in the youtube tutorial description

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
Check this:

Bearings p/n in the youtube tutorial description

Sorry, can’t see or it’s not obvious what the bearing part number is or quantity? ?‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles