Kenevo SL Turbo Kenovo SL clicking noise

OldschoolBMXer

May 17, 2022
Sammamish, WA
First time post, long time follower. I have a KSL with under 400 miles. I have noticed a clicking / knocking noise when I'm climbing with Medium load. I only hear it when the climb gets harder. Recently took cranks off to clean and regrease the spindle splines and tighten it back using 50nm.

Wonder if anyone has had this issue come up. Love to hear what you ended up doing. Bringing it back to the shop would be a complete let down. ugh.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
this might sound funny.... but check that your seat is tightened down properly. I had an annoying creak/clicking when climbing and it turned out to be my seat. Also thought it was my motor

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
Did you ever find out what was causing the clicking. I’ve got a kenevo SL that’s done 88 miles and it’s started clicking. Seems to be coming from the drive side when I put pressure on the crank.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Did you ever find out what was causing the clicking. I’ve got a kenevo SL that’s done 88 miles and it’s started clicking. Seems to be coming from the drive side when I put pressure on the crank.
Check your pedals bearings: clean them.

I had same on Levo and turned out that my pedals bearings accumulated some dirt.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
these kinda noises are always hit and miss as it could be a few things that cause it, especially under load.
Check:
  • rear triangle torque bolts
  • rear shock torque bolts
  • crank and chairing torque bolts
  • pedals (my brand new oneup pedals made the most noise ever due to their massive bearings)
  • seat bolts on dropper

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
One more thing to try here is greasing the motor/frame interface and re-torque the motor mount bolts. This solved the same issue on my Creo SL. I had already tried everything else first!!! Any metal to metal interface is always worth greasing as it's bound to flex and make a noise! Lesson learned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles