Kenevo SL New Turbo Kenovo SL 50% off

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm not a particular fan of Speccy bikes, but these look like great value for someone who does.

Turbo Kenvo SL Comp in bright orange £3875, it's an S5.
They also have an SL Expert in bright yellow for £4750, it's an S4
Both are eye-blinding colours.

More importantly, both are currently at 50% off. I had a word with one of the staff and they are brand new, never been raced or rallied. The reason for the 50% discount, when other Speccys are not on sale, is that they have been in stock for too long.

Check the Rutland Cycling website. These particular models were at the Whitwell store (in the UK).

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Maybe the website hasn't caught up. They were at 30% off, they are now 50% off see the pic.
50% off.jpg

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
50% off is in store only. Has been that way for about 6 weeks.
I wonder if they are going to release a Gen 2 Kenevo SL with the new 50 Nm motor? Has anyone heard anything about if / when a new version is going to be released? I like my Kenevo SL, but just not the motor.

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
I wonder if they are going to release a Gen 2 Kenevo SL with the new 50 Nm motor? Has anyone heard anything about if / when a new version is going to be released? I like my Kenevo SL, but just not the motor.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Why would they make a bike that color? These are terrible colors.
That may be why they haven't sold yet!
I guess when you make as many different bikes as Speccy do, finding some unique colours can be a bit tricky.

My first emtb was a Focus Jam2 and the colour was exactly the same as Peugot's Aegean Blue Metallic. This paint chip was completed with just the brush that came in the touch-up paint tube. Ten out of ten for Focus in reducing their paint costs, I just wish they had told me first as it would have saved a lot of looking around.

Paint chip 1.jpg
Paint chip 3.jpg

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
I've recently bought a discounted KSL and the guy there said that they were expecting the bikes with the new motor to be announced around September.

Mine is an Expert S3 in brassy yellow, and was £5700.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Someone posted a pic of one of the 1.2 motor ones in the Levo SL thread.

Link straight to the post / pic...

QuackFU

Apr 25, 2023
USA
My guess is that they are doing away with the Kenevo SL. They just released the new Levo SL and TBH if you are making a "lightweight" ebike, having a longer travel (heavier) bike with the same motor is counter intuitive.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
My guess is that they are doing away with the Kenevo SL. They just released the new Levo SL and TBH if you are making a "lightweight" ebike, having a longer travel (heavier) bike with the same motor is counter intuitive.
There’s a link to the new Kenevo SL about 3 posts above. They’re not doing away with it - it’s due for imminent release.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Where? Thats a Levo thread...
Click on the link, and you’ll see it.
The link takes you straight to the post with a screenshot from the Specialized store of the Kenevo with the 1.2 motor. Actually look rather than questioning it 🙄

QuackFU

Apr 25, 2023
USA
Click on the link, and you’ll see it.
The link takes you straight to the post with a screenshot from the Specialized store of the Kenevo with the 1.2 motor. Actually look rather than questioning it 🙄
Oh you mean the one that's 7 posts down of a black and white SS posted in a Forum in the internet...? Yep that's proof.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Oh you mean the one that's 7 posts down of a black and white SS posted in a Forum in the internet...? Yep that's proof.
7 posts down? The link is straight to it… and the screenshot is directly from Specialized's own website.
Not sure if you saw how Specialized kept ‘accidentally’ leaking pics of the 2023 Levo SL 1.2 for months before it was announced… with the final product being exactly what they leaked?

It’s not the first time, and I’m sure it won’t be the last

Stick with your opinion that they’re going to do away with the Kenevo SL then…

Photo aside… the original has been a very popular bike, and now Spesh are clearing out their old stock. It would suggest an update is imminent.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Yes, really. If you want a longer travel e-bike, buy a longer travel e-bike with a bigger motor. If you have more weight with the same size motor and battery you reach a point of diminishing returns.
Why does a longer travel bike need a bigger motor? The diminishing returns are most noticeable when one tries to use a bike in a manner beyond what it was designed for. A stock Levo SL is an XC/trail bike while a KSL is meant for gravity. A 4 lb difference between my LSL and KLS is not noticed as much as the difference in suspension, on the gravity trails I ride. A bigger motor and/or battery just turns the bike into a plow and you can ride all day. :eek:

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Why does a longer travel bike need a bigger motor? The diminishing returns are most noticeable when one tries to use a bike in a manner beyond what it was designed for. A stock Levo SL is an XC/trail bike while a KSL is meant for gravity. A 4 lb difference between my LSL and KLS is not noticed as much as the difference in suspension, on the gravity trails I ride. A bigger motor and/or battery just turns the bike into a plow and you can ride all day. :eek:
I ride a Levo and Kenevo SL. The Levo motor is great, even though it's a bit heavier. But, I think the Kenevo SL is much more stable when I ride down fast trails with tree roots and rocks or washed out logging roads that are kind of steep. But I'm not a fan of the 35 Nm motor on the Kenevo SL. That's the deal breaker for me. Maybe if it gets the 50 Nm motor I'll have to try it and see how I like it. Overall, if I had to choose one bike, I'd probably go with the Levo.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I ride a Levo and Kenevo SL. The Levo motor is great, even though it's a bit heavier. But, I think the Kenevo SL is much more stable when I ride down fast trails with tree roots and rocks or washed out logging roads that are kind of steep. But I'm not a fan of the 35 Nm motor on the Kenevo SL. That's the deal breaker for me. Maybe if it gets the 50 Nm motor I'll have to try it and see how I like it. Overall, if I had to choose one bike, I'd probably go with the Levo.
Exactly! Pick the bike the suites the place and the type of terrain where you most often ride. Unfortunately, you have just added bananas to the comparison of apples and peaches (Levo, KSL, LSL). I bought and modified my bikes for going downhill and don't mind if it takes a little longer to get to the top. I also don't need to ride all day as my body can only take so much abuse on the DH trails I ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles