Kenevo SL Kenevo SL 50% off RRP UK price

fasterjason

Dec 17, 2022
USA
Conidering a Kenevo SL doesn't have a Brose motor I think it'll be fine.
My bad, been out of the specialized ecosystem a while and did not realize we were talking about the little ebike. Considering that it has a Mahle, it might be ok. I have never really liked the proprietary offerings from Specialized or Trek (mainly in terms of suspension), except the Judy FSX Carbon.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Yeah I just bought an old merida 120 for 3 $ if my partner found out I bought an s works she would bite . Good think she doesn't know about the latest bike I bought. I reckon the shiny s works badge would give me away . She was in the shed with me the other day . Looked at my levo and the new merida . Didn't say a word.
☺️ I stuck with Honda’s so all she saw was a red mxer !

fasterjason

Dec 17, 2022
USA
Why? My Bosch motor failed while parked in the garage!
I have had five bikes with Bosch motors and none of them have failed. Even the two I sold are still going strong. Over the past four years I have only seen one at the shop that has failed, and that was first ride in the parking lot, faulty board. A riding buddy has a Specialzed with a Brose and he is on his fifth or sixth motor. They seem to last him about six months and we ride at the same intensity.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My first eeb with the Gen 2 CX had 4 motors in 2500 miles. My Rail with he Gen 4 CX did 2700 seemingly trouble free miles before I bought a KSL. The next time I got the Rail out of the garage the motor wasn't working. Yes, the Gen 4 CX is more reliable than the Brose but it's not infallible.

Where in the US are you? Local conditions will have a huge impact on longevity.

fasterjason

Dec 17, 2022
USA
Where in the US are you? Local conditions will have a huge impact on longevity.
I totally agree about conditions and longevity. Water ingress seems to be the Achilles' heel of the Bosch motor from what I have read. I stopped riding in wet conditions decades ago, if I can help it. I am in the Piedmont and Blue Ridge on the East Coast (~40-60"" annual precipitation). We close our local trails when they are wet and the places I ride in the Blue Ridge drain pretty well. Honestly I think I have been lucky with my motors for as hard and as much as I ride.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I totally agree about conditions and longevity. Water ingress seems to be the Achilles' heel of the Bosch motor from what I have read. I stopped riding in wet conditions decades ago, if I can help it. I am in the Piedmont and Blue Ridge on the East Coast (~40-60"" annual precipitation). We close our local trails when they are wet and the places I ride in the Blue Ridge drain pretty well. Honestly I think I have been lucky with my motors for as hard and as much as I ride.
gen 4 are better protected but they have grease on each side of the motor that's sole job is to keep moisture from penetrating the bearings on each side of the shaft.

I've never checked mine yet but from what I read it's as simple as taking off the cranks/chain ring, removing a plastic seal on each side and checking the grease behind it is still there.
I was riding for 3 hours in the rain yesterday :D not totally lashing it down but I got soaked, if my bike was out of warranty I would probably take more care to avoid all but light rain though and I refuse to blast through any puddles

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Hey all

Just a heads up that unofficially Specialized dealers are doing both the 2022 Keveno SL Expert and Comp carbon bikes for 50% off the original UK prices at the moment meaning you can get the Expert for £4750 and the Comp for £3750 which are amazing deals IMHO. I'm almost tempted myself to get the Comp for the new warranty but trying to resist!

NOTE The dealers aren't allowed to advertise these prices online so you need to walk into your local one 👍
Thats an offer hard to refuse on an expert...Must be kinda tuff on those folks whove just brought SL's at top notch prices =/

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
^I did, bought my KSL Comp for $9k. I believed when I bought it that price drops would happen, and they would be quite large. However I am quite happy because I have been riding my bike since it came out, and there still really is not anything else out quite like it.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Hey all

Just a heads up that unofficially Specialized dealers are doing both the 2022 Keveno SL Expert and Comp carbon bikes for 50% off the original UK prices at the moment meaning you can get the Expert for £4750 and the Comp for £3750 which are amazing deals IMHO. I'm almost tempted myself to get the Comp for the new warranty but trying to resist!

NOTE The dealers aren't allowed to advertise these prices online so you need to walk into your local one 👍
can you PM me the details of the store that is offering this deal?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
can you PM me the details of the store that is offering this deal?
I posted the same thing a few weeks ago.

Kenevo SL - New Turbo Kenovo SL 50% off

Someone challenged me when they couldn't find it on line, so I posted pics. Then someone else suggested that you had to actually be at the dealer. In my case it was Rutland Cycling in Leicestershire.

I suggest you find out where your nearest dealers are and give them a call.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles