Choosing e-bike

Broke

Apr 14, 2020
Slovakia
Hi All,
I just registered, cause I need help with choosing the right ebike for me. Im aiming for pure enduro riding.
With my budget and preferencies I have these 3-4 candidates:
Merida eONE-SIXTY 8000

Commencal meta power SX 2020 or META Power 29 Team 2020

Canyon Spectral:ON CF 8.0

They all are similar priced - around 5600 eur.

Also I have one special offer from a friend on this bike: BLIZZARD INT2 e90-29 RZ
I can save 1000 eur on this bike, but I didnt find any reviews of it.

Thx for any answer and sorry for my english, im not a native english speaking person ?

Broke

Apr 14, 2020
Slovakia
Actually I ride CTM scroll pro which uses the same frame as vitus sommet, but I want to try different bike geometry and I dont really like the external battery :)

Broke

Apr 14, 2020
Slovakia
I was considering radon too, but 150/140 is not enough for me.
After all reviews and videos, I have to consider another bike - Specialized Turbo Levo Comp. I was against turbo levo, cause of the price and specs for the price, but i have a bike shop which sells them with great service in my town, so its a huge advantage.

So what do you think guys? Turbo levo comp, Merida 8000, Commencal SX or Canyon spectral cf 8.0?

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
If you want something for enduro, i guess you mean “all in“ for the descends, the commencal is clearly the one. It has the slackest angle, the longest reach, the largest travel. While the Canyon and the Merida are already mullets you can gain even more slack by fitting a 27.5 rear wheel on the Meta. I suggest you take a look to the Norco Range 29, bigger battery, descend oriented geometry

geehaw

Nov 17, 2019
Melbourne Australia
I found the e160 9000 better value. Yes it's about 1K more but the upgraded suspension alone is worth it. Either way the Merida 160 range offers a great bike.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I bought my 2020 Levo Comp last September from my LBS. Here's a few thoughts:
Wouldn't buy anywhere else.
Price, expensive, yes but worth it.
Poor spec for the price, still can't understand this view. The only changes I have felt the need for are bell and pedals. Everything else is plenty capable.
As well as buying the bike, you are buying Specialized's and in my case my LBS's excellent support.

Broke

Apr 14, 2020
Slovakia
Ok, i tried few bikes in rl and these are my final choices:

CRAFTY RR ·

Mondraker crafty rr, Turbo levo comp or Trek rail 9.8?

After discounts from local dealers, Mondraker is the cheapest one with the best specs (about 5200€), but highest weight. Turbo Levo comp has the worst specs (5600€) and Trek rail is the most expensive from these three bikes, but its the lightest one (6000€).

I want to buy second battery too and 625wh bosch costs only 700€ instead of specialized 700wh - 1300€.

So Im leaning towards mondraker. Is it a good choice?

Dmurphy48

Dec 25, 2019
Evergreen, co
I have a 2020 turbo levo comp. I got a 10% cash back discount and they swapped the brakes to code r brakes (guide r are terrible brakes for enduro) and I used the cash back to buy a 160mm Lyrik ultimate to slacken the head angle and get some more travel. The Stock wheels are garbage, especially for enduro type trails. Those will eventually be replaced. The bike itself rides great and I will bet that once the snow melts where I ride I will be beating my best downhill times on this bike. My regular bike is a yeti sb150 so it so trail bike. I think it is solid. I probably would have gotten the commencal but was nervous about the range and the motor noise was definitely noticeable vs the levo. I am definitely happy with my choice and I definitely lean towards enduro type riding.

k3rn3l

Apr 25, 2020
Greece
Also I have one special offer from a friend on this bike: BLIZZARD INT2 e90-29 RZ
I can save 1000 eur on this bike, but I didnt find any reviews of it.

Thx for any answer and sorry for my english, im not a native english speaking person ?

I don't know if you tried this too but at least I've been in love with it for three weeks now ... you certainly won't make a mistake in anything you buy in this money but the blizzard is a beast! high-end bike at a price of entry level bikes in other brands. ?

C79BC3B0-AA47-4FF6-BA5D-839051303D2D.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok, i tried few bikes in rl and these are my final choices:

CRAFTY RR ·

Mondraker crafty rr, Turbo levo comp or Trek rail 9.8?

After discounts from local dealers, Mondraker is the cheapest one with the best specs (about 5200€), but highest weight. Turbo Levo comp has the worst specs (5600€) and Trek rail is the most expensive from these three bikes, but its the lightest one (6000€).

I want to buy second battery too and 625wh bosch costs only 700€ instead of specialized 700wh - 1300€.

So Im leaning towards mondraker. Is it a good choice?
yes its a great bike, especially if you get a deal on it. Make sure its the 2020 though with the new motor, and not a discounted older one with the previous motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles