Levo Gen 3 Cascade link threads/discussion/master thread?

RodneyH

May 28, 2023
Orange County
Im not seeing a lot of threads regarding this product, but I'd like to get more info.

I have a Gen 3 Levo, using a Fox Float X shock (stock shock length, NOT the longer shock). I had been blowing thru my travel on the stock link, even when I went slightly above recommended pressures, plus I added a 170mm travel Fox 38, so this link sounded like perfect solution, increase to 160mm travel and have more progression through the range of travel.

Installed it and used the recommended pressure from Cascade. One thing is for sure, Im not blowing through the travel like I had been when bike was stock, BUT this posed other issues, as now my weight tended to be slightly more forward, and I felt like I was using too much of the travel in the forks, and also steepens the head angle too much.

Obviously the solution is to lower the pressure a bit and try again. I was just wondering if anyone else found the cascade recommended numbers to be slightly too high, or if it is just me?

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
How much do you weigh when riding? 200lbs is the max. I am at 200lbs and blow through the shock X2 travel if I am riding hard. I like the feel over the stock link the bike soaks up the hits. Only problem is I am at 300 psi on the shock pressure at 30% sag. Recommended pressure is whatever gets you to 25-30 % sag.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles