Levo Gen 3 Cascade Link 2022+ Levo Long Shock Kit

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hi everyone, I mounted a fox dhx2 2021 230x65 with steel piston, thinking it could be sturdy enough, but unfortunately, after about 6 months, the piston cracked and leaks oil, I found a shock absorber on bikediscount.de, a rockshox superdeluxe ultimate air 2023 at 369 euro and I could not resist, finished assembling now, let's see how it goes ...

philn

Oct 11, 2022
Orange County, CA
I just picked up a gen 3 a couple days ago. Got the comp carbon and put my parts on it. Got the long travel link today and have the E stroia EXT on order. 38 at 170mm, ran that shock on my 2020 levo and it was rad. I thin kit is prob the most durable coil for the yolk style bikes.
Hey Friend! I also just picked up a Gen3 and thinking about the long travel CC link with E-Storia EXT. I am curious, how is your experience so far? Any issues? How does it ride? Also, what is your riding weight and what spring weight did you settle with?

philn

Oct 11, 2022
Orange County, CA
I recently asked PUSH regarding CC Long Shock kit with the 2022 Turbo Levo. This is the response I got

1665525437841.png

Effectively Pushed a potential customer away. Also regarding the CC Long Stroke Kit, I'm currently waiting response from EXT.

Does anyone have any positive experience with Long Stroke kit and a coil? Particularly the E-Storia. From my brief research, I'm inclined to believe the E-storia is the most robust option for the Levo strut-mount link design.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
After reading this thread and looking at cascade's options, why would you spend $378 for long link + $700-$1000 for 230x65 shock for 165MM travel? Why not go for 160MM travel with standard link at $266 with stock 210x55?

That equates to over $1000 more to spend to get +5 mils rear wheel travel.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
After reading this thread and looking at cascade's options, why would you spend $378 for long link + $700-$1000 for 230x65 shock for 165MM travel? Why not go for 160MM travel with standard link at $266 with stock 210x55?

I went back and forth between the 2, ended up going with the regular link. I’m happy with it but still wonder if the long link kit would have been better.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california

I got lucky and sold my stock X2 for $250 more than what I bought a brand new take-off X2 from YT Decoy. The profit partially paid for the long link and my stock X2 was a year old needing service. For me it made sense to go with long link

The 210x55 is highly sought after in my area by Specialized Stumpy owners.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia

More about how the suspension will perform rather than the increase in travel. The longer stroke shock combined with the leverage change means lower pressure/spring rate so the shock doesn’t need to fight against such huge forces than it would with a heavier rider on the standard set up with the 55mm stroke on the edge of its design parameters. More bottom out resistance with the cascade set up too which is something I struggle with on the standard set up.
65mm stroke means the shock can absorb the hits with more composure and control too (that 10mm difference is significant).
Overall a much bigger change than the smaller cascade with standard shock.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
More about how the suspension will perform rather than the increase in travel. The longer stroke shock combined with the leverage change means lower pressure/spring rate so the shock doesn’t need to fight against such huge forces than it would with a heavier rider on the standard set up with the 55mm stroke on the edge of its design parameters. More bottom out resistance with the cascade set up too which is something I struggle with on the standard set up.
65mm stroke means the shock can absorb the hits with more composure and control too (that 10mm difference is significant).
Overall a much bigger change than the smaller cascade with standard shock.
i absolutely agree

as mentioned in earlier in the thread...no more bottoming out

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
i absolutely agree

as mentioned in earlier in the thread...no more bottoming out
So….if I’m not really having too many issues with bottoming out (I’m a lighter rider) would it be worth it over the regular cascade link? I’m running the cascade link with the EXT storia that I had tuned for it.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
So….if I’m not really having too many issues with bottoming out (I’m a lighter rider) would it be worth it over the regular cascade link? I’m running the cascade link with the EXT storia that I had tuned for it.
My friend who is 160lbs has the EXT with long kit. He loves it.

We ride DH and jumps

So you already spent money on an EXT, how much more would the long kit be? Additional $150 or something?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
My friend who is 160lbs has the EXT with long kit. He loves it.

We ride DH and jumps

So you already spent money on an EXT, how much more would the long kit be? Additional $150 or something?
The long link kit is another £370, I think to have the stroke changed on the EXT and a retune I’d be looking at around £400. I could recoup maybe £200 selling the other link, so around £500ish total. It’s a tough choice, wish I could demo one.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
The long link kit is another £370, I think to have the stroke changed on the EXT and a retune I’d be looking at around £400. I could recoup maybe £200 selling the other link, so around £500ish total. It’s a tough choice, wish I could demo one.
I think it would be more of a case by case basis. Expensive to redo all over again. If the regular one is working out for you then probably better to keep it that way.

I know another group of aggressive riders that have DH forks and long link kit on their Levos. I took one of their bikes for a spin and it was awesome. Handling was still really good. Now that park season is over I’m going to have my DH fork serviced then install on Levo during the offseason.

I think the long kit is geared towards enduro or dh set ups. Having the extra plush on long chunky descents really helps. Less fatigue and didn’t sacrifice any of the good traits of stock set up

sennenorochi

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't been addressed a million times before, but I wasn't able to find anything searching the forum. Does anyone know if it's ok to run a coil shock with the standard cascade link (55mm stroke) at 70 kilos?
Cascade say they don't recommend running a coil shock due to the weight of the bike, but I'm wondering if being a lighter rider I would be fine?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't been addressed a million times before, but I wasn't able to find anything searching the forum. Does anyone know if it's ok to run a coil shock with the standard cascade link (55mm stroke) at 70 kilos?
Cascade say they don't recommend running a coil shock due to the weight of the bike, but I'm wondering if being a lighter rider I would be fine?
I have the regular link with an EXT Storia, no issues so far but I’ve not been able to ride that much lately. I had the shock retuned by Mojo for the link, it feels really good the few times I’ve been out though.

sennenorochi

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
I have the regular link with an EXT Storia, no issues so far but I’ve not been able to ride that much lately. I had the shock retuned by Mojo for the link, it feels really good the few times I’ve been out though.
Thinking about going with Ohlins as I get pretty good deals with my lbs...The cascade link should be a match made in heaven, as it should give me the extre progressivity needed to run coil, but them advising against running one hase me kinda worried...

philn

Oct 11, 2022
Orange County, CA

Regarding the CC long stroke, I asked the guys at Cascade the following

1667058175574.png

This is the response I got,

1667058223911.png

I also asked the guys at EXT regarding the E-Storia installed on the Gen3 Turbo Levo with the CC Long Stroke. This is the response I got

1667058414111.png

1667058449117.png

I'm a huge fan of Cascade links pared with EXT shocks. My daily has been a Dreadnought with Cascade B1 link with EXT Storia Lok v3, set up as mullet. I haven't ridden anything that comes close to how well the rear wheel tracks the ground. I just demo the Ibis Oso and the new DW rear linkage kinematics can't touch my Dreadnought set up.

About to install on the Turbo
1667059124336.png
1667059149458.png

Back to the question.

People who want to have a really good time and are willing to pay the money in order to do it. I'm confident, these folks don't care about other people who cry about it.

tubylas

Jun 25, 2022
Poland
Does anyone notice a bearing play in this link? I hold in the left hand the seatpost tube and moving rear wheel from left to right and I see that there is a bit play in the rear bearings in this link especially left one. The screws are tight to the right Nm with Loctite.

Limy78

Jan 19, 2021
Staffordshire
I run a 210 x 55 Ohlins coil with Cascade link. I'm heavier than you at 82kg. Run a 600lb spring and its great. I use the Levo as an enduro / DH bike. No issues so far. I went for this option as I have the Alloy Levo so the current long travel link wouldn't fit (Cascade are testing one for Alloy). I already had the coil shock from my Gen 2 Levo so was just a case of buying a 600lb spring instead of the progressive one and buying the link. About £320 all in which I could stomach but not £1100+ for new shock and LSK at the moment.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello everyone, I have the long link and I found a great opportunity for a holins ttx22 but it is customized for commencal clash with c40 compression and r20 rebound and I have some doubts, even if looking at the respective leverage curves, I don't think there are any substantial differences, someone can help me?
Thanks.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Hello everyone, I have the long link and I found a great opportunity for a holins ttx22 but it is customized for commencal clash with c40 compression and r20 rebound and I have some doubts, even if looking at the respective leverage curves, I don't think there are any substantial differences, someone can help me?
Thanks.
If it's a good deal get it and try it. Doesn't cost much for a revalve if necessary.

MISTER HYDE

Oct 9, 2019
ITALY
I have a Levo GEN3 comp on which I used EXT Storia with the original link. Works great. I didn't think but it's still better than the Cane Creek DB used previously. I have now mounted the long Link Cascade with EXT E-Bike shock.
The suspension is even plush with more wheel grip, both downhill and uphill with tons of traction. Even on jumps there is never a bottom-out problem. The difference is clearly perceptible and the long link makes the Levo even more oriented towards enduro use. :love: (My weight is normal 75 kg).

Last edited:

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West

I was replacing the stock "Performance" shock anyways. Not to mention all of the reports of the X2's failing. Happy to ditch that setup from day 1.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
I too got the same lame response from Push when I asked them to re-tool my 11-6 to work with the Levo and the Cascade Long Shock Link. They also refused to tune the shock to work with Cascade on my Enduro. I'm no expert but I think they just don't want to deal with all the possible permutations from Cascade. Their excuses of catastrophic failure and impossibly high spring rates don't really make sense considering the reports from the field of people doing exactly what we are asking.

I also got the SAME amazing reply from EXT. They have tons of experience with Cascade on the Levo and highly recommend the E-Storia which is really a whole new model of shock not just an 'E" version. They answered the phone when I called and were super helpful.

Now I have the Long Shock Kit and the E-Storia and it's been treating me very nicely. Honestly, I am probably not the target audience for this set up as I don't bottom out and am not super aggressive. I just wanted the most capable and reliable setup from day one.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
i like the basic setup from the manufacturer. i don't think they made a bad bike. i think it's cool for those who like to put even more money into the bike. tune further.

boylagz

Nov 13, 2021
jcgo1985
Just sitting/bouncing around with the long kit, feels like a totally different bike. bottomless feel, much more capable and composed on rough, steep stuff. I rode the bike stock for maybe 40 miles, then switched to the long kit with a factory Float X2. I will not set the bike back to stock. Unless its time to sell.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello everyone, I'll update you on the Fox DHX2, which I had mounted with the long link, it leaked oil and it was thought of a crack on the stem, sent to Vittoria which is fox Italia assistance, in reality a small defective oil seal was broken, replaced with a 2022 model skf, now it's ok, but I decided to switch to ohlins ttx22 m.2 and it's a step forward, compared to fox, it has more sustained hydraulics, but it remains very soft in the first part of the travel, I'm happy with this upgrade

BikeBert

Dec 10, 2022
Croatia
For those with long kit and coil shock.
Could you please share your coil shock model, spring rate and rider weight?
Did you change the fork travel to 170 mm or left it at 160 mm?

I'm considering Cascade long kit and Öhlins TTX22 M.2 230x65 for my 2022 Turbo Levo Expert [S4].
I currently run the bike full stock with Fox 38 160 mm and Fox Float X2 210x55.
I'm 190 lbs [85 kg] and wonder what spring rate to go for.

Thank you in front for any tips and suggestions.

2022-08-17-17-32-35-874.jpg

Last edited:

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
For those with long kit and coil shock.
Could you please share your coil shock model, spring rate and rider weight?
Did you change the fork travel to 170 mm or left it at 160 mm?

I'm considering Cascade long kit and Öhlins TTX22 M.2 230x65 for my 2022 Turbo Levo Expert [S4].
I currently run the bike full stock with Fox 38 160 mm and Fox Float X2 210x55.
I'm 190 lbs [85 kg] and wonder what spring rate to go for.

Thank you in front for any tips and suggestions.

2022-08-17-17-32-35-874.jpg
S4 83/84 kg naked Superdeluxe Coil 475 lb Fox 38 170, Low & Slack

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España

Best tool around, great for starting out

View attachment 102888
the calculator itself indicates that the extra weight of the e-bike must be added, as well as clothing and equipment.
Real travel it’s near 170

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles