Levo Gen 3 Cascade Link 2022+ Levo Long Shock Kit

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Hi !

The Cascade will lower your BB in all riding conditions. Only the not loaded static geometry is the same.
The sag will be more deep due to the higher absolute sag (30% from 165mm instead of 150mm)
and also due to the fact you want to ride with higher sag percentage due to the extremely higher progression.

I'm wondering why cascade has not compensated this by a 2mm longer clevis length to reach same sag-BB-height.

Best regards,

Chris
For what it’s worth, just installed the regular cascade link and BB height is identical to stock link, 340mm In the high rear setting.

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
I’ve been riding the cascade long link with a Ohlins TTX22 230x65 with the Fox 38 extended to 170mm for the last few months. I’ve ridden BPW and more local trails and I’m very happy with it, slack at the front with high setting on the rear. Back end melts away out of mind now.
I’m on an S3 at 85kg.
we are heading to Morzine this weekend for week. I don’t do massive jumps, but doclear tables and do good size drops.
The bike feels really good, probably lost a bit of fund simply because it is so much more capable now - but that’s what I wanted to be able to soak up big landings.
Hi;
what spring rate do You use?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Nice Build...
But I noticed you have a Mastermind TCU on a Alloy bike ? Where did you purchase a TCU on its own ?
I suppose this also answers my question that you can replace th standard TCU with a new mastermind one then ?
The 2022 Kenevo Expert comes stock with the Mastermind TCU 👍

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Ok, I finally went out for my first ride with the regular cascade link installed. Three things became apparent on this hour and a half ride today. Firstly, more traction. The backend sticks to the ground better than the regular linkage. This may be due to the new kinematics or that I have one less volume reducer installed, which ever it is, it’s quite noticeable. Secondly, it feels more plush throughout the stroke now. Again that could be due to one less volume reducer, not sure. I also have 20 more psi in the shock with the new links installed to have the same sag as before. I ran 220 psi to achieve 30% sag I now run 240 psi to achieve the same sag setting. And thirdly, it feels more bottomless now. Through the same trails I never bottomed out once and it looks like there’s maybe close to 5 mm of stroke on the shock left. The added 8% progression is noticeable to help prevent bottom outs, and at the same time the shock feels more reactive and smoother throughout the stroke. So the new set up now is two volume reducers, down from three, and 20 more psi with compression and rebound settings left the same. If on big drops, which I haven’t done yet, I find that I’m bottoming out it feels like I could add more air to stiffen the spring, as the stroke now feels much smoother and less rampy. This is strange because the new kinematics now have added more progression to ramp up even more, but it feels so much better and less like it’s ramping up compared to the previous set up. Anyways, I’m very happy with this purchase as it’s added that last little bit to the suspension that was needed. I wish the bike came this way stock.

Last edited:

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
Hello all,
Just a quick question for tokens for the X2 on the long link, I'm 235lbs-108kg. I need 260psi to reach 30 percent sag. I've run 2 tokens but still bottomed out a bit now on 3, what are others using? My X2 on the long link seems to go through the travel abit quicker than I thought

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Are you still bottoming easily or just occasionally? If easily then try 25% sag, otherwise reduce sag by 1or 2 percent increments until it takes care of it. Nothing wrong with a little less sag, just make sure you balance the front at the same time as you don’t want the back jacked up.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Hello all,
Just a quick question for tokens for the X2 on the long link, I'm 235lbs-108kg. I need 260psi to reach 30 percent sag. I've run 2 tokens but still bottomed out a bit now on 3, what are others using? My X2 on the long link seems to go through the travel abit quicker than I thought

I’m running an X2 on the long shock kit too, about 96kg kitted up, running about 255psi. I have a couple
If bands in there which do their job very well. I usually always ride coil, though I think an X2 really suits this bike.

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
I’m running an X2 on the long shock kit too, about 96kg kitted up, running about 255psi. I have a couple
If bands in there which do their job very well. I usually always ride coil, though I think an X2 really suits this bike.
Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'm heading in the right direction, did you have to tweak the HSR abit compared to the standard setup?

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Tried the long link on my Levo Pro S2 - no go! No clearance on the seat tube and top tube.

long link 1.jpg

long link 2.jpg

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hi, I too have installed the long link on size S2 Levo Expert, but there are about 3/4 mm distance from the seat tube with fox dhx2 230x65, in static position and no problem with top tube

Last edited:

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
Tried the long link on my Levo Pro S2 - no go! No clearance on the seat tube and top tube.

View attachment 96778

View attachment 96779
For my information, it seems that you're using the "original" shock, and not a longer version. Might this be the cause? I believe this is the original shock, as it has the "small piggyback", and not a long one as regular? Again, I might be wrong :D

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
For my information, it seems that you're using the "original" shock, and not a longer version. Might this be the cause? I believe this is the original shock, as it has the "small piggyback", and not a long one as regular? Again, I might be wrong :D
it was installed at low rear position - never tried the high because of no tolerable clearance on the low. also the shock is 230x65.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
it was installed at low rear position - never tried the high because of no tolerable clearance on the low. also the shock is 230x65.
Did you get the fitment figured out or is it just not going to work? I have the normal cascade link but have been looking at going with the long travel kit, I ride the S2 too. If it doesn’t fit then I’ll just stick with the regular link.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Did you get the fitment figured out or is it just not going to work? I have the normal cascade link but have been looking at going with the long travel kit, I ride the S2 too. If it doesn’t fit then I’ll just stick with the regular link.
It does not fit on my specific frame - s2 levo pro. I returned it.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
It does not fit on my specific frame - s2 levo pro. I returned it.
I have the same bike, Levo Pro in a S2. Guess I’ll have to spend my money on something else. Crazy that they don’t say anything about it not fitting the S2 on their site.

Limy78

Jan 19, 2021
Staffordshire
Is anyone running a coil shock with the standard cascade link? I've just brought a Gen3 Levo (Alloy). Going to put the TTX Coil on that had on the Gen 2 but wondering about getting it tuned for the cascade link or not? On cascade website it says on one page that coil shock isn't recommended but on another it says you can although they prefer air.

Stuck1967

Oct 3, 2022
Bonita , CA
Just finished install. Excited to go for a ride and finish set up.

Stock 210x55 upgraded to 230x65
Will convert stock 150mm travel to 165mm
No more high pressures. Easy bottoming out gone
View attachment 83395
View attachment 83396

No clearance issues View attachment 83400

side by side with a stock gen3 Levo
View attachment 83401

170mm travel up front. 165mm rear!
View attachment 83402

Will post the 210x55 for sale soon
** you can see the DU bushing on replaced shock (hole near HSR) View attachment 83403

*Took the 230x65 X2 from my Kenevo and serviced by Fox. Fitted the stock rockshox coil back on.

**i was lucky to already have a DU bushing for the shock. Saved me from dropping what i was doing and making a run to the bike shop. You can use the old bushing from the old shock if you have the tools. But I recommend having a new DU bushing. (Don’t know if this was mentioned on CL site as i did not read any of the instructions lol)
What air pressure , your weight and shock settings are your using on the Fox X2 230x65 ??
Thanks in advance ,
Steve

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
What air pressure , your weight and shock settings are your using on the Fox X2 230x65 ??
Thanks in advance ,
Steve
I haven’t ridden my levo since May
I turned it on and had a bunch of updates lol
Been riding DH bike in parks

Now that park season is over I’m getting back on the levo. Lost some weight over the summer so i will need to recalibrate the suspension. All I remember is it’s about 10-20psi less than stock setting

Rebound is slow because i go on jumps. Compression is somewhere in the middle, but i add more if it feels wobbly when pumping

Stuck1967

Oct 3, 2022
Bonita , CA
Just finished install. Excited to go for a ride and finish set up.

Stock 210x55 upgraded to 230x65
Will convert stock 150mm travel to 165mm
No more high pressures. Easy bottoming out gone
View attachment 83395
View attachment 83396

No clearance issues View attachment 83400

side by side with a stock gen3 Levo
View attachment 83401

170mm travel up front. 165mm rear!
View attachment 83402

Will post the 210x55 for sale soon
** you can see the DU bushing on replaced shock (hole near HSR) View attachment 83403

*Took the 230x65 X2 from my Kenevo and serviced by Fox. Fitted the stock rockshox coil back on.

**i was lucky to already have a DU bushing for the shock. Saved me from dropping what i was doing and making a run to the bike shop. You can use the old bushing from the old shock if you have the tools. But I recommend having a new DU bushing. (Don’t know if this was mentioned on CL site as i did not read any of the instructions lol)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles