Cargo e-Bikes and e-MTB development

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Pretty clear that Germany is embracing e-bikes in general but it will be interesting to see what they might do with subsidies.

Four wheels bad, but three sehr gut. Germans climb aboard cargo bikes

Anyone got one on here? Or have a trailer on the e-MTB.

I see this as widening the volume in the market and increase R&D on new motors (reliable, light, etc) - something we’ve discussed at length in other threads.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The automobile lobby is strong in most countries (hence car subsidies for electric) but I can see a more progressive view of e-Cargo and e-Bikes in general developing. The reality is, most places just don’t have the infrastructure to support a switch to electric cars - and they are not the panacea anyway.

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
and they are not the panacea anyway.
Correct.

Me, I think eTrikes would be a brilliant delivery platform in many bigger cities. You could have say 3 batteries onboard so you would get a full days use and size-wise they are not all that big.
Used to use a 50cc sidecar for much of the running around I needed to do back in the 70's.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
We all ready operate E Cargo cruisers, trikes and bikes with trailers. I am actually off to a launch event in Birmingham in 2 weeks representing UPS at the launch of something new, I can’t share and pictures yet as it’s not been released. Minister for transport and the local government officials will be in attendance, I will dig out some pictures when I am back to work next week so you can see what UPS have deployed already in the UK, Ireland and Germany, it’s all quite interesting.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Make this a little longer so i can have a bed on one side and cooking on the other and home sweet home. Thule box on the roof for ma skis and north shore rack for ma emtb and #eebvanlife

maxresdefault.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not when you are only taking motorcycle parts around town for repair or refurbishment.

You should know by now it would be unlikely for me to make a sensible statement :) Especially on a Monday morning (or Monday evening on the flip side)

I meant the carrying capacity of the sidecar - 50cc ... That's like 1 bolt and 2 washers, possibly with a few nuts screwed on the bolt for efficient use of space ! :)

There's nothing wrong with a 50cc engine .. hell for all I know it was this :

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I meant the carrying capacity of the sidecar - 50cc ... That's like 1 bolt and 2 washers, possibly with a few nuts screwed on the bolt for efficient use of space ! :)

There's nothing wrong with a 50cc engine .. hell for all I know it was this :

:eek:

Could actually carry a cylinder up to the engine reconditioners if there wasn't a headwind :LOL:

Actually got a ticket for playing speedway rider around a roundabout in the wet. Oh, and one for a 1st to 4th gear wheelie - using the chair wheel as a fulcrum to get the front up :whistle:

Jimmi

Jun 25, 2018
Harefield
I bought a Bob Ibex Trailer for my Levo MY 2017. Sold my car. Do my weekly shopping with the trailer and drive to work with the Levo (solo). I dont miss my car which was a nice bmw 335 ci.
Hi, is it easy to connect straight out the box or do you need to adapt it?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Tern HSD S+ - x-wing or is it z-wing utility?
HSD S+ | Tern Folding Bikes | Worldwide
  • Bosch® Performance Line motor with Intuvia display
  • 500 Wh battery for a range of up to 118 km (74 mi)
  • Integrated automatic shifting
  • Enviolo Sport 380 hub
  • Custom Suntour suspension fork
  • Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST suspension seatpost
  • Magura® MT4 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Gates Carbon Drive® CDX belt
  • Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
  • Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
  • Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
    hsdsplus-g1-unfold-shake_0.jpg
    hsdsplus-g1-fold-shake_0.jpg
    hsdsplus-enviolo-hub_0.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles