Wall Mount for E-MTB?

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I want to create some floor space and wanted to mount my e-bike on the wall...but it's over 50 lbs, anyone have any ideas on how to best mount it to the wall?

a google search yields mounting options for regular weight bikes that are much lighter.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Steadyrack! Just brilliant. Very sturdy and easy to use. I bought this one: Mountain Bike Rack
Can cope with up to 35Kg (pretty sure that's much more than 50 lbs!!)
They talk about space to the floor when measuring, but also look at space to the ceiling if you're installing it somewhere with a low ceiling.
Also note that I was concerned with how my Levo could cope with the weight and was told no problem by the local Specialized Concept Store.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
There are some opinions that mountaing the bike vertical (with front wheel in a hook) doesn't play well with fluids (brakes, shock). I found that as well, though it was on a bike that had been hanging up for months. And putting it horizontally (hooking top tube) doesn't save much space; and it's terrible for your back :)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I heard about the oils issue, but I use my bike so often (including commuting during the winter) that I'm not concerned.
No problem with the Steadyrack and your back. As long as you can apply the rear break and walk backwards to get it on it's rear wheel, a little shove with the knee is all that's needed to get it onto the rack. See vids on their site.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Mine holds up well...
16208256376788930379734560270155.jpg

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Steadyrack all the way, you won't regret it.

Fit it as per the instructions and it's as easy as pie to use, no back issues. As for fluids, my LBS and Spesh store advised it was a good idea to store the bike upright as it keeps the seals lubed.

There's lots of vids on YouTube, worth a look.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
another vote for the steadyrack
the argument about fluids in shocks is flawed for sure, shocks are mounted upside down, horizontal or whatever way the frame designer thinks of, so surely rotating 90 degrees won't hurt them

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
the argument about fluids in shocks is flawed for sure, shocks are mounted upside down, horizontal or whatever way the frame designer thinks of, so surely rotating 90 degrees won't hurt them
Not flawed. Retarded.
Mounting a bike vertically won't affect the shock at all and won't affect brakes unless they have a shit bleed in the first place
it will move damping and lower leg lubricating oil in certain forks to the top (which isn't a bad thing as it'll also lubricate your foam rings) gravity and fork movement will cycle the oil back to the bottom again.
No drama

Austin Thomas

Mar 17, 2021
UK
Another vote for Steadyrack. My eBTB is 50lbs and lives happily and easily on their wall rack. So good I bought two! I still cant let the analogue bike go…

weihlac

Subscriber
Oct 12, 2020
USA
Try a ceiling mount. With a pulley system, it is easier on your back. Mount the ceiling track on a ceiling joist.

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Not a massively solid wall but can take over 30kg easily on a not massively solid wall. Another vote for checking how low the ceiling is, very nearly made a mess of it...

853EFAEE-4447-426E-9E85-91834717DCB3.jpeg

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Steadyrack! Just brilliant. Very sturdy and easy to use. I bought this one: Mountain Bike Rack
Can cope with up to 35Kg (pretty sure that's much more than 50 lbs!!)
They talk about space to the floor when measuring, but also look at space to the ceiling if you're installing it somewhere with a low ceiling.
Also note that I was concerned with how my Levo could cope with the weight and was told no problem by the local Specialized Concept Store.
Confirmed. I have SteadyRacks for all my bikes, and a Mountain Bike version for my Turbo Levo. Works brilliantly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles