Canyon Spectral:ON 2022/2023 coil shox?

Jun 6, 2021
Italy
Hello, anyone tried a coil shox on the 2022/2023 Spectral:ON ? How is it? Need a progressive spring or not?
I would like to try a new Super Deluxe Coil with HBO. Any suggestions or experiences? Which spring for 90kg weight? Thank you

AirTime77

Oct 27, 2023
Hello, anyone tried a coil shox on the 2022/2023 Spectral:ON ? How is it? Need a progressive spring or not?
I would like to try a new Super Deluxe Coil with HBO. Any suggestions or experiences? Which spring for 90kg weight? Thank you
"The clevis-style shock mount means the Spectral:ON CFR isn’t compatible with coil-sprung shocks, where “the forces transferred [in such a design] to the smaller-diameter damper shafts used in coil shocks is quite high and can lead to shock failures”, according to Canyon"

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
"The clevis-style shock mount means the Spectral:ON CFR isn’t compatible with coil-sprung shocks, where “the forces transferred [in such a design] to the smaller-diameter damper shafts used in coil shocks is quite high and can lead to shock failures”, according to Canyon"
Interesting, the clevis looks rather short. I've been running a DHX2 on my Rise without issue and I'm a but guy that would put a ton of side load on a shock. The mount is 69mm from bolt to bolt. 70mm max is the recommended max length from Fox for this type of suspension design. Designs like specialized are much longer which is why levo's/kenevos had issues. I'd think the kinematics would be the bigger issue with only a 21% progressivity and a linear rate until 50mm left in travel,, a spring curve that they say was designed for air springs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles