Canyon on Cyclescheme Ltd cycle to work

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
Hi Folks,

Looks like my workplace (large multinational) is using Cyclescheme Ltd for the bikes for work scheme this year.

I see Canyon is partnered with Green Cycle Initiative to allow purchase of bikes for work.

Is there any way I can still get a Canyon bike through the scheme even though my company is using Cyclescheme instead of Green Cycle Initiative?

Otherwise I will have to go for another brand as the savings on bike to work make it uneconomic to consider anything else.

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
You'll have to try your HR department and see if they'll allow a one-off on GCI. Point them at Employers - Green Commute Initiative and see if they'll consider it. Cyclescheme won't deal with any of the direct-to-consumer brands but will deal with some online retailers: Where can I get a bike? - Cyclescheme

I was in the same boat - spent months going through the figures with HR, showing it could be done without affecting the current scheme, no obligation, a one off trial etc. but in the end I got a flat-out "No" and had to make the tough decision of funding the entire lot myself.

I nearly backed out and wrote it all off as too expensive, but I'm glad I didn't.

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
You'll have to try your HR department and see if they'll allow a one-off on GCI. Point them at Employers - Green Commute Initiative and see if they'll consider it. Cyclescheme won't deal with any of the direct-to-consumer brands but will deal with some online retailers: Where can I get a bike? - Cyclescheme

I was in the same boat - spent months going through the figures with HR, showing it could be done without affecting the current scheme, no obligation, a one off trial etc. but in the end I got a flat-out "No" and had to make the tough decision of funding the entire lot myself.

I nearly backed out and wrote it all off as too expensive, but I'm glad I didn't.

Great info, thanks for that. Worth a try with HR in the first instance.

What bike did you go for? Still enjoying it?

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
What bike did you go for? Still enjoying it?

Commencal meta power 29 2018
COMMENCAL 2018 | META POWER 29 2018

I was looking at a Neuron On 6 or 7, but the cost/equipment is better on the meta.

I wanted a shimano steps powered (rode a few, liked that the best) 29er for some road/canal path commuting, but still able to head out to a trail for some red/black technical stuff. Wanted it to be overbiked for the commuting rather than underbiked for the trails.

External battery so that if I do commute I can take the battery from the secure storage area for charging as it's touch-n-go on being able to do the return trip on one charge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles