Canyon Spectral On 7.0

Jimbojetset84

Nov 13, 2019
Herts
Looking at buying my first emtb in the next few weeks and was hoping on some advice.
I’m looking at a Canyon Spectral On 7.0 and want to know some opinions as there are no upcoming demo days or shops for me to try so I’m buying a bit blind. Slightly anxious about only having a 504WH battery too. Is that enough? Id also like to know if there are any specific clubs as nobody else I know is interested and obviously a greater social aspect would make my new hobby more interesting and possibly I could try someone’s bike.

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
First 25km was road, fairly flat 70% eco, 30% trail. Rest was gravel type terrain, about 600ft of climbing so not especially hilly, a few boggy mud sections. Half eco, half trail. Tried the boost a few times.

Much much better than I was expecting on range.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Keep in mind that everyones riding style and where they ride will hugely influence range.

When I first got an e8000 bike I was getting 80-90km out of a charge, over time that dropped to an average of about 50km using a mix of eco and trail. For me, I just found myself pushing harder and going faster in places I wouldn't have - so ultimately, you use more power.

Though if you use stunlocker, you can configure "eco" in small percentage changes to reduce the assistance quite a bit to extend the range and still feel like you have plenty of momentum.

Jimbojetset84

Nov 13, 2019
Herts
So you’re still getting a good 50k of riding in on more technical stuff rather than just flat riding? That still seems ok to me. I’m a beginner but I’d like to get into some reasonable off road riding and just don’t want to regret not buying a bigger battery.
Do you reckon you could still do an 80/90 if you tried?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So you’re still getting a good 50k of riding in on more technical stuff rather than just flat riding? That still seems ok to me. I’m a beginner but I’d like to get into some reasonable off road riding and just don’t want to regret not buying a bigger battery.
Do you reckon you could still do an 80/90 if you tried?
Yes, that's with mixed trails and normally no road sections and about 1000m climbing. Obviously if you start using boost, that will drop. But trail mode on the e8000 does a good job of both giving and conserving power as required. If you dropped eco mode down a bit,. You should be able to stretch it out to 80 or 90k, others do, so it is possible. If you're on heavily undulating terrain, muddy or just hard going, it will be harder to get longer ranges. I'm a beginner too, started this year and it's been a learning curve. Two hard tails and now a kenevo. The kenevo generally sucks power more. But then I ride faster. Gnarly cross country is about 30% faster, but you'd expect an improvement going from hard tail to FS. None technical climbs they're pretty evenly matched. Even the chunky monkey kenevo will do 1% per km if I'm on tarmac {in eco}.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles