Levo Gen 2 Can't start Turbo Levo Comp 2020

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Turbo Levo Comp 2020 won't start up. The only thing I've done on it in recent weeks is tried to install a OneUp Dropper Post to replace the very problematic X Fusion one, including the external cable routing.

I have been struggling with this job so it may be possible that I may have moved one of the other wires.

Also as this job has been on-going for about 3 to 4 weeks now, the Levo has sat unused and has not been started up for a while. Maybe this could give a clue as to what the cause could be.

Has anyone got any ideas ? I don't want to go to the bike shop with all the long waiting times to get it fixed

On attempting start-up the TCU is completely dead. However it is apparant that the little lights on the battery flash when attempting a startup while the Start button is held on the TCU.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I'd whip the motor cover off and check all the connections etc. Also the TCU connection near the handlebars. Also check nothing is damp or wet.

Also put the charger on it, and note what the battery lights do, as their flashing and sequence has a meaning

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
likely you're right about disturbing a connection, did you drop the motor to do the post?
just open up the left side and check everything you can as a start.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I assume you mean internal routing rather than external. The dropper cable goes into the top tube via a grommet then behind the shock then down to the drive side top of the motor casing and loops up the seat tube. Other electrical connections most likely to have been disturbed are those at the back of the TCU.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I did not need to remove the motor to do the internal cable routing.

I have noticed that a Pin has broke on the Battery to Motor cable. On the end that plugs into the motor not the battery. I think this could be the cause.

I noticed new power cables are £80! Surely that is extremely overpriced

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles