Calibrating Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75Nm) Cruise (250Watt)

Serasan

Apr 7, 2020
Chester
My Bosch says that I am riding at 25km/hr while my Elemnt (GPS) says i am riding at 22km/hr. I think that the motor is not reading correctly, anyone any idea how to calibrate it ?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
My Bosch says that I am riding at 25km/hr while my Elemnt (GPS) says i am riding at 22km/hr. I think that the motor is not reading correctly, anyone any idea how to calibrate it ?

I suspect in theory if you increase your tyre pressure then the two figures should eventually match at 25km/h

Serasan

Apr 7, 2020
Chester
I have just gone tubeless and run the tyres at 3.5 Bar. The Max is 4 Bar. I don't think it is a tyre pressure issue. Can a dealer re calibrate, or is there a way I can do it?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Which motor have you got. On the Gen4 in the Kiox display you have about 5% tuning possibility. Set the wheel size as small as possible. Unfortunately to prevent the risk of people being able to ride powered too fast, bosh have chosen to be very conservative in setting their wheel size / speed setting.
I managed to adjust my motor so when the bike is showing 25kmh and the motor is cutting out, the GPS speed is reading 24Kmh . So relatively close. It can be a pain when riding with other ebikers when their cutoff is a little higher than yours. Saves battery and makes you fitter though.

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
I have two Cube bikes with the Bosch gen 2 motors, there’s always a difference between the display speed and gps speed, with the display showing about 1.5 mph more. A mate also has two Cube bikes with gen 2 Bosch motors and exactly the same results.

The solution is very simple, forget about it and enjoy your ride.

qwertycube

Apr 29, 2020
Scottish Highlands
My CUBE Reaction EXC 625 reads 1.1mph faster than my wife’s Trek PF5. Annoyingly, she likes to ride everywhere at 15mph, while I’m peddling, unassisted, always behind, at 16.1mph!
Another top tip - don’t buy your lighter wife, a lighter bike, with a motor of the same power as yours.
But yes, I’m getting a lot fitter and saving using my larger heavier 625 battery!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
My CUBE Reaction EXC 625 reads 1.1mph faster than my wife’s Trek PF5. Annoyingly, she likes to ride everywhere at 15mph, while I’m peddling, unassisted, always behind, at 16.1mph!
Another top tip - don’t buy your lighter wife, a lighter bike, with a motor of the same power as yours.
But yes, I’m getting a lot fitter and saving using my larger heavier 625 battery!
Haha, I have exactly the same experience. But, I have never been fitter!

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía

Same problem. Except that, when I'm out with the missus, I swap my 625 Powertube for her 500 jobbie. At least she gets to carry the extra weight...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles