CX performance "service due"

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
Hi all, my stereo 140 has clicked over the 2000 miles on the Kiox and now when I start up I get the "service due" message.
Has any one done this recently, and what does it entail and cost.
Cheers.

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
That is manually set by the dealer that you bought the bike from when they set it up. They plug in the computer and set a distance and time and whichever comes first will cause that prompt. Service cost is determined by the place you bought it from. Its not so much for the ebike componentry as it is a general bike service. If theres nothing wrong with the bike and its just a general service/tuneup then that cost here from my dealer is around $100AUD (~$76USD)

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
That is manually set by the dealer that you bought the bike from when they set it up. They plug in the computer and set a distance and time and whichever comes first will cause that prompt. Service cost is determined by the place you bought it from. Its not so much for the ebike componentry as it is a general bike service. If theres nothing wrong with the bike and its just a general service/tuneup then that cost here from my dealer is around $100AUD (~$76USD)

Ok, thanks. I can do all mechanical servicing myself. I bought the bike mail order due to lack of availability locally. Is there a way of resetting the display so the service message no longer displays?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
I bought the bike mail order due to lack of availability locally. Is there a way of resetting the display so the service message no longer displays?

Not on your own. You will need to take the bike to any bike shop that has the bosch ebike software. I am surprised that a mail order bike came with this enabled. Maybe i am wrong and they come out of the factory like that. But regardless, you will have to find a bike shop that works on bosch ebikes and you can simply ask them to clear the prompt and not set a new date/distance. That way you can be sure it will never pop up again. You could also ask them to update your battery, motor and display to the latest firmware, which is a separate process.

Patchinko

Aug 14, 2020
S.W hants
Not on your own. You will need to take the bike to any bike shop that has the bosch ebike software. I am surprised that a mail order bike came with this enabled. Maybe i am wrong and they come out of the factory like that. But regardless, you will have to find a bike shop that works on bosch ebikes and you can simply ask them to clear the prompt and not set a new date/distance. That way you can be sure it will never pop up again. You could also ask them to update your battery, motor and display to the latest firmware, which is a separate process.
Thanks ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I just had this on my 2020 Cube TM.
I made an appointment at the bike shop. Had to wait 1 month for the appointment. They charged me €75, though they didn't really have to do anything as I do my own maintenance.
Was really pissed off, as they had the bike for a week. I drove the 30KM to pick it up, and 30KM home. I stupidly didn't turn it on when I picked it up, as also had my wifes bike for another problem which I checked.
Anyway got home, and found they had forgotten to reset the software so the message didn't come!!!!
They said to just ignore it. Grrrr.

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
I just had this on my 2020 Cube TM.
I made an appointment at the bike shop. Had to wait 1 month for the appointment. They charged me €75, though they didn't really have to do anything as I do my own maintenance.
Was really pissed off, as they had the bike for a week. I drove the 30KM to pick it up, and 30KM home. I stupidly didn't turn it on when I picked it up, as also had my wifes bike for another problem which I checked.
Anyway got home, and found they had forgotten to reset the software so the message didn't come!!!!
They said to just ignore it. Grrrr.

What the?
What did you even ask them to do?
It seems they did nothing?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
What the?
What did you even ask them to do?
It seems they did nothing?
Yep, I agree. They adjusted my derailleur and tightened my headset. (Which I said they didn't need to do as I was taking the forks out for a service anyway). That was all for €75. Not going back there again. even if they did sell me the bike. Was treated like a total idiot.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles