Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX

Sportsman

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
Evening all I have a cube stereo 140 race with the Bosch performance cx motor , now when I fully charge my unit up I get no where on the range as what Bosch says you should get if that makes sense , would someone be kind enough to post there settings up please when there Bosch motor is fully charged , i.e what is eco reading mileage before you ride same for tour EMTB and Turbo , I don't think mine is reading correctly :cry:

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
Your range is extremely variable: how you ride, your weight, tire pressure, tire types.

The range on the display is based on your last 5 minutes of riding, so if you just did a climb, your suggested turbo range could be as low as 15km.

A full battery gets me 40-50 km of touring on gravel roads. But I also managed to empty it in 23km of hard trail riding.

My city bike on 2.1 road tires wth 3 bar of pressure can do 90km on a charge.

I weigh 87kg with 2.6 nobby nics at 2 bar pressure

Sportsman

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
Thanks for the reply before is use it and its fully charged up I think its nowhere near what's recommendedin eco fully charged I think it was saying 52 miles what's that all about lol,according to the Bosch site my computer is well out lol

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 22.36.21.png

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I’ve heard a few people comment that the distances which Bosch give using that algorithm are rather optimistic and significantly higher than the bike manufacturers.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
1565805383528.png

The range calculator is just a random number generator. You'd be just as well to ask a magic 8 ball if you're got enough power to do a planned ride.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I basically ignore the values shown there. they only become interesting when your battery is nearly empty and you need to calculate how much turbo you can use and still get home!!
It all depends on how lazy ... sorry .... fit you are! If you are prepared to sweat a bit, you can do some epic rides! Yesterday I did a 43 km ride with nearly 2000 vertical metres on a Cube TM 160 with 20% battery at the end still. I weigh 85 kg and had a pretty heavy backpack. I am training to do another transalp this year.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I basically ignore the values shown there. they only become interesting when your battery is nearly empty and you need to calculate how much turbo you can use and still get home!!
It all depends on how lazy ... sorry .... fit you are! If you are prepared to sweat a bit, you can do some epic rides! Yesterday I did a 43 km ride with nearly 2000 vertical metres on a Cube TM 160 with 20% battery at the end still. I weigh 85 kg and had a pretty heavy backpack. I am training to do another transalp this year.

how many times have you run the battery completely flat?

Bouddha77

Jul 16, 2020
Switzerland

You were mostly in "ECO" mode?
I find out that in "Tour" I can maybe have about 1600m vertical and do about 38km but I am 92 Kg.....
For me "ECO" is like riding a non assisted bike......

rgds

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
You were mostly in "ECO" mode?
I find out that in "Tour" I can maybe have about 1600m vertical and do about 38km but I am 92 Kg.....
For me "ECO" is like riding a non assisted bike......

rgds
I am currently about 82 Kilos. It is just a matter of fitness / training. The motor can only help you so much. The rest you have to put in yourself. I find the best thing to do is to jump on your bike and take off with the mode set to off, and leave it like that for as long as possible. If you start with the motor on, then turn it off, it feels like putting the brakes on.
A really good way to train is to ride with someone on an analog bike, and just keep up with them without using your motor. Only turn it on when it gets steep. In Eco you are normally still faster than a rider on a non e-Bike. You would be surprised how well you can keep up to a normal person (Not one of those super hero riders who devour mountains for breakfast).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles